PDA

View Full Version : New!!! STIHL MOTO MIX!!!!!

02DURAMAX
02-28-2011, 12:26 PM
How many will use stihl's New MOTO MIX ???

STIHL MotoMix™
Eliminate the hassle of mixing your own oil and fuel mixture with STIHL MotoMix™. Clean and convenient, STIHL MotoMix™ provides you with a premixed 50:1 fuel mixture, created with premium high-octane gasoline and the superior protection of STIHL HP Ultra oil.

MotoMix™ doesn’t use ethanol, allowing it to maintain stability for up to two years after the seal is broken, so it can be stored longer and will stay fresh in your equipment during storage periods. MotoMix™ also is environmentally conscious – the fuel is non-aromatic and the engine oil is fully synthetic and highly biodegradable. Created for excellent engine performance and superior lubrication, it’s no surprise that MotoMix™ is the official fuel of the STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® Series.

hamiltonlawncare
02-28-2011, 01:10 PM
$3.50 and rising for premium unleaded + cost of oil to mix sure i'll try it if it works out to be less cost than "mixing" highly unlikely it'll cost less though

TXBullDawg
02-28-2011, 01:32 PM
not at $7.99 a quart.

Think Green
02-28-2011, 01:44 PM
I go through 20 gallons of mixed gas a week during peak time. This stuff is way too expensive for this. Good for the small potato service and is geared for the homeowner.
At our Trade Show back in January, this company was at the Seminar..........they were pushing hard. All of the services denied their flyers.

mowerbrad
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
This is the first I've heard of the MotoMix from Stihl. I have seen another brand of pre-mixed bottles advertised in magazines and I always wonder who the heck would buy it. For commercial use, I can't really see anyone buying it as it is so much easier to get a gallon or 2.5 gallon gas can and just mix your own. But as I think about it more, maybe homeowners would be interested in a product like this. Depending how often a homeowner uses their trimmer or their blower, this could be just the product for them. They can pick up a couple of these pre-mixed bottles at the dealer and be good for most of the year.

SouthSide Cutter
02-28-2011, 02:32 PM
The reps at a show last week say this is intended for emerge use when you run out of mix. Thought guys might want to keep a can or two on their truck. It is suppose to have a shelf life of 5yrs.

4 seasons lawn&land
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Im buying it in 55 gallon drums. Gas is just too cheap for me.

02DURAMAX
02-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Its not intended for for landscape contractors. This is more for municipalitys,Emergency/Rescue, and homeowners. This is for equipment that sits more time that what it gets used and needs to start everytime!

This has a two year shelf life, Not 5yrs.

02DURAMAX
02-28-2011, 02:46 PM
The reps at a show last week say this is intended for emerge use when you run out of mix. Thought guys might want to keep a can or two on their truck. It is suppose to have a shelf life of 5yrs.

Not a good idea to keep it IN your truck! Summer heat can make that one nasty bomb!!!

eco.lawns
02-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I may put it in my trimmers at the end of the season instead of sta-bil just to test it out

hamiltonlawncare
02-28-2011, 03:20 PM
for $7.99/qt i'll pass

mowerbrad
02-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Its not intended for for landscape contractors. This is more for municipalitys,Emergency/Rescue, and homeowners. This is for equipment that sits more time that what it gets used and needs to start everytime!

For fire and rescue equipment, this stuff will be great. I know that lots of equipment at the fire department doesn't get used very often, it gets started every now and then but doesn't really get used but once every month or two. And since that type of equipment really needs to be able to start quickly, even after sitting for a month or two, having quality fuel in it is extremely important.

But even for some commercial guys, it may be useful to bring it along in case we run out of fuel on the last lawn of the day.

SouthSide Cutter
02-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Not a good idea to keep it IN your truck! Summer heat can make that one nasty bomb!!!

Didn't say in, said ON.

docstihl
03-04-2011, 04:28 PM
For fire and rescue equipment, this stuff will be great. I know that lots of equipment at the fire department doesn't get used very often, it gets started every now and then but doesn't really get used but once every month or two. And since that type of equipment really needs to be able to start quickly, even after sitting for a month or two, having quality fuel in it is extremely important.

But even for some commercial guys, it may be useful to bring it along in case we run out of fuel on the last lawn of the day.

That's where it'll show it's worth for landscapers--last fill up and hang them on the wall for the winter. For eight bucks, you can pretty much guarentee that three or four of your trimmer will not need carb. rebuilds in the spring @ $60.00 bucks a carb-it's a smart savings. Even the average home owner who uses his blower just a couple of times a year--especially in Ohio's poor gas country--fuel's a royal pain!

02DURAMAX
02-28-2012, 01:38 AM
Bump, Anyone use this? I used it and its great!

Richard Martin
02-28-2012, 08:19 AM

It says it has a 2 year life after the container is opened.
You wrote:

MotoMix™ doesn’t use ethanol, allowing it to maintain stability for up to two years after the seal is broken

02DURAMAX
02-28-2012, 01:55 PM
It says it has a 2 year life after the container is opened.
You wrote:

MotoMix™ doesn’t use ethanol, allowing it to maintain stability for up to two years after the seal is broken

That was a quote from stihl's website. They dont come with any seals

Walker Lawn & Landscaping
02-29-2012, 04:22 AM
Im buying it in 55 gallon drums. Gas is just too cheap for me.

AHHH HAHAHA. my thoughts exactly. they can market anything these days. i see no reasonable excuse for anyone to use this... ever. you can literally buy a gallon of gas AND a cheapo one gallon container for this price

mikeypizano
02-29-2012, 10:34 AM
AHHH HAHAHA. my thoughts exactly. they can market anything these days. i see no reasonable excuse for anyone to use this... ever. you can literally buy a gallon of gas AND a cheapo one gallon container for this price

Well I can see one use for this. If you have something that don't get used much, lets say my little Craftsman tiller for my tiny garden, or my Poulan Pro chainsaw, since both use 40:1 and I use Stihl trimmer and soon blower. I would get a quart of 40:1 at Walmart or Sears for them to use, even though I could probably use the 50:1 Stihl mix in them.

frameslawn
02-29-2012, 11:40 AM
If any of you guys are interested in using Stihl's moto mix I think you should check this out first. VP RACING SMALL ENGINE FUEL

It comes in 3 versions and is Ethanol Free.

It comes in 4-Cycle, 50:1 Mix, and 40:1 Mix.

Looks like some really good stuff.

Our Local fire department uses it for their rescue equipment.

http://seffuels.com/

Richard Martin
02-29-2012, 01:03 PM
If any of you guys are interested in using Stihl's moto mix I think you should check this out first. VP RACING SMALL ENGINE FUEL

$7.33 a quart PLUS shipping...

mikeypizano
02-29-2012, 01:05 PM
$7.33 a quart PLUS shipping...

Plus you have to ORDER it... I can see buying the premix if your in a hurry.

motormouse
02-29-2012, 04:23 PM

It comes in 3 versions and is Ethanol Free.

It comes in 4-Cycle, 50:1 Mix, and 40:1 Mix.

http://seffuels.com/

It's the same stuff