PDA

View Full Version : keep your mouth shut!

bobbygedd
09-13-2002, 02:01 PM
2 good reasons to keep your mouth closed while weedwacking. (1) was wacking with my mouth slightly opened, a rock hit me in the tooth and cracked it. (2) didnt see the pile of dog poop, wacked it, it splattered on my arms, leg, and yup, in my mouth. gross!

kutnkru
09-13-2002, 02:05 PM
C'mon now Bobby -

Everyone knows the season aint over til the trimmer guy eats 10 lbs -LOL!!!

Yeah, its a rather nasty side affect that is often associated with the daily grind of those running line trimmers.

BTW heres a post from long ago just to let you know that your not alone on this one -LOL!!!
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9956&perpage=20&highlight=lbs%20of&pagenumber=1

65hoss
09-13-2002, 02:12 PM
Dang, Kris is back too!

Good to see your alive.

TurfGuyTX
09-13-2002, 02:16 PM
I must eat a couple of pounds of insects every summer. I had something running up my nose the other day. By the time I got it out, it was unrecognizable. Risks of the business I guess.

thfireman
09-13-2002, 03:04 PM
LOL... I had a small rock fly up and hit my nose. Went right up my nostrel. I thought it fell out right away because I dug around for it but found nothing....:D Gross huh! Anyway later that night I was blowing the ol snoz and a rock went into the Kleenex.

I found out that I get a lot fewer painful hits to the lips since I grew my mustach. Kinda cushions the impact. I also learned that ants and some caterpillers taste a little bit tart.

Wear those goggles and keep your mouth shut! Those of you who ride motorcycles already know how this works!

beck
09-13-2002, 04:33 PM
We were performing some trimming similar to what the highway dept. does, like the mid shin high grass. I had something fly back and hit me in the groin.

Brickman
09-13-2002, 06:40 PM
Talking about the highway department mowing, today I saw a couple of guys mowing around gaurd rails. They were using push mowers and trimmers. I have no idea what they use for trimmers, but the mowers had to be the lowest grade of home owner TRASH I have seen in a while. And they were not self propelled. Can you imagine pushing one of those all day mowing over the very rough ground along a gaurd rail. NO THANKS.

thfireman
09-13-2002, 06:51 PM
That would be a good idea to give the chain gangs down here!

TurfGuyTX
09-13-2002, 07:10 PM
Chain gangs? I thought they did away with that. Isn't cable TV enough hardship for them? LOL

thfireman
09-13-2002, 08:48 PM
They probably do have DVD players in the buses that take them to the work sites! LOL:)

Mow&Snow
09-13-2002, 09:33 PM
I once hired a guy on a work release program from a local jail, (I was real hardup for help) after his second day he didn't show up. Well I called the jail and they told me that he decided not to work any more.

I guess he would rather rot in jail than work for me....lol

LAWNGODFATHER
09-13-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by 65hoss
Dang, Kris is back too!

Good to see your alive.

Yup looks like he is posting like a madman again.

Brickman
09-14-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by thfireman
They probably do have DVD players in the buses that take them to the work sites! LOL:)

In WY they don't use chainers. These were white guy WY DOT employees. I have seen them the last several days when I been running the road. All I got to say is I bet they are really really glad it has been cool the last week instead of the heat of the past few months.

Paradise Yard Service
09-14-2002, 07:52 PM
Hey I always thought that my upper lip smelled something strange at the end of the day!

Aloha,

Kevin

TurfGuyTX
09-14-2002, 08:49 PM
Hmmm...with all of those cats running around, I wonder what you're smelling. I used to live on the Big Island. I'll look up some of my old friends and see if I can send you some more business.

Mow&Snow
09-14-2002, 09:52 PM
I guess I lost the path of this thread.....

Lanelle
09-15-2002, 12:14 AM
I thought that the message of this thread was very clear: An experienced man knows when to keep his mouth shut.

thfireman
09-15-2002, 08:50 AM
Sorry....I helped to side track this thread.

To get back on the subject, I hate when you hit those piles of dog poop and it flies all over everything.. I start spitting just to be sure I didn't get any in my mouth. It usually sticks to my glasses too!:mad: :( :) :D