PDA

View Full Version : Usm walmart landscape

familylawncare
02-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Has anyone been notified of USM/WalMart Landscape bid awards for this season?
Original paperwork I had submitted said "winners" would be announced on or about February 23.
I ass-u-me, since no word from USM, that our bid was not successful.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Who is this magical 'USM' of OZ anyway?
Not someone I believe I will be dealing with, they seem like the secret service.

jplawnmaint
02-28-2011, 07:53 PM
USM is not a company any one should work for! They need to be run out.
Posted via Mobile Device

DLCS
02-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Go over to Plowsite and read the countless threads about them. How they owe money to companies that completed the work but will not pay their bills. We are talking thousands of dollars. Last i heard Wal Mart will not be doing business with them next year for snow removal. USM asks for bids, before they get the entire chain of stores, this way they can up your price and make 60% off of your work. Why would you want to work for USM? better yet take the contract to your lawyer and have them read it. i gurantee any lawyer worth his salt, will laugh.

familylawncare
02-28-2011, 08:54 PM
We have worked for both USM and Brickman in our area. Although Brickman does seem to pay faster, and we did have some initial problems with USM on "paperwork", after that was resolved they seem to pay fair rates and are now paying on schedule.
As with anything I guess it all depends on your personal experience. Many on here may comment without any facts. While I do not deny we were frustrated until we became accustom to procedures, and started getting regular payments......management companies are here to stay. Live with 'em or live without 'em. Certainly your choice.

lbmd1
02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Follow DLCS's advice and go to plowsite and read about them. If you have any sense, you'll run.

PLS-Tx
03-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Why would anyone even think about working for them.

Level 1 Maintenance is another I would stay away from. They still owe us.

jplawnmaint
03-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Why would anyone even think about working for them.

Level 1 Maintenance is another I would stay away from. They still owe us.

We worked for Level 1 last year. I agree, they suck. The are very unprofessional, and they don't pay on time. We did get all our money, but we had to threaten them with seizing there bank account. Works every time.
Posted via Mobile Device

jplawnmaint
03-01-2011, 08:58 AM
A buddy of mine plowed a Target for them 2 years ago and they still owe him 6K. He showed up at the SIMA convention and USM reps where there. He was told that the reps would not be talking to any one about money that is owed to contractors. They where there to get new recruits/suckers to work for them. Take every ones advise and stay away from them.

One more thing. You won't find much about them on plowsite. For some reason the post keep getting deleted. Which I'm sure will happen to this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

ALC-GregH
03-01-2011, 09:40 AM
One more thing. You won't find much about them on plowsite. For some reason the post keep getting deleted. Which I'm sure will happen to this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's because they pay good money to be on the sites. Someone flames them and the post gets deleted. I'm sure they (usm) cry like little girls whenever a post is made flaming them.

mchappy
03-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I got BURNED from them!! STAY AWAY..

HicksGroundMgt
03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
our last expeirence with them wasn't good either. you have to email or fax a question to them after they send you a bid pack with four days to bid on 30 stores. when you do get answer its usually so vague you should've just guesstamatied it anyhow. They want you to work within margins that are so thin it would make an ethiopian blush. their seasonal suggested pricing is entirely unreasonable.