PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on Postcards - your thoughts?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Guys,

I am ordering up some postcards to be direct mailed. About 900 postcards going to two affluent mail routes near me. I have been quoted a price of about $500 which includes the postcard itself, 1 hr design time (no I did not want to take the time to do the thing myself), a mailing list, and postage.
Seem reasonable?

If I go through with this, I would likely do a 2nd mailing 6-8 wks down the line to the same mailing list.

I will concede the estimate is with Adeas. They seem to be pretty easy to work with - anyone do direct mail postcards with Adeas and what are your thoughts on them?

DA

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Bump it up, looking for ops.

walker-talker
02-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Earlier this year I had ran some numbers of running a larger campaign of 15,000. I figured it two ways. One way was I paid a person to design, another for the print and then another for the mailing services. Then I call Adeas and got a quote for them to do it all.....at it was about the same.

Now, when I compare your numbers and mine, seems like you paying quite a bit more per card/100. I think to mail 15,000 was going cost in the neighborhood of $4000 I think. But, with postcards the few you mail the more you're going to pay per piece.

Paver Protector
02-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Are the lists you're using going to mail carrier routes(the whole route) or are you choosing the demographics that fit your business or choosing by a geographical area?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Mail routes I chose are saturation routes (whole routes) - cheaper rate that way, and I know the neighborhoods my cards will be getting into.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Bump it on up

JeffNY
02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
price is right.