PDA

View Full Version : walk behind

mgoldman
02-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey all, i,m fairly new to the game and i'm interested in a good entry level walk behind 36 in. Price is an option. I've looked at Quick 36 online and i've seen comparably priced ferris 32 in and way cheap red hawks. ne suggestions would be appreciated.

cvcook
02-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I would recommend one with a floating deck and a local dealer with GOOD customer service. that is more than worth the saved by purchasing a cheaper mower!

brucec
03-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Quick 44 is what I started with. Can't go wrong with one. Some people will talk them down but I have been very happy with mine.

Landscraper1
03-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Hey all, i,m fairly new to the game and i'm interested in a good entry level walk behind 36 in. Price is an option. I've looked at Quick 36 online and i've seen comparably priced ferris 32 in and way cheap red hawks. ne suggestions would be appreciated.

I really haven't looked at the models you are talking about but, when it comes to walkbehinds it's not complicated. 1st, make sure it's a good engine. Get either a Kawisaki or Honda, on this don't go cheaper, you will regret it. 2nd, Pay close attention to the frame and deck, make sure it is well built. The rest of the machine is pretty much standard on most WB.
I purchase many Hustlers and Wrights. All of my WB have been Encores, which are fairly inexpense and have always been great. I don't see a need for anything too costly for a WB.
By the way, a floating deck for a 36" is over the top, don't bother.:confused:

Good Luck

ed2hess
03-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Snapper Pro 36" with dual hydro floating deck with crank settings. And it has a good brake and spindles are greasable from the top. Pretty good mower.

Richard Martin
03-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Of the mowers that you mentioned I would avoid the Chinese Red Hawk. The Quick and the Ferris are comparable mowers and aren't bad for a startup operation.

dishboy
03-02-2011, 08:06 AM
If you want to mulch I would pass on the quik and get the ferris.

mgoldman
03-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the input people, i put in a order for a quick 36 as the price seems good and i've seen some good things about them now.