PDA

View Full Version : Help i have a stalker!!!

AGG Lawn Maintenance
09-13-2002, 06:59 PM
This guy came up to me last year to get an estimate from me and I never picked up the job. He comes up to me this year and asks for an estimate again. I told him the I gave him an estimate last year but he did'nt remember. So once again I gave him an estimate. Turns out I knew who used to do his lawn. He told me what a pain in the #$# this guy was. I thought for a secound maybe this guy doesn't want me to take business from him. But my customer also told me what a pain in the #$# this guy is. So I didn't get back to him at all. Three weeks latter he asks me again. I told him that I would call him..... antoher week goes by. Today he came in the back yard of my customer to ask me if I can cut it next Friday. I told him I don't think I can cut it I'm too busy.
This guy must have nothing better to do with his life.
Travis

kutnkru
09-13-2002, 07:08 PM
Considering you implied that your estimated price of last season was still valid currently, and then you tell him that you will look at the property yet again this season to re-evaluate the estimate - sounds to me from the clients point of view like you want the job, but your just too busy to get back to him.

What you should have told him was that you had a full schedule, and when an opening becomes available you will contact him then to see if he still needs a Lawn Service.

TurfGuyTX
09-13-2002, 07:08 PM
Be up front with him. If you don't want to do his lawn, let him know. If you want, tell him your all booked up. He probably admires your work. Treat him as you'd want to be treated. Good luck.

AGG Lawn Maintenance
09-13-2002, 07:39 PM
You guys are right shame on me. I just didn't want to tell him I not doing any other work and then pick up someone else down the street. We always are looking to pick up work. How do you tell him one thing and someone else atnoher??
Travis

kutnkru
09-13-2002, 07:46 PM
Thats the easiest way out of all -LOL!!!

All you have to do is tell him that you and the former contractor are friends and you have made it rule No.1 not to take clients from your friends in the biz.

If he says that it was an amicable split or that it shouldnt matter, just explain to him that he needs to put another contractor between you and your "friend".

This way you wont have to deal with his bs this fall. Then you just explain that this way when things dont work out, you have been hired over the competition performing poorly - and it cannot be construed that you are stealing clients from your friends!!!

TurfGuyTX
09-13-2002, 11:30 PM
Well said! I've previously had people trying to hire me to do their lawns. (My best friend's customers) I politely wished them well and explained my friendship was important to me. I have trained him a little more over time.

awm
09-14-2002, 12:56 AM
id just tellim i was too booked up ,and keep saying that till he gets the idea.
u are too busy and just dont want his work.works for me. i dont like to turn anyone dn ,but if i decide i just dont want their trouble,easiest thing is to nipit ,nip it in the bud ,as barney said.