PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good book on annuals

Gman2310
02-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Anyone know of any good books for annuals or seasonal color. Looking to get more into annuals and the seasonal color
Posted via Mobile Device

castle555
02-26-2011, 04:49 PM
You know what works pretty well. Know your Sunset Zone. Google up 'annuals' and you will find most of what you need to know there. I complied quite a personal library of my favorites for either commercial or residential off of that by downloading the pics and basic info. to a word.doc..
However if you are really interested in a book you might try your local university Extension Program for horticulture and nursery plants. New Jersery has these offerings:
* Rutgers Cooperative Extension
* Information on Becoming a New Jersey Master Gardener
* New Jersey Cooperative Extension, Gardening Factsheet and Publications

In Califonia, UC Davis is big on plants and you might even check their site out for interest.

Az Gardener
02-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Take a short vacation to Phoenix and take my class. Its tax deductible :clapping: and in about two weeks I think. The local association schedules the class and just tells me when and where to show up. Its only 45 bucks too.

Seriously though find a local grower, they want to educate you. Our locals have handouts about planting protocol, different varieties and they have "borrowed" our class handout that outlines how to calculate how many plants you will need.

Find your local grower and ask for some help.