PDA

View Full Version : How angry would you be if your new Kubota

jonathanone
02-28-2011, 03:29 PM
turned out to be one of the zt's near the road at this dealers lot? and at least a foot of snow had melted BEFORE these were taken.

Selling these as 'new' should be a criminal offense, Kubota allowing these 'storage' practices is shameful..

Thanks to my friends for posting these on their smugmug site-in the Kubota gallery- and they tell me everyone with an interest in rv'ing is welcome to look at what has to be the worst made motorhome ever..

http://www.betsy-tom.smugmug.com/

Scagmower48
02-28-2011, 03:46 PM
New car dealers sell new cars after the snow falls on them. Those are Kubotas, they will handle a little snow

lawnangel1
02-28-2011, 03:55 PM
If dealers kept all of there equipment inside you would have to pay double for your equipment. Do you have any idea how much commercial real estate is?

djagusch
02-28-2011, 03:59 PM
The dealer around here is the same way. Do you have a clue how much it would cost to store that under a roof? A lot. They get rained on, snow won't hurt them.
Posted via Mobile Device

lotsagrass
02-28-2011, 04:03 PM
I hate to see that, but it's pretty much a common practice and most dealers don't have a place to store them indoors over winter. Most try to cram as much as they can inside, but there's still a lot outside in the weather. Best you can hope for is to buy one that hasn't sat out too long.

4 seasons lawn&land
02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
lol, looks like winter

93Chevy
02-28-2011, 04:11 PM
I'd never buy a Zero Turn if it was stored outside.

Big equipment, sure, I understand, it's supposed to be outside. But mowers...no...they're to be kept inside...

I'd go to a different dealer for sure.

TNGrassCutter
02-28-2011, 04:30 PM
It's a Kubota don't be scared. And they have hoods over the motors unlike many other brands...

borwicks
02-28-2011, 04:44 PM
really..........Let me see you ever going to wash your equipment? you ever going to be mowing and caught in the rain? you ever going to mow wet grass? Its commercial equipment if it cant stand a little rain and snow for a few months on the dealers lot who wants to buy it.

93Chevy
02-28-2011, 04:51 PM
really..........Let me see you ever going to wash your equipment? you ever going to be mowing and caught in the rain? you ever going to mow wet grass? Its commercial equipment if it cant stand a little rain and snow for a few months on the dealers lot who wants to buy it.

It's one thing for a machine to see water but to be stored outside is something different especially a brand new unit. I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy a machine with rusty screws holding the seat on.

flatlander42
02-28-2011, 04:53 PM
check out badboys FB page....they have a entire shipment sitting in the snow posted in their pics.

GMLC
02-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Its common practice for dealers from cars to mowers to leave thier stock outside. But personally I wouldn't buy any of the ones near the road and salt.

TNGrassCutter
02-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Both kubota dealers here leave everything outside. Then again we never get more than maybe 4 or 5 inches of snow at a time. And driving down the road a few miles at 55 mph in a good rain would soak one better than a snow.
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
02-28-2011, 05:17 PM
This Kubota has no problem with snow. The snow blower replaces the mower deck.

bmac1996acc
02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
check out badboys FB page....they have a entire shipment sitting in the snow posted in their pics.

The Kubotas will be fine... The Badboys not so much. I just compared these two on a Bad Boy post.

Badboy was all rusty... Kubota looked new

MOturkey
02-28-2011, 06:00 PM
My dealer keeps everything inside in the winter, but when the season draws near, he lines new machines up outside each day to be seen from the highway, and, if it rains or snows, they don't run outside and drive them in. I too keep my equipment in the dry overnight, but a lot of guys don't, so I sure wouldn't be afraid to buy something just because a little snow and rain got on it.

Clark Griswold
02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Yea, what do you guys with open trailers do?

"How angry would you be if your new Kubota........"

Oh I would be soooooo pissed off, I wouldn't buy one!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonathanone
02-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Guys do you have any idea of what the inside of the engine has to be like, the blades, spindles, puddles of ice/water that have been sitting on, in, over every flat or indented area of the entire machine, ignition key opening, seat mechanism, fasteners that are not very weather resistant, the inside of the fuel tank.

I take it that everyone who does not see anything wrong with this keeps their equipment outdoors all the time?

Its one thing for a machine that is getting run to get wet or even soaking wet, these are simply -soaking- .

But I am certain that this dealer lets everyone know just how they have been stored...

Always special order or at the very least always check the date the dealer received the equipment.

Lurch01
02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
What am I missing? Do you just like to complain? It is snow. It is not inside of the engine? If a piece of equipment like that was hurt by some snow. They would not be in business.

turned out to be one of the zt's near the road at this dealers lot? and at least a foot of snow had melted BEFORE these were taken.

Selling these as 'new' should be a criminal offense, Kubota allowing these 'storage' practices is shameful..

Thanks to my friends for posting these on their smugmug site-in the Kubota gallery- and they tell me everyone with an interest in rv'ing is welcome to look at what has to be the worst made motorhome ever..

JB1
02-28-2011, 09:39 PM
some of you wear to tight of panties.

FastMan
02-28-2011, 09:41 PM
I have no problem with a dealer storing equipment outdoors for months on end. As this thread demonstrates, there are plenty of guys who will buy it anyway, so I don't have to. I make sure mine always comes in fresh. Until it happens, my money stays in my pocket.

My mowers might feel the odd bit of H2O from the rare afternoon shower (and I always apologize to them), but they're dried out quickly, and they NEVER, NEVER, NEVER sleep under the stars.

My New Holland 4X4 farm tractor got babied the same way.

Deere Pilot
02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
JB1, I agree. If somone has that big of a problem with equipment thats 90% of the time stored outside on most dealers lots all over the country anyway. Then they probably wouldnt understand the specs that go into commercial ZTR's in the first place. I know LCO's who mistreat their equipment far worst than what these pictures say for the dealer.

MOHUSTLER
03-01-2011, 09:09 AM
We store both inside and out. At this time of year we are over full on mowers and we have no choice but to store them outside. 99% of the time there is never any customer complaints. But for that one guy who does complain we can put a brand new one out of the crate togather for him. ( which is also stored outside) its just in a crate.

davidcalhoun
03-01-2011, 09:34 AM
You can't please everyone.

It's a balance for dealers too. It's expensive to house everything inside. Not only the cost of the additional buildings, but also the cost of the additional property taxes, insurance, maintenance, and utilities they will incur each year.
and if they don't have the equipment on hand when you want it, you will go elsewhere.

jonathanone
03-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Deere Pilot, understanding the specs of equipment has nothing to do with it all one has to have a grasp of is the phenomenon of -condensation-.

Fastman guess it all comes down to how hard you work for your money , I am certain that if any of the posters who say its no big deal were buying a piece of equipment and the dealer mentioned that they could have one which had just been received and assembled or one from the 'front' row in my pictures, they ALL would choose one of the snow queens......

Lawnut101
03-01-2011, 03:02 PM

What model is that? I have a GF1800.

GMLC
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
What model is that? I have a GF1800.

Its not mine but I thinks its a F2000. I found this picture online and I did run one back in the mid 90's. It was a cool machine.

michics
03-01-2011, 09:21 PM

How does this Kubota work in the snow ?

Bumpmaster
03-01-2011, 09:30 PM

How about that Kubota. Got a buddy that is thinking of acquiring a Kubota with a 23 horse diesel engine. 4x4 tractor. Dealer told him at 10,000 feet the unit was inadequate to remove or push snow at that altitude from any property.

kilgoja
03-01-2011, 10:23 PM
it's like that here...they keep everything outside...mowers, tractors, etc.....i think it's dumb though...i mean it's not gonna do any major damage but it's kinda dumb to spend $10k or more on something that has rust on it lol...the other dealers around here pull them inside each night like john deere, hustler, exmark, toro, etc.

rcslawncare
03-02-2011, 01:43 AM
My Toro dealer had there models outside, but usually had an awning and the tucked them under there for winter, but I like my Deere dealer having everything in a headed storage unit. Just for piece of mind, but these should be able to take a winter of snow...

docshank
03-02-2011, 03:45 AM
My diesel Grasshopper has sat on the trailer out in the weather since it was bought new. I bought it in the spring of 1999. It still runs and operates like it did when it was new (close to 3,000 hrs on it). Sure the paint has faded a little, but not much. No, it isn't the ideal situation for machinery to sit out in the weather. It does however give you an idea of how tough good commercial machinery actually is. I don't think that a little snow is going to hurt your Kubota. Kubota's are top of the line machinery. JMHO

docshank

fireman9
03-02-2011, 06:36 AM
Still waiting on my new Kubota, my dealer hasn't been able to get to them. My new machine is buried somewhere in a 8 foot deep snow bank. They had no where else to put snow this year and a new employee buried several machines by accident. It's still crated and eventually it will see the light of day once things thaw out some more. I'm not worried about it. Would I prefer it be storied inside? Yes, but face the facts, $hit happens and I'll be damned if I let a little snow bother me. How is it any different then driving in the rain with an open trailer? At least the snow is clean and there is no spray of water getting everywhere like driving will do. Come to think of it, How do you clean your equipment? ME, I use a power washer..... nothing escapes the high pressure spray, then a quick lube of all the fittings, wipe the seat and back in the enclosed trailer to dry off.

jonathanone
03-02-2011, 06:59 AM
fireman, you are going to spend the long dollar for a machine which has been encapsulated in '8 ft of snow' for a few months, assembled or not I would be running away from it ?

NO ONE accidently buries a new machine under snow what the dealer is really doing fireman is giving you the finger. The bottom line is that the dealer could not be bothered to go and pull your machine; your getting screwed and you are loving it.

If it is Kahn don't they have an awful lot of room-inside?

I looked at a new Hustler yesterday, inside a showroom, priced at roughly 22% off list, not a bad deal until the seat was lifted up and you could see rust on the set mechanism, on the deck components and on the fram itself. For about a g note more I can get a brand new edition without the dealer installed rust, no decision to be made for ME.

fireman9
03-02-2011, 07:36 AM
It is Kahn and yes they do have room inside, however the z-turns never made it in, And Yes I am "Loving it". The price they gave me couldn't be beat. I shopped everywhere from upstate New York to southern Maine for a machine and Kahn's beat the prices by a mile. Snow, Ice, Water isn't going to scare me away, IT'S a Kubota, powered coated, painted, slimed with whats similar to cosmoline and rapped in plastic while in the crate. If I need to wait a week or two it's not gonna bother me any. Once home it will be sitting outside in the weather anyhow, parked in my lovely mud-hole that once was a driveway untill the ground dries out enough to park it in my shed.

fireman9
03-02-2011, 08:02 AM
P.S. Good luck with the RV.. Nice pics.

GMLC
03-02-2011, 08:22 AM

The F2000 I ran was awesome in the snow. The snow blower would throw at least 30 feet and the 4wd worked great. It mowed really nice too.

davidcalhoun
03-02-2011, 10:21 AM
I can appreciate having equipment that looks nice. However, last time I checked, the mowers we are talking about are depreciable assets. Sure, I know that a pretty mower can give some guys comfort. But it is way more important that a mower be able to do the job (mow and make money) than to look pretty sitting still.

As a smart business owner, I am not going to pay a grand more for a brand new mower of the same model and year.

borwicks
03-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Guys do you have any idea of what the inside of the engine has to be like, the blades, spindles, puddles of ice/water that have been sitting on, in, over every flat or indented area of the entire machine, ignition key opening, seat mechanism, fasteners that are not very weather resistant, the inside of the fuel tank.

I take it that everyone who does not see anything wrong with this keeps their equipment outdoors all the time?

Its one thing for a machine that is getting run to get wet or even soaking wet, these are simply -soaking- .

But I am certain that this dealer lets everyone know just how they have been stored...

Always special order or at the very least always check the date the dealer received the equipment.

WOW. Couldnt disagree more with this. Ive been doing maintenance on commercial and industrial equipment since i was 12 years old and I can assure anyone on here that things you are talking about just done happen. Spindle bearings should have some type of lip seal for them. And all mower decks have covers on them.

I would worry more about equipment sitting inside a damp garage with no airflow than anything else.

hackitdown
03-02-2011, 06:00 PM
My Kubota tractor has never been indoors.

jonathanone
03-03-2011, 07:45 AM
borwicks, lets take the mower that fireman is buying, under or in 8' of snow; your position is that this is somehow mechanically beneficial ?

Perhaps you will answer the question: you are buying from the dealer (fireman not my rv, thankfully) pictured- you have a choice of a zt which was recieved and assembled within the last few days and put inside the showroom or one from the snowfield, same price, which one do you choose?

And most importantly, tell us why?

At the very least this thread shows why you should never, ever buy equipment from a 'pro' user.....

jonathanone
03-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Do those of you who see no problem with abusing mowers this way realize that this 'storage' practice violates Kubota's guidelines?

JB1
03-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Do those of you who see no problem with abusing mowers this way realize that this 'storage' practice violates Kubota's guidelines?

that could be your new crusade, contact Kubota and tell them.

borwicks
03-03-2011, 09:14 AM
borwicks, lets take the mower that fireman is buying, under or in 8' of snow; your position is that this is somehow mechanically beneficial ?

Perhaps you will answer the question: you are buying from the dealer (fireman not my rv, thankfully) pictured- you have a choice of a zt which was recieved and assembled within the last few days and put inside the showroom or one from the snowfield, same price, which one do you choose?

And most importantly, tell us why?

At the very least this thread shows why you should never, ever buy equipment from a 'pro' user.....

If I knew a mower sat in a damp garage vs being outdoors, yes I would buy the one outdoors. You appear very young and lack the knowledge that when things sit indoors in a damp environment they will rust faster and and harder. I also have 25 years experience on working on equipment. Things that see far more abuse than a mower sitting outdoors. Like a salt truck, my jeep, industrial pumps ran dry, people dropping metal straps in a 400hp grinder and the list could go on for days. If I were to purchase this mower (I dont buy new mowers but...) I would ask for a discount if they did not give me one I would still buy it if i felt it was the best buy for the intended purpose. So go ahead and question my stupidity I have no problem with it.

davidcalhoun
03-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Johnathanone,

Based on one of your earlier responses, you made it sound like you would be willing to pay a "grand" more for the same mower/same year if it set inside VS being in a crate outside.

"And most importantly, tell us why?"

fireman9
03-03-2011, 11:08 AM
that could be your new crusade, contact Kubota and tell them.

I wish there was a "like" tab for this.:clapping:

If it's frozen in a block of ICE I'd rather have that machine then one that's sat in a damp warehouse with no air movement. I don't know about you but I have to mow in the rain somedays and I'm sure that I'm not gonna dry off the mower when I get home. It's going to sit in the trailer, WET and RUST nicely. Have you ever looked under the deck a day after mowing wet- It's called flash rust and wears off after about 5 mins mowing. As for the rest of the machine, If its been painted properly and hasn't had any deep scraches there should be no rust.

jonathanone
03-03-2011, 03:02 PM
bowicks, I'm 59; and the question to you was which mower would you buy-price being equal- between one that was just recieved and assembled and the one that fireman is so hot to get-once the snow melts that is. But since you don't read but rather read into I think we can leave this where it is now.

david, I would pay a grand more, roughly $9.00/ month more- depending on ones credit rating, for a brand new machine which has not spent months outside, and weeks under many feet of snow.
Bowicks, just to make sure you understand, I am willing to pay more money for a machine that is recently received, recently assembled, recently checked out and then picked up my me as soon as possible. So bowicks what I am saying is that my new mower would spend NO time in a damp warehouse, no time entombed in a snow fort, and no time with snow piled against the machine day and night, night and day, day in and day out.... In fact I would tell the dealer that the mower MUST be kept inside the shop after business hours, kids can sit on it but it cannot be left outside overnight.

kilgoja
03-03-2011, 03:54 PM
lol..this thread is funny...i don't like rust but it's part of this business :(...i bought a brand new trailer and it already had rust spots on it lol...i'm so ocd i had to paint the rust spots myself because i can't stand something brand new having rust on it lol...i know it's not gonna hurt anything having a little rust on there but it annoys the crap out of me rofl...and yeah i'm probably a person that would just go get a mower somewhere else rather than buy a kubota that's been sitting outside for 6 months or longer...i'm sure the mower is fine and rust is gonna happen anyways over the years...i just don't wanna start out with it already rusty when it's brand new lol

GMLC
03-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Those mowers in the snow will be in the showroom as soon as the winter equipment is moved out for spring. They will have them all shined up and you would never even know they were stored outside!
Posted via Mobile Device

davidcalhoun
03-03-2011, 05:05 PM
I think it's obvious that most of us would rather have the "just shipped" mower over the same mower that has "sat outside" in a crate IF THE COST WAS EXACTLY THE SAME.

But to pay an extra "grand" for the "just shipped" mower seems to go against smart business accounting. I mean, come on, do you think after using a mower for 2000 to 3000 hours, your dealer will give you an extra "grand" for it when you trade it in?

Mark Oomkes
03-03-2011, 05:07 PM

The HORRORS!

I think I'd take a pic and post it on LS for everyone in the world to see.......wait a minute, that idea has already been taken. :rolleyes:

Dang

LMAO ain't that the truth.

Can't believe I read this whole thread.

John deer Z
03-03-2011, 05:18 PM
i can under stand not wanting to buy a machine that has been sitting outside for a extended period. Bad enough to pay 10,000 dollars for any mower much less one that has been sitting out rusting over the winter.Some of you guy are going to tell me that you would pay that for a mower that has been sitting out and has rusty bolts and a seat that has had a whole winter weather on it same as you would one right out of the box? I don't think so!!!:nono:

Lurch01
03-03-2011, 05:34 PM

How did you know I wear tight pink panties. I would take them off but I don't have a stick. LOL

Clark Griswold
03-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Can't believe I read this whole thread.

Oh I do, cuz it's funny as hell with all the back & forth, it's worse than a bunch old ladies at an afternoon bridge game tea, like a Bobby Gedd thread or something! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

kilgoja
03-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Clark...when are you gonna be in Christmas Vacation 2 ?

Mark Oomkes
03-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Oh I do, cuz it's funny as hell with all the back & forth, it's worse than a bunch old ladies at an afternoon bridge game tea, like a Bobby Gedd thread or something! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It does have that sort of a feel to it, doesn't it?

Jason Rose
03-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Well I think a dealer leaving new mowers out in the weather that are for sale is idiodic as well. And if I take one of my machines to the dealer for service, where it has to be there for several days, it sure as HELL not be stored outside unless there's NO rain in the forecast. Not a big worry here because all of the dealers I know around here stores new, in-service, and most used equipment INDOORS.

I went to look at an Exmark about 5 or 6 years back, "dealer" had a row of them sitting along the ourside of his shop. They had been outdoors since new and had been sitting there all winter. I know, I would drive by his place every day on my way to my winter job. I asked about prices and this moron thought that those that had been stored outdoors were still worth the Exmark MSRP! I laughed, told him there's no way I'd pay that for an abused machine, wouldn't pay MSRP on a new one that just came out of the crate either, not when I can go 45 minutes away and buy the same thing for $1,000 to $1,500 less. The guy was out of business later that year if I recall.

I really can't believe anyone would be willing to pay full price for a mower that's been sitting outside for months. Say what you want, but mowers like that weren't built to live outside 365 days a year. Just because YOU don't give a chit about your equipment and leave it sitting on your trailer parked in front of your house all the time, doesn't mean that most other people want it that way! I don't care if you have been a mechanic for 90 years, it doesn't change anything. Rust is rust, and faded paint is faded paint, decals start to peel off as well.

flatlander42
03-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Don't forget the damage to the seat!

fireman9
03-04-2011, 12:27 PM
I really can't believe anyone would be willing to pay full price for a mower that's been sitting outside for months. Say what you want, but mowers like that weren't built to live outside 365 days a year. Just because YOU don't give a chit about your equipment and leave it sitting on your trailer parked in front of your house all the time, doesn't mean that most other people want it that way! I don't care if you have been a mechanic for 90 years, it doesn't change anything. Rust is rust, and faded paint is faded paint, decals start to peel off as well.

I never said I was a Mechanic for years and years, never was a big fan of faded paint or peeling decals and yes sometimes my stuff sits outside for the world to see, BUT I did say that I got the BEST price around from my local dealer, who has been in business likely before I could walk or talk. I saved BIG $$$ and compared dealers from as far away as Maine on the same machine. So if I have to deal with what I consider a small issue, a new created machine buried in snow for the last two months, and saving a $hit load of money on it, SO BE IT!

Jason Rose
03-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Now if the ones that have been living outdoors for months are discounted, that's different! But if a dealer is selling them for full retail, or not offering the option to buy a new one in the crate, then that's where I find the problem...
Posted via Mobile Device

rwaters
03-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Well I think a dealer leaving new mowers out in the weather that are for sale is idiodic as well. And if I take one of my machines to the dealer for service, where it has to be there for several days, it sure as HELL not be stored outside unless there's NO rain in the forecast. Not a big worry here because all of the dealers I know around here stores new, in-service, and most used equipment INDOORS.

As a dealer I agree with you but you would not believe the amount times I get customers that complain that my mowers are in an inside showroom. I do park my demo unit outside on nice days but all new units are inside. So it goes both ways. Personally I think it is my customers rite to put the mower out in the rain the first time.

Jason Rose
03-04-2011, 12:41 PM
As a dealer I agree with you but you would not believe the amount times I get customers that complain that my mowers are in an inside showroom. I do park my demo unit outside on nice days but all new units are inside. So it goes both ways. Personally I think it is my customers rite to put the mower out in the rain the first time.

Exactly! To the last part... I guess I understand about the show room too, I guess they want to be able to hop on any of them and take a spin around the parking lot? If you have demo units in various sizes and brands I don't see why they wouldn't be satisfied with that tho...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mark Oomkes
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Bad enough to pay 10,000 dollars for any mower

Really?

What will that mower make you over the life of it? $50K? $100K?

Why is it a bad thing to invest in a piece of equipment that will earn its cost back and make you a profit?

jonathanone
03-04-2011, 03:09 PM
rwaters, At last a dealer who agrees that any machine should be delivered in the condition received, classy; very, very classy. If I lived near you we would certainly be doing business.

fireman9
03-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Spit, polish and elbow grease goes a long way.

jonathanone
03-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Except for the damage that cannot be taken care of on nuts, bolts, pulleys, mufflers, adjusting rods, seat mechanisms, deck areas with paint voids, engine blocks, and mechanical internals that have rusted because of dealer abuse.

What this dealer does is value both the product and his customer, selling new equipment that has been cared for as if he was going to pass it on to a family member or friend and that folks is how it should be. See fireman its a sign of integrity, it would alot easier for him to do what 99% of every other dealer does, just leave it outside for the rodents and elements.

Like I said, pure class.

fireman9
03-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Except for the damage that cannot be taken care of on nuts, bolts, pulleys, mufflers, adjusting rods, seat mechanisms, deck areas with paint voids, engine blocks, and mechanical internals that have rusted because of dealer abuse.

What this dealer does is value both the product and his customer, selling new equipment that has been cared for as if he was going to pass it on to a family member or friend and that folks is how it should be. See fireman its a sign of integrity, it would alot easier for him to do what 99% of every other dealer does, just leave it outside for the rodents and elements.

Like I said, pure class.

Well I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. On a quite night I can hear me Fords rusting, and there parked inside.

As far as rusted, damaged pulleys, muffler, seat, deck, bearing, etc , etc... If it doesn't break, bend, fail, rot away, etc, before the warrentee period ends, I'd doubt it would make any difference. This is a machine that will be mowing in excess of 40 hours a week for the entire summer. Most components on lesser machines will fail just due to the fact there run that hard.