PDA

View Full Version : Vista still getting TFs from Justin

irrig8r
02-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Someone told me a while back that Vista was making their own transformers.

Maybe they were considering it, but it seems they are still made by Justin. At least that's what the woman whose name I didn't catch who answered the phone at Vista old m.

I was hoping for a report on what they found wrong with the just under 10 y.o. CT-300 TF I sent in for warranty repairs. The transformer is back, but no ifno came with it. Maybe I need to call Justin, because she told me that's where they send them for repairs.

Basic problem was the transformer overheating and the primary side shutting down with only an 11A load on the secondary. This was after fixing a couple of shorts on the secondary side where a landscaper removed some fixtures from my original installation during a renovation and left exposed wire ends in the soil. :hammerhead:

irrig8r
02-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Forgot to include this.

http://www.justininc.com/index.htm

I just talked to Ted at Justin but he says that they get them from Vista by the pallet and so he doubts anyone can tell me what specifically was fixed in mine. Oh well.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I am 100% sure that Justin Inc. still manufactures Vista's transformers. They are an "ok" unit when used with LED (low load) applications but I have had a lot of issues with voltage drop at the taps when you load them up to 80+% capacity. It would be nice to see Vista/Justin put through a product update/improvement sometime soon.