PDA

View Full Version : Forever Warranty ?

Think Green
02-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Was in our local Sear's Retail Store over the weekend with the wife and kids.
As usual, I sneak off to the wonderful department of outdoor lawn mowers and peer at what's new. Couldn't help but evesdrop on a man that was buying a pair of anvil type limb loppers and was inquiring to the salesman of the products warranty. (Go Figure) The employee looked on the label and pointed his finger to the wording under the name of the tool. He said--"It says forever warranty!"
The customer said--"Oh!", that is a good deal since the tool costs only 19.99.
Now, my curiosity was getting to me as I began to talk to this customer--not to ruin the sale or to make the customer feel inadequate. I asked him that at 20.00 for this tool is the warranty necessary. Afterwards, the customer laughed with me on the wording of the warranty. We turned the label over to inspect the fine print that described the warranty in its glory. It states that the warranty is forever upon the date of purchase that lasts for 90 after purchase as long as the tool wasn't used for commercial or rental situations. ????????
I told the customer that if this tool doesn't last more than two years, he isn't hurting his wallet to pay 10.00 a year for a limb cutter.
My only reason for this thread is for comedic drama. How can you warranty something "Forever"-with a 90 stipulation.??

Agape
02-25-2011, 03:46 AM
OK, I'll bite.
I always go for the lifetime warranty and if anything what so ever happens to it I take it back cause a 10-50 dollar tool replaced for free, is always better than one I paid for.
And quite frankly; It's not my warranty. I didn't grab the salesperson or store owner and threaten them with harm if they didn't offer one. It's the brands warranty, so I never get harassed.Most people loose the stuff long before it breaks

I took money I saved on repurchasing pruners, and bought myself a pair of Danner boots- with a 1 year warranty (suckers! I'll be back.):rolleyes:

Agape
02-25-2011, 03:47 AM
PS- Sears sucks!