PDA

View Full Version : More efficient Leaf cleanup?

robert payer
09-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Had an idea to improve fall cleanup of leaves. Build a platform of some type that sits above the deck of a walkbehind mower and supports a second Grass Gobbler and extention besides the one that is already mounted on the discharge. This way when one is full a second is on hand. and you can switch there positions. When the second is full you can drive the mower out to the curb and dump for the city pickup. If any one has built any thing like what has been mentioned can you post a picture. I am anxious to see double blades perform on leaves also. Thank you.

mdb landscaping
09-14-2002, 07:07 PM
why not just buy the grass gobbler extension piece so you can hold twice the amount of leaves? that would be a cheaper solution i think.

TurfGuyTX
09-14-2002, 08:52 PM
I enfy you guys that can just dump them in the street. But I guess every place has its advantages. Good luck.

thfireman
09-14-2002, 09:08 PM
Yea, in charlotte you have to bag them or haul em off. I haul, it is faster.:(

TurfGuyTX
09-14-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm hoping to get a bagging system for a 61" TT. Hopefully it will make less work out of the leaves. Charlotte probably looks alot better in the Fall than Texas. (colors)

AielLandscaping
09-14-2002, 10:45 PM
instead of two grass gobblers rigged up, just buy a leaf gobbler. shouldn't be used for grass clippings but it's supposed to be lighter.

Shady Brook
09-14-2002, 10:53 PM
I am thinking mulch them to oblivian, and whatever is still visible bag up. Most times after a double cut with double blades, or a mulch kit there is not much left.

Jay

thfireman
09-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Shady Brook, That is exactly what I am doing this year. Im telling them up front that I am mulching not bagging. If they still want them bagged it is going to cost. I dont have all that fancy truck vac stuff so it is a lot of long dusty hard work to finish up a lawn. I am changing my ways....For my own benifit. Who knows they might like to save a few bucks when they find out they cant even see the mulched up leaves.:)

Now I will probably get hammered by someone saying that I am lazy or sorry.....Yep!:D

Shady Brook
09-15-2002, 09:19 AM
Fireman

I am with ya, if it looks good why should anyone care. I can not justify all the high dollar leaf removal equipment myself. It is hard enough to make a good profit with all the competition, and have enough to get you through the winter let alone spending more on stuff that does not really help the lawn. I have alot of areas where there is curb side pickup, but for the others, I don't plan on taking much. I know some guys have more leaves then I contend with, and they know what they need, but at least in my area my system should work pretty well.

Jay