PDA

View Full Version : Leaving your lettered truck in high traffic areas?

walker-talker
02-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Anybody leave there lettered truck in a popular parking lot over the weekend just to get more exposure? The walmart down the street is pretty busy...just thinking.

My truck has a 4' tall and 14' bed on it. It currently has no lettering, but I am planning on putting my logo, phone number and web address on it and had this idea.

Anybody?

stevenf
02-25-2011, 11:49 PM
I am getting my truck lettered and had the same idea. Another good Idea I saw was someone took a boat trailer and made a two sided billboard on it. They would drive it around and I saw it left in a parking lot where they were working.

GreenI.A.
02-26-2011, 12:37 PM
for most companies trucks are a huge un-tapped resource for advertising. Most have plenty of space, but more importantly your truck is in the areas you work in. I have quotes out right now to have one of my trucks wrapped. I figure if I get a few irrigation installs from people seeing my truck the profits will pay for the wrap.

As far as leaving it in a parking lot over the weekend, I would not. I would be woried more about coming back to find my truck was towed as either trespassing or abandoned.

walker-talker
02-26-2011, 12:45 PM
As far as leaving it in a parking lot over the weekend, I would not. I would be woried more about coming back to find my truck was towed as either trespassing or abandoned.
Yes, I did consider this. Maybe the best bet would be to take it there early in the morning and remove it later that night.

bustutah
02-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Don't expect a huge response. I did this all last spring. Confirmed 2 customers this way. I think the long term biz recognition is almost more important.

walker-talker
02-28-2011, 06:17 PM
I wasn't going to do this in hopes of direct response. More so to backup other efforts like newspaper, yards signs, flyers...etc.

GreenI.A.
02-28-2011, 08:20 PM
was thinking about this some more and was thinking instead of a popular parking lot like walmart, homedepot, mobil, how about trying a smaller privetly owned lot that is at a major intersection. Maybe see if you can find a small mom and pop type place where you could work out a deal with the owner to alow you to leave a truck parked on the corner of the lot during the weekend. Maybe offer to maintain the turf, mow fertilizize, weeds ert, mebe do some small anuals plantings to make it look good and then he lets you park their. You could also write off the work there as an advertizing expense