PDA

View Full Version : Toro ZTR Bagger Demo!

09-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Had a Toro 52" ZTR with a bagging system to demo today. Wanted to try it out because I have the mower and was intrested in buying a bagger for leaf season. First problem was I could not get the unit off the trailer without scrapping the bottom. Second problem was all the blow back from underneath I could hardly breathe. I wonder is there another bagging unit that will fit the TORO ZTR other than the TORO factory one? Hopefully one that will go on and off easier and load on the trailer without scrapping?:dizzy:

odin
09-13-2002, 11:51 PM
There is supossed to be one that is comeing out by toro that is spindle driven.
it has individual bags instead of the dump from your seat design.

Check with your toro dealer it may be out

Blessed 1
09-14-2002, 09:10 AM
I just called my Toro dealer yesterday to ask about the Exmark Ultra Vac, and would it fit my Toro 52" 255 Z Master. He informed me that it had a different attatch plate. Shucks I was thinking that since they are the same mower's minus the deck that the baggers would be interchangable. Does anyone else have any experience in this?:confused:

odin
09-14-2002, 09:16 AM
blessed 1

Toro is bringing its own spindle driven one out ask the toro dealer about that .
It might be out already its similar to the ultravac

Blessed 1
09-14-2002, 11:22 AM
I just called Toro, and they said that nothing but the dump vac is available, nor did they have any knowledge of one coming in the near future. Sorry for the news. Maybe next year!:blob3: Looks like I will have to stick with the Craftsman for bagging. Heck I've got to use it for something! Its hard to get on it for the following reasons: #1 Tired of loading and unloading it. #2 At 6'6" 290lbs it is like riding my daughters 20"bike. #3 So slow 7-8 mph it aint!:D :D #4 After riding a Z Master getting on a Craftsman is like getting out of the space shuttle getting into a glider:realmad: :cry:

09-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Blessed 1,

How long have you had the ZMaster? I have about 130 hours on mine. It is the 200 series with a 20hp Kholer. The bagging unit I spoke of cost around $2100.00! Ouch!

Blessed 1
09-14-2002, 03:22 PM
I bought it back in May. I had the 200 series 44" 20hp Kohler for about 2 weeks, but because it kept bogging down (carb problem) I traded it in on the 255 52" 25hp. I am only part time evenings. I have 31 hrs on it so far. The ultravac baggers go for $1895.00 here. Now do you see why I keep the Crafsman for bagging puposes! Not to mention it is new too. I have 12 properties and growing! :gunsfirin

09-14-2002, 03:41 PM
I'm thinking seriously about buying a Little Wonder 8hp to take care of my leaf work this year! It runs aound $800.00. Big difference in price and here you can put the leaves to the curb and the city will pick up. I'll buy a bagger for my Z if I can find another unit that will work on it.:D

lukemus53
09-14-2002, 04:50 PM
a friend of mine just put a peco system on his 52 inch zt toro 19hp kawi.i have a peco on my zt bobcat and love it.easy to take on and off.

09-14-2002, 11:47 PM
What is a Peco? Do you have a web site where I can see it?

Blessed 1
09-16-2002, 09:04 AM
I saw it at:

http://www.ganos.com/leaf.htm

Bill Davis
09-16-2002, 10:35 AM
what would i have to expect to pay for a peco for my 52 Lazer HP?They look like they are great and everyone on here talks about them, and is the install and assembly of this product very hard. Thanks.

Blessed 1
10-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by odin00
blessed 1

Toro is bringing its own spindle driven one out ask the toro dealer about that .
It might be out already its similar to the ultravac

I talked to my local dealer today and he said the New Cloth Bag system for Toro's are listed as coming soon.:D

65hoss
10-01-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Bill Davis
what would i have to expect to pay for a peco for my 52 Lazer HP?They look like they are great and everyone on here talks about them, and is the install and assembly of this product very hard. Thanks.

You should look into the ultravac for your HP. Its a great bagging unit. Add the anti-blowout baffle and its awesome.

Green Pastures
10-02-2002, 12:12 AM
I demo'd a Toro (DTS?) dump bagging system on a 2002 62" 26 hp EFI Z-Master and was not at all impressed. It was heavy, did not vacuum well at all, did not pack as good as I thought it should. With the unit on the back it made the whole Z-master tail heavy and when going over small bumps the front end would come up off the ground :eek:

I just domo'd a 2002 Walker with a 48" GHS deck and the 9 bushel hopper. WOW :cool: If you want to have a bagging rider this is the best mowing, best vacuuming, tightest packing, most manouverable mower I've ever actually used.

When I dumped the hopper into the bag it was like a bale of hay. It just fell out in one solid clump. I mowed a 15,000 sq foot lawn that was about 4-5" high down to 3" and the hopper full alarm was just starting to go off. I was worried that the hopper would fill too quickly, making you have to run back to the truck all the time dumping it out. But apparently the blower shreds the grass further, and then it really packs it in that hopper.

$11,400 with the light kit and the new fully sealed ball bearing heavy duty gearbox for the counter-rotating blades, 26 hp EFI Kohler and 1 spare set of blades and blade hubs.

I'm picking it up from the dealer as soon as it comes in. The one I demo'd on Friday sold today and they're getting me another. It should be here on Thursday.

I was skeptical of Walkers till I used one. I'm sold. Cant wait till I get mine in the trailer.

Scott

Bill Davis
10-02-2002, 10:30 AM
so, before i order this Anti-blowout baffle, will it work with my existing mulching kit? If it will i will order today. What are the ultra-vacs retail? I looked on the website and they look nice.

65hoss
10-02-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Bill Davis
so, before i order this Anti-blowout baffle, will it work with my existing mulching kit? If it will i will order today. What are the ultra-vacs retail? I looked on the website and they look nice.

Yes it will work with your mulch kit also. I have had mine on all year with my mulch kit. It helps with blowout on the mulch kit. Doesn't eliminate it entirely, but really helps. With side discharging or using the ultravac it is awesome. No chasing leaves all over the place. It will even suck them off a driveway.

The part number you need to give your dealer because they will not know it. Do a search on anti-blowout and my name, I've posted the part numbers on one thread.