PDA

View Full Version : Need help with door hanger

makbootzy
02-28-2011, 01:03 PM
I am not completely sure about the design. I will be printing and cutting these out myself to save money so artwork can not go to edge. This was a test to see how much room I had for business card and cut out(cut out needs to move down). The text is also just a sample but the photos are of previous jobs and will most likely stay in the design. Any input is appreciated
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/188447_1894706609664_1301542769_2620650_3554464_n.jpg

RPM90
02-28-2011, 03:03 PM
by trying to save money, your going to waste money because people are going to look at this and just throw it out, get something professionally designed its cheap and well worth your money instead of using this thing. Most companies have free design with a hell of a graphic designer, I used adeas who advertises on here and they have great work and great prices.

bustutah
02-28-2011, 04:55 PM
I used uprinting or uprint.com they had great prices and great turnaroung time 2000 1/2 page flyers for 150.00

makbootzy
02-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Thank you. Yeah after I posted this I seen the banner for Adeas and they do have good prices. My local place was about 3 times as much thats why I was going to do it.

makbootzy
03-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Here is my proof from adeas
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/184283_1915616772405_1301542769_2653866_3571871_n.jpg

UpNorth
03-12-2011, 01:05 AM
I don't want to sound mean, but it's terrible. To be honest, I actually like yours better. It looks so low budget. I guess I see now why they offer a free design. You get what you pay for. Have Bob at plan-it graphics do the design and have adeas print it.

Also, is their advertisement always on the bottom like that? Or does that get removed? If not how much discount do you get for advertising for them?

And the Iphone app barcode... does that give info for your company or adeas? And lets be honest, how many people have that app of the people youre distributing them to. I would have that taken off.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, it's certainly not against you. If nothing else it a compliment, since you did a better layout than them. I would send them a picture of the hanger you designed and have them enhance that a bit.

makbootzy
03-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I don't want to sound mean, but it's terrible. To be honest, I actually like yours better. It looks so low budget. I guess I see now why they offer a free design. You get what you pay for. Have Bob at plan-it graphics do the design and have adeas print it.

Also, is their advertisement always on the bottom like that? Or does that get removed? If not how much discount do you get for advertising for them?

And the Iphone app barcode... does that give info for your company or adeas? And lets be honest, how many people have that app of the people youre distributing them to. I would have that taken off.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, it's certainly not against you. If nothing else it a compliment, since you did a better layout than them. I would send them a picture of the hanger you designed and have them enhance that a bit.

Thank you for your input. The stick-it stays im guessing since its new, they want to promote it but since it gives intructions to save and stick to refrigerator im kind of ok with it. The barcode if you scan it, it will pop up with my contact info and website and option to add to contacts or view site. I wanted to try it out as they are being used more. Like now you can scan your prescription and walgreens orders a refill. The app is free on android.

jada86
03-23-2011, 08:19 AM
Yes, Plan-It Graphics is the way to go. Bob's designs are very creative and stand out and pricing very reasonable!

n3landscaping
03-23-2011, 12:53 PM
try unboundpixel.com there designs are awesome!!

JayD
03-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Yes, Plan-It Graphics is the way to go. Bob's designs are very creative and stand out and pricing very reasonable!

I second this!

Bob does great work and knows what works for us lawn guys as he is one him self.......My door hangers were far better quality then all the samples I got from others. I had a couple new customers tell me that that is why they went with me because of my card looking so professional. No joke!

Bob has done my logo, business cards and door hangers...I love them..

Your second sample, the letters are way to small...

JFGauvreau
03-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Ya plant-it-graphics are pretty nice but expansive. If you have photoshop skills, its not so hard to make a good looking post cards or fliers, the difference with my graphics compared to pro is: I use a 150$ printer, they use a 10,000$ printer lol