PDA

View Full Version : Disney World

williams lcm
02-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Someone on here was talking about how well Disney keeps their landscape up. I want to know who does all the lawn fert on the property. What lawn company? The grass always looks perfect. Not a weed in sight. I would also like to know how to trim shrubs into different shapes(Mikey mouse ect)

fl-landscapes
02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Someone on here was talking about how well Disney keeps their landscape up. I want to know who does all the lawn fert on the property. What lawn company? The grass always looks perfect. Not a weed in sight. I would also like to know how to trim shrubs into different shapes(Mikey mouse ect)

All in house. It takes a knack at trimming topiaries. Some are started by making a metal frame and growing a shrub around it, some stand on their own and edward scissor hands shapes them. There are members here who have worked there and can likely give you better insight than I can.

Ric
02-28-2011, 06:35 PM

William

I am not sure what posts you have been reading, But I have seen more posts complaining how Disney is no longer doing good landscape work.

JB1
02-28-2011, 08:44 PM
saw several Valley Crest trucks around there in October.

abrightday
03-01-2011, 08:46 AM
As a former member of Disney Pest Management,, I know they are beginning to outsource more and more, many of those I still know who work there are worried about their jobs. Valley Crest has been getting a lot of the work. The days of Disney employees doing more then required because they love working there so much are gone,,so are a lot of the former perks that came with the job.:cry:
www.YourLandscapePro.com

bugsNbows
03-01-2011, 09:14 AM
As a former member of Disney Pest Management,, I know they are beginning to outsource more and more, many of those I still know who work there are worried about their jobs. Valley Crest has been getting a lot of the work. The days of Disney employees doing more then required because they love working there so much are gone,,so are a lot of the former perks that came with the job.:cry:
www.YourLandscapePro.com

Hi Walter, how they hangin'?

abrightday
03-01-2011, 10:12 AM
A little to the left but leaning to the right! You know my name who is you???

bugsNbows
03-01-2011, 04:32 PM
A little to the left but leaning to the right! You know my name who is you???

LOL, a bit of dain bramage? I was your Supervisor at Dismal for awhile. Hell, I may have even hired you...don't remember for sure... old timers disease. No, I'm not Steve Baldyga either.

abrightday
03-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Ric Gleason?

Ric
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Ric Gleason?

bugsNbows

I Bet you work with Greg A.

williams lcm
03-01-2011, 08:39 PM
I thought I have seen Villa and son around the area. I might be wrong. I went to Disney last year and the lawns looked amazing.

Landscape Poet
03-01-2011, 09:21 PM
I thought I have seen Villa and son around the area. I might be wrong. I went to Disney last year and the lawns looked amazing.

Not sure about Disney, but has anyone in the Orlando Market noticed that you are not seeing Villa and Son as much so far this year? Seems like they were all around and then just vanished. Not sure if this could do with the Vally Crest and Nanak merge or what, but I am personally not seeing them as much.

bugsNbows
03-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Ric Gleason?

BINGO. We have a winner!

fl-landscapes
03-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Not sure about Disney, but has anyone in the Orlando Market noticed that you are not seeing Villa and Son as much so far this year? Seems like they were all around and then just vanished. Not sure if this could do with the Vally Crest and Nanak merge or what, but I am personally not seeing them as much.

Villa and sons are all over this year and last more than ever.

abrightday
03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
BINGO. We have a winner!

Hey,, this is great,,good to hear from you Rick, You were one of the best managers there, you and Steve, before the hostile take over of resorts pest management by parks pest management,,but we won't even get into that here. Glad to hear your doing well. You'll be able to help many with your experience here on lawnsite.:waving:
www.YourLandscapePro.com

bigviclbi
03-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Was just there this week place looks great. Did notice they spray painted the grass green at the entrance of magic kingdom around the flower mickey mouse sign. Not sure about the planting times but looked like a lot of fresh annuals had just been planted and alot of trees were blooming. The azaleas should probably pop in a week, they were just turning. I've never seen so many azaleas planted so close together to form large manicured mass plantings. Up north we kind of let them go a little more natural.

williams lcm
03-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Villa and Son use to take care of the roadways around here. No more. Now USA Services does it. Have not seen Villa and Son like I did last year. You cant miss the blue and yellow. I cant remember what equipment Villa and Son used. John Deere has a posting that they switched over to Deere zero turns. Not sure about this.

Landscape Poet
03-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Villa and Son use to take care of the roadways around here. No more. Now USA Services does it. Have not seen Villa and Son like I did last year. You cant miss the blue and yellow. I cant remember what equipment Villa and Son used. John Deere has a posting that they switched over to Deere zero turns. Not sure about this.

Wait until the VC and Nanak merge finishes....it will be a sea of red.

Landscape Poet
03-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Was just there this week place looks great. Did notice they spray painted the grass green at the entrance of magic kingdom around the flower mickey mouse sign. Not sure about the planting times but looked like a lot of fresh annuals had just been planted and alot of trees were blooming. The azaleas should probably pop in a week, they were just turning. I've never seen so many azaleas planted so close together to form large manicured mass plantings. Up north we kind of let them go a little more natural.

Not sure that it is painted, but it is juiced to the max from what I can tell, the front areas are mowed with a 21 inch from what I could tell by the track marks.

azaleas are used in more formal form down here it seems than up north. You are correct on that.

bugsNbows
03-03-2011, 09:04 AM

The grass surely may have been painted. We used to do that regularly...especially before photo shoots. We'd paint the grass green (with a latex turf paint) and paint the mulch brown. It was so "pretty"... just the typical Dismal fakery.