PDA

View Full Version : mulch and topsoil bid help

grassmasterswilson
02-25-2011, 08:37 AM
Need to cover the rootballs of about 110 azaleas that are sitting above the soil. I figured about 1 cubic yard of topsoil or 1 squard foot per plant.

Also wants mulch in the beds which I figured to be about 13 cubic yards.

$856 sound about right? Never know how to estimate these. Would you just say material cost plus a per man hour fee(ex $425 for mulch/topsoil + $30 per man hour labor)?

Snapper12
02-25-2011, 08:55 AM
13 yrds of mulch is around $750 installed by itself. IMO.

PROCUT1
02-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Does it sound right for who?

You have to provide a lot more information about your business and finances to answer that question.

Century Landscape
02-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Are you covering rootballs . . . as in planting/replanting azaleas? or has some dirtwork been done? Seems like we'd need to know a little more information to help with calculations. How deep will beds be? Will azaleas all be in a row, or in circular beds, or . . . . ? If in a row, how wide will rows be?

Would have no problem helping on the math, but need more information. I cu yd per azalea seems a little much to me. JMO

Century Landscape
02-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Are you covering rootballs . . . as in planting/replanting azaleas? or has some dirtwork been done? Seems like we'd need to know a little more information to help with calculations. How deep will beds be? Will azaleas all be in a row, or in circular beds, or . . . . ? If in a row, how wide will rows be?

Would have no problem helping on the math, but need more information. I cu yd per azalea seems a little much to me. JMO

Ah, just noticed - are you saying 1 cu yard of topsoil total?:hammerhead:

I guess that would be roughly 2.8 inches per azalea, provided each azalea is only 1 sq ft as noted on your original post ;)

To me seems a little off, but need more info!

green_thumb
02-28-2011, 03:06 PM
sounds low. We charge anywhere from 60 -70$ a yard for mulch depending on terrain. Then delivery charge is extra. So right there its already about 845$ + deliv.. I need a little more info on the flower bed though. You need to know the sq footage of the area right and the depth. If the bed is old has little soil to begin with, a yard may not be enough.