PDA

View Full Version : Redmax 8500?

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 12:32 PM
I just saw an ad for a redmax 8500 bp blower on this site. i went to the redmax website and its not on there.

Im looking to buy a 8050 but if redmax is making a new one bigger backpack i may just buy that.

Anyone know whats going on with this? Thanks

93Chevy
02-28-2011, 12:36 PM
I haven't heard anything either. I'd be interested...the 8050s seem to lack power compared to the 8001s.

DLAWNS
02-28-2011, 12:39 PM
I just saw an ad for a redmax 8500 bp blower on this site. i went to the redmax website and its not on there.

Im looking to buy a 8050 but if redmax is making a new one bigger backpack i may just buy that.

Anyone know whats going on with this? Thanks

I'm not sure...I heard a rumor on here that there talking about a 9000 series which will give me a hunchback like no other, lol. But I would still buy it! haha Not sure if there's any truth to these rumors though. My dealer hasn't heard anything yet. I will ask the RedMax booth at the NJLCA show though.

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm not sure...I heard a rumor on here that there talking about a 9000 series which will give me a hunchback like no other, lol. But I would still buy it! haha Not sure if there's any truth to these rumors though. My dealer hasn't heard anything yet. I will ask the RedMax booth at the NJLCA show though.

Thanks Bill i will call my dealer also because im courious now. hahaha. yeah but can you imagine the power of a 9000 series? it would kill your sholders and back but it would be worth it! wish i had a good trade show around here like you have.

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I haven't heard anything either. I'd be interested...the 8050s seem to lack power compared to the 8001s.

really? i thought they were the same as the 8001's just as a different number on them huh

93Chevy
02-28-2011, 12:52 PM
really? i thought they were the same as the 8001's just as a different number on them huh

I thought so too...must be some more emissions crap. I mean, I might be wrong, I only used an 8001 once and own an 8050, so my "feel" might be off.

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 12:58 PM
I thought so too...must be some more emissions crap. I mean, I might be wrong, I only used an 8001 once and own an 8050, so my "feel" might be off.

ah maybe. i didnt think there was any difference at all but who knows im just going off of what my dealer said haha.

sjessen
02-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Spoke to a Redmax rep a couple of weeks ago. He said they are, in fact, working on two new blowers that are more powerful, yet lighter and with better fuel economy. That was all he knew about it at that time. If this is true Redmax is addressing some of the issues (weight) that have been raised.

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Spoke to a Redmax rep a couple of weeks ago. He said they are, in fact, working on two new blowers that are more powerful, yet lighter and with better fuel economy. That was all he knew about it at that time. If this is true Redmax is addressing some of the issues (weight) that have been raised.

so did he saw like a release date or anything? i just hate to buy a 8050 right now and have a new one come out like the week later you know?

That would be a sweet blower once it hits the market! thanks for the info!!

DLAWNS
02-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I believe the 8050 did have some emissions changes and therefore feels slightly less powerful. It's probably just in my head, but same with when I had a 7001, then also bought a 7100. Always felt the 7001 had slightly more power. Like I said though, it might be all in my head!

sjessen
02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
so did he saw like a release date or anything? i just hate to buy a 8050 right now and have a new one come out like the week later you know?

That would be a sweet blower once it hits the market! thanks for the info!!

He didn't have any other information. A word to the wise: The 8000 series was full of bugs when it was first released. I bought one of the early ones and Redmax ended up replacing half of the parts under warranty. Like you I want the biggest, newest and baddest but will wait awhile for the issues to be worked out.

sjessen
02-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I believe the 8050 did have some emissions changes and therefore feels slightly less powerful. It's probably just in my head, but same with when I had a 7001, then also bought a 7100. Always felt the 7001 had slightly more power. Like I said though, it might be all in my head!

My 8050 has more power than my 8001. I'm thinking the blowers start losing power as they age. Had another 8001 that needed the carb replaced. There was a noticeable increase in power afterwards.

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 05:17 PM
My 8050 has more power than my 8001. I'm thinking the blowers start losing power as they age. Had another 8001 that needed the carb replaced. There was a noticeable increase in power afterwards.

that definatly makes sense because as they age and get many hours of use its still a motor and they break down the older they become. I am trying to decide if i spend the money now to get the 8050 because a dealer near me has them for 100 off the price or just wait for the bigger ones to come!? hahaha

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 05:20 PM
He didn't have any other information. A word to the wise: The 8000 series was full of bugs when it was first released. I bought one of the early ones and Redmax ended up replacing half of the parts under warranty. Like you I want the biggest, newest and baddest but will wait awhile for the issues to be worked out.

yeah i know that im thinking about just buying anouther 8050 and buying a wb blower for the fall then next year or the following year see what they have then. its a tough decision and i know you guys know that.

sjessen
02-28-2011, 10:25 PM
yeah i know that im thinking about just buying anouther 8050 and buying a wb blower for the fall then next year or the following year see what they have then. its a tough decision and i know you guys know that.

If you can get an 8050 for $100 off I'd jump on it. It could easily be late summer before the next series debuts and it may take another 6 months to a year to work out the bugs. I've had an 8050 for almost a year and it has been flawless.

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 11:04 PM
yeah my local dealer has 8050's for 460 right now when i was in there last week

sjessen
02-28-2011, 11:06 PM

That is a great price!

Ben's Landscape
02-28-2011, 11:12 PM
yeah it is! i think im going to get it this weekend the guy said its the winter price and if he reconizes me that may help also even if the price changed

Alan0354
03-01-2011, 04:28 AM

$460?!! I guess the new RM is not selling!!! I remember the 8001 is pushing $600.

I guess the Echo PB770 and Shindaiwa EB802 really give this a run for the money and both are $500.

Ben's Landscape
03-01-2011, 07:53 AM
$460?!! I guess the new RM is not selling!!! I remember the 8001 is pushing $600.

I guess the Echo PB770 and Shindaiwa EB802 really give this a run for the money and both are $500.

8001 near here was 550+ tax. Yea its just because during the winter how many people need them? hahaha. best time to buy then.

SGPMI
03-22-2011, 01:48 AM
8001 near here was 550+ tax. Yea its just because during the winter how many people need them? hahaha. best time to buy then.

the new redmax blower is ebz8500 and they are saying its suppost to be the beast blower on the market

Ben's Landscape
03-23-2011, 10:45 PM
any news on a release date?

SGPMI
03-23-2011, 10:57 PM
i heard next month for the release date

buckhigh
03-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Anybody have any specs on this yet?

Was just quoted $475 out the door for a Shindy 802 that I might jump on. Have one already, and kind of in the mood to try something different...

soloscaperman
03-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Weren't the REDMAX 8000 series made from God? They were built like 5-8 years ago and still are reliable and the most powerful. If they make one more powerful I will just strap it to the front of my truck when I snow plow ha ha.

buckhigh
04-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Just tried to do a search on here for Redmax 8050 reviews...and an advertisement for the EBZ8500 pops up. But nothing on Redmax.com about it:cry:

Ben's Landscape
04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Just tried to do a search on here for Redmax 8050 reviews...and an advertisement for the EBZ8500 pops up. But nothing on Redmax.com about it:cry:

I believe the 8050 was the same exact thing as the 8001 if that helps. Yes i saw that pop up and thats why i asked the question because I want to see the specs and want the 8500!!! haha Its teasing me seeing that pop up but no one knows about it haha

Ben's Landscape
04-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Weren't the REDMAX 8000 series made from God? They were built like 5-8 years ago and still are reliable and the most powerful. If they make one more powerful I will just strap it to the front of my truck when I snow plow ha ha.

HAHA that they were!! And they are the most comfortable, and best bang for the buck i find IMO. I like that idea about putting it to work with snow storms!! make fast work of dustings of snow

buckhigh
04-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I believe the 8050 was the same exact thing as the 8001 if that helps. Yes i saw that pop up and thats why i asked the question because I want to see the specs and want the 8500!!! haha Its teasing me seeing that pop up but no one knows about it haha

Well, I want a backup blower for this season...and thinking about buying another Shindy 802. I stopped by the Redmax dealer today, and started looking at their blowers. Part of me wants another 802, the other part of me wants to try something new. He pushed hard to sell me the Echo 770. The 770 stats look really impressive, I just thought it looked too plasticy (is that even a word?)! Maybe cheap is the word I'm looking for? And not the price he wanted for it wasn't cheap! I'm just curious about the 8500...the dealer new nothing about it. Go figure.

Alan0354
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
I know the 8001 has a long reliable track record, but I read more about the 8050 not up to the 8001 and colder nature. Sadly that seems to be the trend. If you are ready for the Shindaiwa 802, I would buy it if I were you. I doubted the 8500 is going to be even close the the low price like this. I remember you couldn't touch the 8001 for less than $600. I think the 8050 is much lower price due to quite a few complains here.

Shindaiwa 802 has more than 3 years of close to perfect if not perfect review here. Do a search and you'll see. If I am in the market, I'll would get one myself.

JMHO

buckhigh
04-01-2011, 09:42 PM
I know the 8001 has a long reliable track record, but I read more about the 8050 not up to the 8001 and colder nature. Sadly that seems to be the trend. If you are ready for the Shindaiwa 802, I would buy it if I were you. I doubted the 8500 is going to be even close the the low price like this. I remember you couldn't touch the 8001 for less than $600. I think the 8050 is much lower price due to quite a few complains here.

Shindaiwa 802 has more than 3 years of close to perfect if not perfect review here. Do a search and you'll see. If I am in the market, I'll would get one myself.

JMHO

I appreciate your words of wisdom on the Shindy 802. I have read some reviews on here, and I'm very satisfied with it. I see you chime in a lot when it comes to blowers/trimmers. You seem to have your sh!t together. I have a feeling the new 8500 will be pushing $600? There is no way in hell I'm going to spend that much when a dealer a mile down the road is willing to sell me another 802 for $475 out the door.

Alan0354
04-01-2011, 10:13 PM
I appreciate your words of wisdom on the Shindy 802. I have read some reviews on here, and I'm very satisfied with it. I see you chime in a lot when it comes to blowers/trimmers. You seem to have your sh!t together. I have a feeling the new 8500 will be pushing $600? There is no way in hell I'm going to spend that much when a dealer a mile down the road is willing to sell me another 802 for $475 out the door.

Thanks for the compliment. I try to read a lot of posts and take note of what people said and not to put as much weight on the brand name. I am always try to hold off on the new models. I won't even say anything until the model is at least 3 years old and have a good track record. I would have no reservation on the 8001, just they don't sell it no more. I am still watching the Echo PB770 but I won't be comfortable until the 3 years is up!!!

$475 is a good price. It is a 79cc engine, you can't beat the raw cc of the engine. It is so hard to judge the blowing, you'll see the comment all over the place here. 802 is plenty powerful, it is more efficient if you don't have to wait for it to warmup......or worst yet, to bring it to the dealer to have it fix!!!:cry:

remember make sure you get the new harness. I think I read KB gave the model number somewhere.

buckhigh
04-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the compliment. I try to read a lot of posts and take note of what people said and not to put as much weight on the brand name. I am always try to hold off on the new models. I won't even say anything until the model is at least 3 years old and have a good track record. I would have no reservation on the 8001, just they don't sell it no more. I am still watching the Echo PB770 but I won't be comfortable until the 3 years is up!!!

$475 is a good price. It is a 79cc engine, you can't beat the raw cc of the engine. It is so hard to judge the blowing, you'll see the comment all over the place here. 802 is plenty powerful, it is more efficient if you don't have to wait for it to warmup......or worst yet, to bring it to the dealer to have it fix!!!:cry:

remember make sure you get the new harness. I think I read KB gave the model number somewhere.

Yep. Al at Shindaiwa is sending them to me under warranty. Do you have an 802? I have another question about the air tube I was hoping to get answered. Not sure if it's a design flaw or I'm just being too damnn picky?

Alan0354
04-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Yep. Al at Shindaiwa is sending them to me under warranty. Do you have an 802? I have another question about the air tube I was hoping to get answered. Not sure if it's a design flaw or I'm just being too damnn picky?

No, I don't, When I was in the market 3 years ago, it was not selling in Calif and it was too new at the time. I went with the Maruyama BL8100 for $389. It is a good blower but not as strong as the 802. We don't have big leaves so I went real conservative and get reliability over everything. I am not regretting if, but might not be what you want, you are talking about super blowers here!!!:laugh:

Southern Pride
04-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Well it looks like Redmax is trying to 1 + Echo.

Why buy a redmax 8050 when you can get the Echo 770 with 80 more cfm for the same price tag?

Alot of people on this site hate on Echo, but that's just pure ignorance. I have a Echo blower/trimmer that are literally a decade old. Still start first pull lol. SO, I bought the 770 and it is nothing short of amazing. Air conditioned back pad too.

buckhigh
04-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Well it looks like Redmax is trying to 1 + Echo.

Why buy a redmax 8050 when you can get the Echo 770 with 80 more cfm for the same price tag?

Alot of people on this site hate on Echo, but that's just pure ignorance. I have a Echo blower/trimmer that are literally a decade old. Still start first pull lol. SO, I bought the 770 and it is nothing short of amazing. Air conditioned back pad too.

I don't hate on Echo at all. I have 3 Echo trimmers and 1 hedge trimmer. Love them all. I am no longer brand loyal. I want to try different manufacturers, and experience their products. Redmax, Walker and Scag are next on my list of manufacturers I want to try out. Besides rebuilding my pos Zama carb on my 230; I've been very satisfied with my 210, 265 and hedge trimmer.

Southern Pride
04-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Oh I wasn't directing that post as you "hating" at all... I just read the original post and gave my .02 Nothing wrong with trying out other quality brands at all. The only problem with it though is having multiple dealers to deal with ya know...

buckhigh
04-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Oh I wasn't directing that post as you "hating" at all... I just read the original post and gave my .02 Nothing wrong with trying out other quality brands at all. The only problem with it though is having multiple dealers to deal with ya know...

All good. And yeah you're right about dealing with numerous dealers. I do all my maintenance myself though. I only need the dealer if I have a serious problem that develops under warranty. At that point, I still think dealers are worthless and usually have to get the manufacturer involved. Can't speak for your area, but here in Northeast Ohio there are only a select few who aren't snakes.

Southern Pride
04-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Same here. I actually enjoy doing greasing, filters, oil, belts, etc. With a 36" exmark belt drive it's all pretty simple anyway, but there are a few things I have the dealer do like yearly check of gear box grease (tranny)

Alan0354
04-02-2011, 04:05 AM
I don't hate on Echo at all. I have 3 Echo trimmers and 1 hedge trimmer. Love them all. I am no longer brand loyal. I want to try different manufacturers, and experience their products. Redmax, Walker and Scag are next on my list of manufacturers I want to try out. Besides rebuilding my pos Zama carb on my 230; I've been very satisfied with my 210, 265 and hedge trimmer.

I always defend Echo. It is the only brand I never see any growing pain on the new models. My HC151 is the most reliable piece. But being an old fart, I still insist on the 3 year thing for the PB770 even though you see many raving reviews.

Ben's Landscape
04-02-2011, 08:35 AM
The only reason why i do not care for echo is that to me they have cheaped up quite a bit since my 83 back pack blower PB 400E. Anouther thing i do not like how Home Depot and Lowes sell them. I know that its not the same machines that power places sell but i do not like it. Thats mainly why i like Redmax because my family has run them for many years so i like to stay with them. I just dont like the feel of the shindawia but in my opionion.

Just for people to think about. when the 770 echo came out it was a year or two old and my uncle (very meticouls and ran the right oil etc) he was running the machines wide open for a day and the exhaust backed out of it and blew up the machine. The dealer gave him anouther and that blew also. So since then maybe the design has changed or somthing but that has stuck in my mind and i have no problem sharing it with other people. Since then he has run the redmax and I see a lot of guys run them in the NE area and around my house there is not many Shindawia dealers/owners and even less ECHO blower owners.

I am not arguing just stating some facts about the "Big three" for all to know.

TheOctagon
04-02-2011, 10:34 AM
No promises on these numbers but i got ahold of a book that had 8500 specs in it a little while ago. Dont know if they are pre production numbers or official but if i remember right it was somewhere in the 900's for cfm(i wanna say 940's) and a speed of 204 or 206. Like i said though not sure if it was true for sure numbers.

Ben's Landscape
04-04-2011, 12:14 PM
WOW that would be crazy if those numbers were correct! can you imagine two of those blowers next to each other? wow fall clean ups would be easy!

saw man
04-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Here are the specs, I just used a 7500. Really nice!

EBZ7500 - 65.6cc, 770 CFM w/tube, 236 MPH, 23.4 lbs.
EBZ8500 - 75.6cc, 908 CFM w/tube, 206 MPH, 24.7 lbs.

walkermowers1
04-14-2011, 09:03 PM
hows the weight on the blowers?

BlazerRidge
04-14-2011, 10:06 PM
The post right above yours has the weights of the 7500 and the 8500

buckhigh
04-14-2011, 10:07 PM

Can you provide a link? Where did you find those specs at? Curious about the 8500...

beaver29
04-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Found this pic online.

beaver29
04-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Here is the EBZ8500

saw man
04-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Can you provide a link? Where did you find those specs at? Curious about the 8500...

The specs are on a sheet I got from our distributor. There seems to be a lot of little things they did to get the extra air flow and the spec sheet does not list them. I can try to get a scan tomorrow but I'm sure there will be a lot of info out shortly.

They said they have the 7500's in stock but no 8500's. They are still trying to get rid of old stock.

The 7500 is equal to (maybe a little more power than the 8050)(Also brand new unit/no break in), from what I can tell by using it. 4 lbs. lighter makes a big difference and they said it will be priced at $499. $549 for the 8500.

I think you guys will like them a lot!

mictrik
04-15-2011, 03:50 AM
I don't think the numbers mean a thing. I have seen numbers all over the map but we have no standard to compare it to. You say 900 CFM, well who's measuring this? Why have I seen high CFM and High air velocity figures on blowers that ar empirically speaking less powerful than others with lower associated numbers. There needs to be a neutral organization that tests the manufacturers claims. I am willing to bet that this new EBZ8500 will be very powerful & perhaps the most powerful to date but the numbers mean almost nothing to me...

Ben's Landscape
04-15-2011, 10:51 AM
The specs are on a sheet I got from our distributor. There seems to be a lot of little things they did to get the extra air flow and the spec sheet does not list them. I can try to get a scan tomorrow but I'm sure there will be a lot of info out shortly.

They said they have the 7500's in stock but no 8500's. They are still trying to get rid of old stock.

The 7500 is equal to (maybe a little more power than the 8050)(Also brand new unit/no break in), from what I can tell by using it. 4 lbs. lighter makes a big difference and they said it will be priced at $499. $549 for the 8500.

I think you guys will like them a lot!

WOW thanks for the info and the specs! The price doesnt seem way out of the picture either thats what im paying for the 8050 around here. I cant wait to see one and try them out!

Did you feel the power difference over what i assume your 7001? i bet there will be a huge difference in power felt over a 8001 thats over 200 cfms more!

I would like to see the spec sheet if you could scan that. Thanks a lot

beaver29
04-17-2011, 09:15 PM

Could you tell us how the 7500 compares to the 7001 or 8001 Saw man?

saw man
04-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Could you tell us how the 7500 compares to the 7001 or 8001 Saw man?

I did in a previous post. The 7500 is just as powerful (Maybe little more than the 8001) BUT lighter weight and more user friendly. There is a lot to the unit that can't be explained without seeing it first hand.

Will post a info sheet soon.

saw man
04-17-2011, 11:03 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5190/5629336575_b0ceba1f97_b.jpg

buckhigh
04-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Wow! That looks like the beast of all blowers! I can't wait to try one out! Anybody know of a release date for the 8500? I'm thinking wisesales.com might sell it cheaper than the local bend you over dealers?

saw man
04-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Wow! That looks like the beast of all blowers! I can't wait to try one out! Anybody know of a release date for the 8500? I'm thinking wisesales.com might sell it cheaper than the local bend you over dealers?

Do not bet on that!! I have sold equipment lower than wisesales for years!

PLEASE!! Buy from your local dealer and keep the money in YOUR area, YOUR schools!

buckhigh
04-17-2011, 11:54 PM

PLEASE!! Buy from your local dealer and keep the money in YOUR area, YOUR schools!

I honestly try to support Ohio as much as I can. I bleed OH-IO! But you don't know the local dealers here in the Cleveland area the way I do. Snakes my friend SNAKES!

Ben's Landscape
04-18-2011, 07:19 PM

Totally agreed! look around even if you have to go to a naihboring city it is really worth it to keep your money in your state!! you will not get the same service dealing with online places.

Really like those stats did it say what the wieght was on the 8500?

mictrik
04-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Buying Local in my area is often asking to be ripped off. Though as of late I have found two people that I believe to be above board and relatively knowledgeable, the vast majority are terrible. I use the tools, maintain and service the tools. Only if I do not have the time will I bring it to a shop and too often I have been disappointed with the work done. Wrong Spark plugs, missing screws, scratched housing, skipping lubrication Etc... Then their is the long turnaround time so I do it myself 9 times out of ten.

beaver29
04-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I might have to update one of my 7001's with one of these bad boys. If they live up to there specs they will be awesome!

motormouse
04-21-2011, 12:20 PM
This blower is a MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!! Just used one last week. Tons of new specs. 3lbs lighter, bigger tube,air entry from the sides, air filter design, less bulky, etc, etc. Look for it to be for sale at dealers around June.

Cooter
04-21-2011, 02:28 PM
When will Husqvarna be coming out with this new blower?
Posted via Mobile Device

saw man
04-21-2011, 02:30 PM
When will Husqvarna be coming out with this new blower?
Posted via Mobile Device

Have not heard anything from Husqvarna as to release date.

In some areas the Redmax units are available now.

Ben's Landscape
04-23-2011, 07:37 PM
I heard in RI that one power place told me that they could be having them as soon as next week or in the next couple weeks. Anouther told me that they were not doing anything until the fall? I dont understand that point but who knows. Im pumped to see it!

joed
04-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Wow, these two blowers sound like they're going to be incredible. I used to have a redmax 8000 blower until last year. That thing was amazing. I just bought the Shindaiwa EB854 last fall and think it's amazing too. However, these new Redmax offerings looks like they will be king of the castles. 908 cfm at the pipe. That's insane. You'll have to be careful not to blow the client's house down the street...LOL. Hope they bring them up to Canada soon, where I live.

genesis215
04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Here's some photos of the new EBZ8500. Looks like it will be the king of blowers.

http://www.facebook.com/commercialmowers?sk=wall&filter=1

mybowtie
04-26-2011, 08:39 PM
My dealer had 2 8500's come in...sold em in 2 days and has 4 more sold when they come in. I couldnt run it, but it looked good. Kinda hope my 7100 craps out..lol

Ben's Landscape
04-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I called some of my dealers and they said to keep calling they should start getting them in a couple of weeks. Hope so!! i run the 8001's but should still be a huge upgrade

fobaum
05-04-2011, 12:37 AM
On redmaxs website it says 685cfms at pipe hum ,echo 765 at pipe? who knows i guess will see when someone gets one?

saw man
05-04-2011, 01:24 AM
On redmaxs website it says 685cfms at pipe hum ,echo 765 at pipe? who knows i guess will see when someone gets one?

That is for the Redmax 8050, the blower being discussed is the all NEW 8500 & 7500 models. I posted specs on both these in this thread (post #55) go back and check it out.

fobaum
05-06-2011, 10:58 PM
bump. I got my 770 echo stolen Mon. afternoon and a stihl hs86r 30'':mad: so that being said i need a new blower, I've been using my stihl 600 magnum and it doesn't compare to the 770, i figured i'd get the RM 8500 in a couple of weeks if its out by then, anybody know when i can expect it here in south Florida??

fobaum
05-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Any new info on when the RM 8500 will be at dealers?

Ben's Landscape
05-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear that about your equipment. I heard that it depends on the dealers. My dealer said keep calling every couple of weeks. I would keep using th eblower you have if it works and wait til the redmax is available.

fobaum
05-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks Ben's , dealer said they should have the 8500 tomorrow!!:clapping:
i'll post review when i get it.

Ben's Landscape
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks! not a problem. I am waiting to hear the review because when it comes out i am buying it!

superbuick
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Any real life news on this blower yet? Anybody have one yet? Specs look good - I plan to buy one as soon as they're available in MA or RI.

fobaum
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Called the dealer yesterday asked if they had the RM8500 in yet they said yup we got them in, when i get there they tried to hand me a 8050, He then called redmax and i guess they told him they won't have them for about 2 months? don't know when i'll get one now because I KNOW HE'S GOTTA SELL ALL THEM 8050 NOW.:cry: just my luck.

superbuick
05-13-2011, 12:50 PM
That sucks.

I saw that a dealer in NJ (Oakland marine or something) had gotten some in, so they DO exist "in the wild". Wonder what the delay is for most every other dealer out there...

Ben's Landscape
05-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Called the dealer yesterday asked if they had the RM8500 in yet they said yup we got them in, when i get there they tried to hand me a 8050, He then called redmax and i guess they told him they won't have them for about 2 months? don't know when i'll get one now because I KNOW HE'S GOTTA SELL ALL THEM 8050 NOW.:cry: just my luck.

Thanks sucks man! look around at some other dealers. I would like to see a real life answer on how they work and a review. I would fell mad about that also hey is he given good deals on the 8050? AHAHA

hackitdown
05-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I called 2 dealers today, one says he will get some by the end of May.

jricker
05-16-2011, 09:33 PM
okguys here comes my opinion! br 600: long story but never again with a four mix!! went with echo pb 770 and love it!! looks like it will be beat now by the 8500 which i can understand looking at the engine size in that thing! seems about on par with the 7500 which again i can see due to engine size. i wonder if we will see echo slap a bigger engine in the 770 housing? bet we will! i really like the 770 it is about as well designed as you can get as you can see red max used some of the same technology in the design of their new units. the 770 is around 470 dollars here in new jersey and i think echo gets a lot of performance out of the 63cc engine.they are really tight when you get them.need about four tanks of fuel to loosen up and then fuel usage drops and power jumps up.2 stroke is def. the way to go!!

superbuick
05-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Still nothing on this front? I haven't heard or seen anyone who has an 8500 available yet (or a 7500 for that matter).

louwal
05-26-2011, 12:43 AM
hear in South Jersey there are a few dealers that have them, the 8500 that is, I picked one up today for $529

Ben's Landscape
05-26-2011, 09:11 AM
wow nicee!When you get to use it can you let us know about how you like it and what its flaws are? thanks

louwal
05-26-2011, 10:11 AM
My first impression is WOW! It feels like a 23 lbs backpack with more power then some of the others at 28 lbs. I believe it is 25 lbs but the weight seems like it is more spread out over your back. It was 80 degrees yesterday and that air condition back sure is nice and it’s only going to get hotter. If you added about 3 lbs to the BR 600 that’s what it would feel like. Very quick and responsive. My only complaint so far is that the throttle does not seem as well mounted as the 80001 or previous models, that just may be me because I have not used a Redmax in a few years.

supastarks
05-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Louwal, did you get the hip mount or tube mount throttle? What kind of oil do you plan on using?

louwal
05-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Hello, I have some redmax maxlife synthetic blend that I will continue to use. I got the hip mount.

supastarks
05-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Awesome. I will pick mine up today. Debating if I should start the machine new with the Opti-2 or just go with the recommended Redmax Maxlife as you are. What do you think?

louwal
05-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Either one would be fine, the Opti-2 may be easier to find but more expensive I belive, my dealer has those on the counter, they look like power bars right? Both would be fine and we have should have no issues. You will love the power!

supastarks
05-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Yup, they look like liquid power bars. I am hesitant mainly because some dealers have told me to stay away from Opti-2 on high RPM equipment and newer Redmax models. I have a near full case of the Opti-2 as leftovers.

Anyone here uses Opti-2 on their newer Redmax model blower?

:dizzy:

SGPMI
05-26-2011, 11:07 PM
hey everyone i bought a 8500 yesterday the blower is great and very blower and finally light just so much power

superbuick
05-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Pics or a video?

louwal
05-27-2011, 11:18 AM
enjoy!.............

superbuick
05-27-2011, 12:06 PM
In pictures it looks really small and compact - I like that. Is it smaller than past RedMax units in real life?

LORENZ
05-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Well this looks to be the only thread on the web that is talking about the 8500. I've spent an hour looking around on the net.

I want one of these buggers and need it shipped. Most internet sales are shipped for free and I appreciate that. These units are so new most dealers haven't updated thier site so I figured this was the best/only place to put my feelers out.

Who has the best price on these right now. I found $519 + shipping and feel I can do better than that considering the 8050 (the model the 8500 replace) can be had for $480 and free shipping. My local guy doesnt carry RedMax and the Husqvarnas aren't coming in until August...

So if you know of a good place to get a deal I'm buying!

louwal
05-28-2011, 01:26 AM
In pictures it looks really small and compact - I like that. Is it smaller than past RedMax units in real life?

No it may look more compact in the picture but its actually a little taller, not much. Anyway I got to use it again yesterday and it was 90 degrees and humid, I really like the cool air it blows on your back!

fobaum
05-29-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't know anyone selling them online dealers etc... anybody know where online please share.

LaLawnGuy
05-30-2011, 09:15 AM
I don't know anyone selling them online dealers etc... anybody know where online please share.

Ditto
Posted via Mobile Device

Ben's Landscape
05-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the pics and the review! i cant wait to get one now my dealer said just to keep calling

hackitdown
06-03-2011, 05:49 PM
I picked one up today from the Redmax dealer in Rowley, MA. Good price, and good guy to work with. It does seem to have more power than my BR600, but I have not done a head to head blowing test. Starts and runs nice.

ATLandcare
06-12-2011, 08:00 PM

http://wisesales.com/redmax_ebz8500rh.html
$489, no tax, $12 for shipping insurance. I'm gonna order one from them next week.

mictrik
06-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Can anyone provide a first hand real world power comparison of the 8500 relative to 8001 or some other "big" blowers like the pb770, eb802 etc..?

superbuick
06-12-2011, 09:55 PM
I will post one as compared to the pb770 as soon as possible.
Posted via Mobile Device

superbuick
06-16-2011, 11:00 PM
It is more powerful than the 770 but not insanely so. I currenty still prefer the 770 as it is more comfortable and alot quieter while still having ample power. Time will tell as I use the redmax more and test it out, but for now I still like the echo.

Ben's Landscape
07-28-2011, 09:59 AM
any other reviews on this machine? im looking to buy on for this fall

joed
07-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I just bought a Redmax 8500 on Monday. Haven't used it much but I like it. I used to have the Redmax 8000 and in comparison, this thing is a lot lighter. Power wise, as superbuick says, so far it's more powerful than the Echo PB770 (I have one) but not by an insane amount. The back padding isn't as comfortable as the Echo either. We'll see after the break in period how well the blower does but so far I'm pretty happy with it.

I traded in my Shindaiwa EB854 on this deal. That blower was good when I first got it but after about 10 hours of use, I started having problems with it not wanting to start and the tubes kept coming off when you were using it. Dealer tried to correct if but nothing seemed to work. So, I got feed up with it and traded it in on the Redmax. I could have gotten the EB802 but when I tried it out, it seemed less powerful than the Echo so I decided to just go with the Redmax instead.

Ben's Landscape
07-28-2011, 12:03 PM
I totally agree i looked at a 8500 and i did not like the back padding but i wasnt sure if it would change once it breaks in? I believe the 8001 padding felt so much more comfortable.

Dont even get me started on the shindawia that we had at a place i was working at. i felt like my 8001 would blow it away, and i didnt find it comforatble. Does the 8500 feel far more powerful than the 8001 like the stats say it is?

joed
07-28-2011, 12:52 PM
I totally agree i looked at a 8500 and i did not like the back padding but i wasnt sure if it would change once it breaks in? I believe the 8001 padding felt so much more comfortable.

Dont even get me started on the shindawia that we had at a place i was working at. i felt like my 8001 would blow it away, and i didnt find it comforatble. Does the 8500 feel far more powerful than the 8001 like the stats say it is?

So far the 8500 seems more powerful than the 8001 and the 8000 I had but not by an insane amount. The tubes are really big and wide and I think that helps. I'll see once it breaks in if the power increases. With my echo pb770, it took about 15-20 hours for it to break in, then the power and fuel economy went up quite a bit.

superbuick
07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. My opinion on the 8500 hasn't changed much with additional use. Power is great, but not hugely better than the 770t. The back padding hasn't got any more comfortable with use though. I love the sound of 2 strokes but the motor on this one sounds coarse and unrefined as compared to the echo. It does run smoothly though, so the sound thing is more of a nit pick. It definitely sounds better than a br600.

Fuel consumption hasn't changed much, perhaps slightly better, but I never found it that bad to begin with. It seems about comparable to the echo 770t which is decent if not spectacular.

Overall it's a good blower, but I still find myself reaching for the 770 more often. The back cooling feature works better and the machine has a more refined feel to it. Bear in mind, however, I have not yet used the 8500 in leaves. So far all comparison has been done with cleanup work (grass, apples, mulch, etc) and drying of cars. I will make sure I keep this thread updated in the future with my thoughts - hopefully Joe and others will as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

joed
07-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. My opinion on the 8500 hasn't changed much with additional use. Power is great, but not hugely better than the 770t. The back padding hasn't got any more comfortable with use though. I love the sound of 2 strokes but the motor on this one sounds coarse and unrefined as compared to the echo. It does run smoothly though, so the sound thing is more of a nit pick. It definitely sounds better than a br600.

Fuel consumption hasn't changed much, perhaps slightly better, but I never found it that bad to begin with. It seems about comparable to the echo 770t which is decent if not spectacular.

Overall it's a good blower, but I still find myself reaching for the 770 more often. The back cooling feature works better and the machine has a more refined feel to it. Bear in mind, however, I have not yet used the 8500 in leaves. So far all comparison has been done with cleanup work (grass, apples, mulch, etc) and drying of cars. I will make sure I keep this thread updated in the future with my thoughts - hopefully Joe and others will as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi Superbuick,

Thanks for the update. So far, I've used my new Redmax 8500 for a few hours and I have pretty much the same impressions as you. Very nice blower and I'm happy with it but not that much better than the Echo PB770. I'll keep people updated too and one of these days, I'll try to do a video on it so people can see the blower work better. Now, my dealer did tell me that after 15-20 hours, you can remove the spark arrestor screen. He said that should increase the unit's power. I might try that and see.

superbuick
07-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Hey Joe,

I've been running mine sans spark arrestor from day 1. Im not sure why there would be a need for you to wait to remove it - if anything not having it there during break in will allow te engine to run a bit cooler, but I guess it's wise to go with what your guy says, since he'll be servicing it and honoring any warranty issues. That being said, with the spark screen removed and the engine broken in, my assessment remains the same. Good power, not hugely better than the "next best", and a bit lacking in refinement. Overall a solid B+ I'd say :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

Fawcett
08-15-2011, 01:18 PM
I've been loosing sleep over this. I bought a second 8050 new yesterday. I would have got the 8500 but the shop didn't have one with the controls on the left side and thats one thing I really like. I still have the 8050 in the box.

I didn't do any research about the new model but now I want it more than the one I got....
I dont know if its worth trying to take it back. I go back and forth between durability issues and loss of performance. The 8050 is tried and true. Its very nice, the best blower I've ever used by far. The data on the 8500 seems to show that its far superior to everything but I've never tried it but its only been out for a couple of months and it hasn't proven itself yet...
ARGHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT TO DO?

LaLawnGuy
08-15-2011, 02:11 PM
I've been loosing sleep over this. I bought a second 8050 new yesterday. I would have got the 8500 but the shop didn't have one with the controls on the left side and thats one thing I really like. I still have the 8050 in the box.

I didn't do any research about the new model but now I want it more than the one I got....
I dont know if its worth trying to take it back. I go back and forth between durability issues and loss of performance. The 8050 is tried and true. Its very nice, the best blower I've ever used by far. The data on the 8500 seems to show that its far superior to everything but I've never tried it but its only been out for a couple of months and it hasn't proven itself yet...
ARGHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT TO DO?

I'd return it, I almost bought the 8500 but have no dealer for 60 miles :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Fawcett
08-15-2011, 05:34 PM
LaLawn Guy: I did what you said and returned the 8050 and placed an order for a 8500. I've tried lots of different products, I'm a RedMax guy for life. Not gonna mess around and leave power on the table if I dont have to. Nothing but the biggest and the best will do:)

Super Buick: I race Sr. Rotax with CFMotorsports out of Easton Ma. Looks like you have a Rotax, what chassis is that? What tracks do you go to?

superbuick
08-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Fred you need to get your eyes checked. Look at the helmet. Have I been away that long that you forget what my helmet looks like? I can post a picture of the back of it if that helps - you may be more familiar with that side.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fawcett
08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Tommy is that you?

superbuick
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Yup. Hi Fred!

mictrik
08-17-2011, 01:29 AM
The EPA rules are having a serious impact on the performance of these blowers. The specifications are useless as they are either completely made up or are numbers achieved when configured in a manner that would violate EPA rules. Regardless, the "numbers" may as well be ignored. At this point it seems that the Eb802 & PB770 are reliable & strong; the EBZ8500 is also strong & will likely prove to be reliable. There really is not anymore to say. It seems that some of the later EBZ8001 blowers were less powerful than those of earlier manufacture; why reduce it's output..? EPA!!!

Fawcett
08-17-2011, 09:26 AM
MicTrik: From reading everyones postings around here it seems as if blower performance or lack of performance can be compared to diesel trucks of the past such as when Ford went from the 7.3 to the 6.0 motors.

The EPA messes everything up lol. I've got the EBZ 8050, its been bullet proof and has amazing power. I bought it thinking it was the biggest and baddest but later found out that previous models out power it which is kind of a bummer (like the 7.3 vs. 6.0).

Last weekend I bought a second EBZ 8050, took it home thinking it was the strongest blower on the market. Then I find out about the EBZ 8500... I'm not one to leave anything on the table, I returned the 8050 in its unopened box and placed an order for the 8500! The intube airflow numbers of the new blower made me do it.

I do not want to stand infront of a pile of leaves and think "man what would the 8500 have done?" So the boss (me) gets the new toy and I'll give my helper the 8050. I'm looking forward to trying it out when it comes in.

My RedMax trimmer and blower have been nothing short of amazing. They can sit outside all night long in pouring rain and start right up in the morning. I doubt anything will change my brand preference.

Ben's Landscape
08-21-2011, 10:56 AM
MicTrik: From reading everyones postings around here it seems as if blower performance or lack of performance can be compared to diesel trucks of the past such as when Ford went from the 7.3 to the 6.0 motors.

The EPA messes everything up lol. I've got the EBZ 8050, its been bullet proof and has amazing power. I bought it thinking it was the biggest and baddest but later found out that previous models out power it which is kind of a bummer (like the 7.3 vs. 6.0).

Last weekend I bought a second EBZ 8050, took it home thinking it was the strongest blower on the market. Then I find out about the EBZ 8500... I'm not one to leave anything on the table, I returned the 8050 in its unopened box and placed an order for the 8500! The intube airflow numbers of the new blower made me do it.

I do not want to stand infront of a pile of leaves and think "man what would the 8500 have done?" So the boss (me) gets the new toy and I'll give my helper the 8050. I'm looking forward to trying it out when it comes in.

My RedMax trimmer and blower have been nothing short of amazing. They can sit outside all night long in pouring rain and start right up in the morning. I doubt anything will change my brand preference.

I would have to totally agree with the statments you made about the diesel engines and the epa. Also the same thought of what would the 8500 have done? hahaha

Did you get your blower yet? I am anxious to hear some other reviews on this machine. I may be getting one this week so that i can break it in before fall. Hopefully it proves to be just as relieable as the 8001 and the 7001 were for many years.

I did not realize that the older 8001's had more power than the newer ones. i may have been missing out then! mine was made in like 2007 hahaha. Thanks for all the replys to this thread

sjessen
08-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Have owned 8000's, 8001's and an 8050. Have not noticed a power drop off in them. In fact, the 8050 is slightly more powerful than any of the others. Just my experience. The carburetor seems to operate just a bit different on the 8050 though. Seems to be leaner during cold starting as though the choke does not close as fully causing it to take more pulls to start. Does start a little better during summer heat though.

i cut with ferris
08-21-2011, 12:04 PM
got two 8500 last month. so far so good with them. now i cant wait until the leaves fall lol.

Ben's Landscape
08-23-2011, 10:58 PM
very good to know about the carburators. I am planing on buying one this week or next.

I cut with ferris.....how do you like the power of the machine?

Ben's Landscape
09-02-2011, 11:29 PM
BUMP!!! any more reviews?

IXINRGIXI
11-08-2012, 08:48 PM
just picked one up today .. this blower is a monster! leaf work is a breeze and with 908cfm NO OTHER manufacture can touch it

In2une
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

In2une
11-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey guys just a heads up I bought a redmax 8500 last April 2012
Used nothing but 89 octane and redmax oil as the manual requests.
The blower only did a total of 7 cleanups. I keep my gas tanks clean and my spark pluggs as well. The thing is in mint condition.
Yesterday finishing a clean up the blower vibrated to all he'll for no reason and lost power to about half compacity and started leaking oil underneath the choke area. I shut it down and then tried to start it and it was completely locked up.
Dealer said that it needed a new fan and bolt assembly as all 4 of my main engine bolts vibrated out.
Talked to the redmax rep and he said that this has been happening alot on this model.
PROBLEM IS..... I get It back From the dealer said it was fixed. This blower is NOT THE SAME!! LOST HALF THE POWER. I took it to my first job this morning and ran it right next to my other REDMAX 8500 and was sooooooooooooo mad!!
Anyone else have this problem??? Please respond.
Thank You
Posted via Mobile Device

sjessen
11-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Hey guys just a heads up I bought a redmax 8500 last April 2012
Used nothing but 89 octane and redmax oil as the manual requests.
The blower only did a total of 7 cleanups. I keep my gas tanks clean and my spark pluggs as well. The thing is in mint condition.
Yesterday finishing a clean up the blower vibrated to all he'll for no reason and lost power to about half compacity and started leaking oil underneath the choke area. I shut it down and then tried to start it and it was completely locked up.
Dealer said that it needed a new fan and bolt assembly as all 4 of my main engine bolts vibrated out.
Talked to the redmax rep and he said that this has been happening alot on this model.
PROBLEM IS..... I get It back From the dealer said it was fixed. This blower is NOT THE SAME!! LOST HALF THE POWER. I took it to my first job this morning and ran it right next to my other REDMAX 8500 and was sooooooooooooo mad!!
Anyone else have this problem??? Please respond.
Thank You
Posted via Mobile Device

Take it back. Something is bad wrong.

Realslowww
11-09-2012, 07:06 PM
I have been told the 8500 is not as strong as 7500?

Darryl G
11-09-2012, 07:26 PM
Ditto on taking it back.

I have it's sister, the Husqvarna 580 and no problems after 1 year of use. What's the warranty period, 2 years?

TruSomethingOrOther
11-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Purchased my 8500 last week and love it! A little on the heavy side (almost fell out of the back of my truck on first use, air volume of this thing played a part in that lol) For the size of this bugger I'm surprised it didn't use more gas. Considered purchasing a wheeled blower as well, but with this unit working out so well, I can hold out a little longer on the wheeled unit. Oh, I bought the RH model, but thinking about how nice it would be just to set the throttle and go. Anyone else have the regular model? Thoughts?

Darryl G
11-10-2012, 01:16 AM
There's a cruise control on the 8500, no? It's the same lever as the kill switch.

Unless you do a lot of wide open level lawns I'd skip the wheel blower. Mine sits on the trailer most of the time now that I got my 580. I find the 580 more productive and less tiring than the wheel blower in most situations.

Green-Man
11-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Any new info on when the RM 8500 will be at dealers?

I'm late on this but wow someone who actually lives close to me! haha. Where do you buy your equipment from?

Bumpmaster
05-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Just got mine last week cause it looks good in the truck!

cccmachine
06-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Before pulling the red trigger.

PLEASE LEAN FORWARD

Mikegyver
06-23-2013, 07:37 PM
The 8500 is hands down the best backpack out there. I had BR600mag and it couldn't hold a candle to the 8500. I've owned several other brands and the 8500 out performs all of them.

Outdoors_Unlimited
06-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Before pulling the red trigger.

PLEASE LEAN FORWARD

What he said. The girls usually won't grab that backpack.
Posted via Mobile Device

PROCUTS LAWNCARE
07-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Ditto on taking it back.

I have it's sister, the Husqvarna 580 and no problems after 1 year of use. What's the warranty period, 2 years?

So is nothing original anymore? Redmax is husqvarna? I bought a Tanaka string trimmer last week and its identical to my husqvarna trimmer... just different handle... Wtf

Ill stick with Echo... My 770 blower beats both these above blowers to pieces!

M

echo
07-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Pretty sure theyve owned them for 5+ years.

No backpack blower beats the 8500 or 580bts. If you've used them you'd know that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
07-08-2013, 01:47 AM
So is nothing original anymore? Redmax is husqvarna? I bought a Tanaka string trimmer last week and its identical to my husqvarna trimmer... just different handle... Wtf

Ill stick with Echo... My 770 blower beats both these above blowers to pieces!
M

That's just BS bro. I have used the 770, 8500 and my own 570 Husky. Both the 570 and 580 (same basic machines as the 7500/8500 RM's) will solidly beat the 770 any day on anything. I was on my way to buy a 770 when I finally found a dealer with a 570, and I'm glad I did. It is well ahead of the 770 in performance.

Green-Man
07-08-2013, 12:54 PM
That's just BS bro. I have used the 770, 8500 and my own 570 Husky. Both the 570 and 580 (same basic machines as the 7500/8500 RM's) will solidly beat the 770 any day on anything. I was on my way to buy a 770 when I finally found a dealer with a 570, and I'm glad I did. It is well ahead of the 770 in performance.

Do you use the 8500 for blowing grass clippings and stuff or more for fall cleanups?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
07-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Do you use the 8500 for blowing grass clippings and stuff or more for fall cleanups?
Posted via Mobile Device

I did a demo with one in the fall on wet leaves. I passed on buying one because my husky 570 (RM 7500) has much higher MPH which scours stuck down stuff loose much better, yet has almost as much CFM in the real world (vs the advertised specs of each), uses less fuel, and weighs less. If anything ever happens to this one, or it just wears out, I'll buy another 570 when it comes time to replace it.

Green-Man
07-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I did a demo with one in the fall on wet leaves. I passed on buying one because my husky 570 (RM 7500) has much higher MPH which scours stuck down stuff loose much better, yet has almost as much CFM in the real world (vs the advertised specs of each), uses less fuel, and weighs less. If anything ever happens to this one, or it just wears out, I'll buy another 570 when it comes time to replace it.
Ohh I see I see. I'm stuck between the RM 8500 and the echo 770. Everyone says for just grass clippings and blowing out beds and such the 770 is perfect and has good fuel economy. Then the 8500 is a monster which means it sucks fuel but it's worth it. Also seems like the 770 is more comfortable to wear due to all the adjustments you can make. I'm just not sure yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green
07-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Ohh I see I see. I'm stuck between the RM 8500 and the echo 770. Everyone says for just grass clippings and blowing out beds and such the 770 is perfect and has good fuel economy. Then the 8500 is a monster which means it sucks fuel but it's worth it. Also seems like the 770 is more comfortable to wear due to all the adjustments you can make. I'm just not sure yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

For what you are talking about, I'd take the 770 and never think twice about it. It is also a strong blower, and one I liked very much when demo'ing, and as I said, I was on my way too buy one when I fianlly found a dealer with the 570 in stock (no one anywhere near here could keep them in stock when they came out in the fall of '11, and there was a huge back order/wait for anymore to ship, which would have been after leaf season here).

Green-Man
07-08-2013, 05:42 PM
For what you are talking about, I'd take the 770 and never think twice about it. It is also a strong blower, and one I liked very much when demo'ing, and as I said, I was on my way too buy one when I fianlly found a dealer with the 570 in stock (no one anywhere near here could keep them in stock when they came out in the fall of '11, and there was a huge back order/wait for anymore to ship, which would have been after leaf season here).

Awesome then that will be the blower I will get! Just wanted to make sure. My dealer sells the 570 but the top sellers there are the 770 and 8500.

Ridin' Green
07-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Awesome then that will be the blower I will get! Just wanted to make sure. My dealer sells the 570 but the top sellers there are the 770 and 8500.

Here, the 570 and 770 are the same exactt price-$499. If you can get the 570 for the same price as the 770, do it! You sure won't be sorry.

Green-Man
07-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Here, the 570 and 770 are the same exactt price-$499. If you can get the 570 for the same price as the 770, do it! You sure won't be sorry.

I'll deffinitely look into that! Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

echo
07-08-2013, 10:56 PM
You can get the 580 for the same price from Pantano Equipment, a sponsor here. Great to deal with. They have some on ebay right now with no tax and free shipping.
Posted via Mobile Device