PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Ramp Protection?

kilgoja
02-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how to protect the bottom edge of a trailer loading ramp?.....you know to keep the paint from chipping off on the bottom edge of the ramp when loading and unloading on pavement

Brodie
02-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Keep a couple of carpet offcuts close by and put them between the pavement and the ramp. Could attach a bit of ply wood to the back of the carpet to extend its life a bit.

kilgoja
02-27-2011, 11:38 PM
yeah i thought about cardboard or something but i was thinking more of something that could be put onto the ramp itself like a piece of rubber or something...not sure how to attach it though lol...i guess i'm just kindof ocd about keeping my trailer rust free and stuff...i should probably just let it go lol

Brodie
02-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Nothing wrong with keeping your gear looking good. Im the same I like to keep my gear as tidy as possible.

If you were going to put rubber on that would work. A couple of screws and stretch the rubber over the part of the ramp that touches the ground and then screw the other side down. Dont know what your ramps look like but on mine the end of the ramp is a box section so it has two flat faces to screw into that dont touch the ground.

93Chevy
02-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Maybe some heavy black plastic glued to the part that hits the ground.

kilgoja
03-01-2011, 12:23 AM
some good ideas..i'll see what i can come up with

mule585
03-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Piece of rubber held on with automotive weather stripping adhesive would be my best idea
Posted via Mobile Device

Greenbeast
03-11-2011, 04:58 AM
Perhaps small reefer door bumpers????