PDA

View Full Version : QB 2011 Review

tlc1994
02-22-2011, 01:13 AM
I know there are tons of posts on quickbooks but I wanted to know if anyone has quickbooks 2011 specifically. I plan to get it soon but I`ve heard some negatvie reviews on amazon.com, any comments? My uses for it will mainly just be emailing invoices and tracking schedule (I dont need to utilize the payroll as of now).
Posted via Mobile Device

Roger
02-22-2011, 07:04 AM
If you using QB for invoices and scheduling (really, ... no scheduler in QB?), what are you using for financial management software? What do you use to track expenses and incomes, manage your bank account and credit cards, create reports for tax purposes, etc? Why would you use multiple programs for these separate needs?

I use QB 2009, and am not planning to move to 2011. Sorry, ... can't help you with review of QB 2011.

Littleriver1
02-22-2011, 07:07 AM
why would spend that much money to just email invoices? It uses your email program on your computer anyway.

ryanh11
02-23-2011, 01:00 AM
i hve QB pro 2010 and i love it.....i may go to 2011 for shits and giggles. not sure yet

oldlawnguy
02-25-2011, 10:31 AM
I upgraded about a month ago from QB 2008 and there is not much difference. I thought that they would have worked out some of the kinks with Windows 7 but they have not. Most of the features are the same although some of the functions are in different places. I don't use if for credit cards or payroll.

Now I wish that I had invested the money on something else.

Hope this helps.

ryanh11
02-28-2011, 07:11 PM
my QB 2010 is running on Windows 7 and it runs like a charm

METRO FS
03-27-2011, 04:54 PM
If all you need is the ability to enter customer data, track income and expenses, create and email invoices, keep track of past dues, create billing categories with various fee structures, track sales tax, etc., then Quicken Home & Business may be just right for you. Easy to set up and use. However no route planning or scheduling is included. QuickBooks is a true accounting software and is whole different animal....

CSL&L
03-27-2011, 05:12 PM
We are still using the 2009 version and absolutely love it! Can't help on the 2011 version but I recommend QB to anyone. Very easy to use and learn and the reports saving a ton of time and give accurate figures daily.

zturncutter
03-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Been using Quickbooks for 9 years now and love it. Just upgraded to 2011 pro, on windows 7 and no issues. I use it for credit cards invoicing all records etc., crap it even signs my checks to vendors.

WheatBookkeeping
04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
FYI, there are some add on scheduling applications you can get for Qbooks. So you’ll have to buy QB and the add-on scheduler.

It would be less expensive if you could devise an excel spreadsheet that will track your schedules.

My personal grapevine has told me that, yes, there are problems with QB 2011 - too numerous to go into here. I use QB 2009 originally installed on Windows Vista and now running on Windows 7. It runs perfectly and I have no plans to change anytime soon. I think after three years Intuit will stop supporting QB 2009, updates will cease, and it will become extremely stable.

Tahoe1889
04-30-2011, 12:32 AM
I use QB2009 but was thinking of upgrading because in 2011 you can scan receipts and documents that pertain to a certain job that way everything is all in one place. I normally upgrade every 3 yrs so we shall see might hold off till QB2012.

zturncutter
04-30-2011, 08:49 AM
"My personal grapevine has told me that, yes, there are problems with QB 2011 - too numerous to go into here"

:laugh: Wheat, please educate the rest of us on all the problems that are to numerous to mention. As I said in the previous post from about a month ago 2011 pro works great for us and I upgraded from 2009. My CPA has told me he has heard of no issues from his clients as well.:laugh:

Tahoe1889
04-30-2011, 09:15 AM
"My personal grapevine has told me that, yes, there are problems with QB 2011 - too numerous to go into here"

:laugh: Wheat, please educate the rest of us on all the problems that are to numerous to mention. As I said in the previous post from about a month ago 2011 pro works great for us and I upgraded from 2009. My CPA has told me he has heard of no issues from his clients as well.:laugh:

I'm using QB 2009 premier contractor....
Posted via Mobile Device

WheatBookkeeping
04-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Here is a portion of a QB 2011 problem log book (excel) that one of my guys keeps.
I have just pasted it in below. It may read a little choppy because I edited out parts that might identify my clients.

“Sometimes emailed invoices are out-of-sych the recipient. This is a big no-no and a show stopper.” this is a quote from a . . .
Another instance of QB 2009 can’t read a QB 2011 backup file.
Can a quick books accountant file created on a PC be read on a MAC?
Dropping vendors is still an unfixed bug after all these years.
Instances have been reported that QB needed to be reinstalled after certain Windows 7 updates
My grapevine QB instructor at community college, Industry colleagues
On some of their customized reports, lines of detail are missing, not printed, but the sub totals and totals are OK. Sales receipts
Other programs start to slow down when QB 2011 running.
Problems importing ProTimer files has not been fixed. Some files have to be exported multiple time from ProTimer before you can get one to import to QB 2011 successfully.
QB 2011 dropped an entire payroll cycle.
QB 2011 will occasionally update itself with little or no notification as to what its doing. It’s like having a stranger mucking around in my books without my permission, an offense which gets you fired around here.
QB 2011 won’t convert some company files created by earlier version.
QB hangs up when creating an “accountant’s copy”
Quick Books 2011, trial version, was the only program that has ever crashed my windows 7. I uninstalled it and resumed with QB 2009. I am in the business and can’t afford a single software hiccup.
Scanned supporting documents are lost and/or misfiled.
Some files missing from the QB 2011 for Mac installation disks.
Some configurations of Norton Antivirus will kick QB 2011 off the computer.
Takes too much time to go through and check the bank downloads and other automatically generated transactions because an intermittent error can pop at any time.
Technical service concerning QB 2011 issues is beyond lame. The “technicians” manning the phones are for the most part unable to produce positive results. The continually make the situation worse by their attitude.
The QB registration resets when changing Mac OS versions. The software unexpectedly locks up. Without notice.
When I use QB 2011 I find it difficult to coordinate files with customers who run QB 2009 or older versions.