PDA

View Full Version : can a landscape dump haul rock & gravel?????

4 seasons lawn&land
02-27-2011, 11:47 PM
I really want a 26,000 GVW dump truck. It has to have a pretty large bed, 14-16 ft. But I also have to be able to haul heavy loose material like gravel. Will a well built landscape dump be fine for this?? If not I would have to go with a large mason dump which will use up more payload.

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 12:54 PM
my opinion only! i would if you hve that compacity i would haul it if you wanted to. right now i haul 3/4 stone 2 yrds at a time with my 3/4 ton pickup so i wouldnt hesitate to do it with that truck either. But thats just me

GreenI.A.
02-28-2011, 10:48 PM
the big thing is the gauge of the metel they use for the sides and floor as well as the cross members. If it's got low sides and you are loading it with large stone occasionally it should be fine. But if it's got 5' sides and your gonna be dumping loads of 150lb stones in it all day everyday thats gonna start to dent the bed up. And if you get any rust i the bed those heavy stones are gonna do an even larger number to it. just my .02

Krafty
02-28-2011, 10:57 PM
If you are just going to be doing it occasionaly they you will be fine. If you are loading it day in and day out then go with the mason dump. Also I have seen guys line them with plywood to help avoid dents.