PDA

View Full Version : Dixon

recliner5
09-14-2002, 11:18 AM
I never hear anything on Dixon mowers, how do they compare with the other mowers like DC, Marks, Toros, etc. Thanks Terp

jaredslawncare
09-14-2002, 12:37 PM
They don't:nono:

Runner
09-14-2002, 04:44 PM
It's like this. Have you ever seen those tool sets like you buy from the trade shows that are like 110 pieces for 19.95? Well, you compare those to Snap-ons, and you have these mowers compared to ExMark.

Bunton Guy
09-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Run away quickly :blob3:

odin
09-14-2002, 04:52 PM
We been at landscapeing full time since 1996 and in all that time ive only seen one other company with a dixon.

Around here its scag exmark and toro and some dixies

Sooners
09-15-2002, 01:27 AM
The only Dixons I know of are used by homeowners and they like them. Never seen one used commercially. Personally I wouldn't have one. I'll stick with my eXmark.

gravedigger5
09-15-2002, 01:41 AM
The only Dixons I know of are used by homeowners and they like them. My buddy mows his yard with a dixon and he'll admit it is faster than a lawn tractor, but he says he hates it. I just think he is jealous of my nice new and shiny toro z master:laugh: LOL Marc

cutting edge
09-15-2002, 10:04 AM
My neighbor mows commercially and uses a Dixon. He loves them. He tried to get me to get one, but I went with Exmark. I do not like the way the deck is made on the Dixons (they are too thin).

Runner, the only thing wrong with your scenario is the price. Those Dixons cost as much, if not more than Exmarks.

indian
09-15-2002, 10:16 AM
I think one of the big differences why you see home owners use the dixon is because you are able to get a small deck. For a home owner with a small yard, they can get a 30" wide deck that can fit in through fence gates and is a zero turn. The exmarks, scags, tors, ect. are larger machines and cannot fit through fence gates.

Brickman
09-15-2002, 04:16 PM
IMO

Dixon = home owner.

I have run one and it just feels cheesy and thin. But then the price is high.

wriken
09-15-2002, 07:38 PM
I like this post, nice to hear a differant brand getting slammed instead of MTD or a Cub. LOL :)

HacMan91
09-15-2002, 09:05 PM
My first year I started with a used dixon. It was commercial grade mower, I knew this because it said commercial on it and everyone believes what they read. It was OK the first year, the next year I bought a walker then sold the dixon and bought a exmark 52". Looking back the dixon was low end commerical with a stamped deck, choked down in high grass. It had a 18 hs kohler. No complaints about the motor. Too many better mowers out there to even consider buying one again. This mower is for home owners with acres to mow. Just my 2 cents

BigJim
09-16-2002, 04:48 AM
I was talking with a guy who does the mowing in a big retirement home cpmplex,he was using a Dixon.He said he had only one wish with the Dixon,he wished they'd bring back the Walker the Dixon had replaced.:)

Alan Bechard
09-16-2002, 10:42 AM
We run a 60" Dixon and it is fine. Had a ton of trouble from my dealer and the 22 Kohler that was on the back of it, but it was not anything really with the "Dixon" itself.

We also run an Exmark 60" and a Cub Cadet Tank 48 and just sold a Gravely 50" ZTR.

There are several LCO's in this area running the Dixon's, 3 off the top of my head.

I would not buy another one (Cub Cadet, and Exmark were last purchases) but that has more to do with the Dealer than with the product.

Al Bechard