PDA

View Full Version : Sulky on Pro-G...will it hurt?

Clewsew
09-12-2002, 01:06 AM
Have a question for you. I am interested in the Pro-G 1548. Would it pull a sulky without doing damage to the drive system. Would it significantly reduce belt life? Which brings a new question...What should the normal life span of the drive belts be? I really like the price point for the Pro-G over the hdyro's. I weigh about 170lbs. I wouldn't want to damage the tranny.

Also, are we going to get to see the new steering control system soon? Did I read that you guys have a new design coming out? Any way your info would be greatly appreciated.

The Gladiator
09-20-2002, 06:20 PM
Clewsew,
The transmission in the pro's are a design that has been use for many year with very few problems even with pulling a 170 lbs. operator on a sulky.

As for the belt life well that may vary based on your operating procedures. If you mow large open areas, your belt life should be maximum. If you do lots of turns the belt life will be reduced. I can't give you any specific time because of the nature of belts and belt drives.

You should see some info on the Pro Steer controls in the next several weeks after our dealers have had a chance to see the benefits of the design. We should have product in the dealers by mid to late November.

Regards,
Dan Kilgas