PDA

View Full Version : Will work for beer

Bob Minney
09-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Next door neighbor is trying to buy the house from a room mate that is going bankrupt. Anyway he catches me in the garage the other day and wants me to ID some weeds in back lawn & give suggestions on other problems.
:rolleyes: didnt want to do any work but figured I could send him right direction. Worst problem was milo, told him it probably came from my birdfeeders :blush:
So all done and he says do you want this ginness stout left over from party and nobody here will drink it
Sure :D never meet a beer I didnt like. 3-6 packs. was walking back home and realized kerrappp I got myself working for beer now.

kutnkru
09-13-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Bob Minney
... this ginness stout ... 3-6 packs. was walking back home and realized kerrappp I got myself working for beer now. Beer Hell, thats MUD my friend -LOL!!!

bubble boy
09-14-2002, 12:35 AM
drinking mud won't put hair on your chest.

Phishook
09-14-2002, 04:08 AM
3-6 packs!! That 18 milkshakes!!

good beer though; had a couple of newcastles with a cust. a while back.

It's not a good practice; but if they are offering, they arn't frowning at you either.

65hoss
09-14-2002, 05:36 AM
was walking back home and realized kerrappp I got myself working for beer now.

At least it wasn't a cookie. :D

jeffex
09-14-2002, 07:06 AM
Thats cutting out the middle man!! Saved you a trip to the liq. store. $8 per 6 pack is good money!

MOW ED
09-14-2002, 07:12 AM
That stuff keeps the joints greased.

Tastes great, quite filling.

I have worked for beer in the past also, it aint all that bad.

John Gamba
09-14-2002, 09:31 AM
I Demand It. Like was Said it cut's out the middle man.

gravedigger5
09-14-2002, 09:55 AM
At least it wasn't a cookie. Hoss, whats wrong with working for cookies. I've got this sweet little old lady that bakes me about 2 doz. chocolate chip cookies once a month. Always looking forward to them. I'm a suker for a good chocolate chip cookie.:blush: A beer would be good to. don't know if I could choke down a Guiness right after mowing, they are pretty thick.LOL Marc

Are We Having Fun Yet???:drinkup:

MJStrain
09-14-2002, 11:36 AM
Chuckle chuckle...knee slapping good time:D you're sooooo fuuuunnnnny!!!!:laugh: :drinkup:

The Mowerdude
09-14-2002, 11:47 AM
I only drink 3 kinds of beer.

Hot
Cold
Free

:D

Just Turned Pro
09-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Does that mean that Bob is a "scrub" now working for beer? Well at least it wasn't Smidt Ice!

Just Joking....don't want to start a scrub flame thread....:blob2:

ProMo
09-14-2002, 12:11 PM
I have a customer that gives me a 12 pack of milwawkees best at christmas time man id hate to see there worst that stuffs nasty

f350
09-14-2002, 12:16 PM
i used to date a girl that only drank warm guiness. we would go to a bar and she'd make the barMAID take 6 out and let them sit.

TurfGuyTX
09-14-2002, 01:40 PM
[B]
So all done and he says do you want this ginness stout left over from party and nobody here will drink it

There's a reason it was left over from the party. :eek:
Just kidding. That's stuff is a good beer if you like that type. I guess I'm not refined enough for it.

Sean Adams
09-14-2002, 05:13 PM
Speaking of beer stories... This was funny...

When I first started my business I had 2 employees. One was kind of flaky and showed up when it was convenient for him. The other one was a great friend who worked very hard. I told these guys to always be friendly to the customers, no matter the situation.

It was late July - very hot, and I usually went off and did detail work in my truck, and sent these 2 guys off in another to mow. The one truck was in the garage, and the other guy didn't show up, so it was just me and my friend mowing.

I had to go and bid 2 jobs and do a hedge trimming job, so I dropped him off with the trailer and walk behinds at our best customer's house around 2 pm. It's a pretty big place with lots of detail work.

I figured I'd be back in an hour or so. Got held up. Three hours later I arrive. He is sitting on the walk behind in the customers drive way, the customer standing next to him. As I walk up the long winding driveway, I see something sitting next to the walk behind. I get closer and realize there are 7 or 8 Rolling Rock bottles (empty) on the ground. He has a smile from ear to ear on his face as he continues to chug a beer with my customer.

I realized we wouldn't be working any more that day. I stayed for a few minutes and chatted with the client, we loaded up and got in the truck. Friday, 95 degree heat, several beers... I knew the day was over.

He looked to me and smiled....

"Hey Boss, I was doing what you said. He offered me a beer. I figured it would be impolite to say no."

Had to laugh....