PDA

View Full Version : You guys will have a day day with this picture!!

grassman177
03-01-2011, 01:46 AM
i just knew this would interest a bunch of you fellas.

the official mower brand of SEAWORLD IS...........................................

grassman177
03-01-2011, 01:48 AM
although i think the brand looks a tiny bit hokey, it is a quality built machine no matter the cost as long as the deck performs well

kilgoja
03-01-2011, 01:50 AM
maybe it's just me but to me a brand hardly means anything anymore since they all use the same engines, trannys, pumps and such...only differences are deck designs i guess and other minor things but a spoiler on the back of a mower is just cheesy lol...it's like it screams redneck mowing company haha...all it needs is some flames rofl

mowerbrad
03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
I didn't know SEAWORLD had much grass to mow...

SDelPrete
03-01-2011, 10:15 AM

Maybe they work underwater and cut seaweed :hammerhead::laugh:

Patriot Services
03-01-2011, 10:20 AM

Never heard of seaweed? Actually they have a few open picnic areas of grass. But like Disney they have a ton of tropical ornamentals and annuals to maintain.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOHUSTLER
03-01-2011, 10:22 AM
My lord, when will they give it a rest. :hammerhead: You dont have to be the official mower of everything. I bet badboy got a few free one day passes out of that one:laugh:

davidcalhoun
03-01-2011, 10:44 AM
It looks like they got a great deal of exposure to me. I am not sure how many people go through the gates at their three locations, but I am sure it is well worth the minimal cost to Bad Boy.

Heck, they even got exposure here.

StoneFaced
03-01-2011, 10:46 AM
maybe it's just me but to me a brand hardly means anything anymore since they all use the same engines, trannys, pumps and such...only differences are deck designs i guess and other minor things but a spoiler on the back of a mower is just cheesy lol...it's like it screams redneck mowing company haha...all it needs is some flames rofl

I think you hit the nail on the head, but I doubt they had to spend too much on their market study, when they were considering to whom they were selling. Last year one of my clients mowing service guys pulled up w/ bull balls hanging from the trucks receiver. I'm sure w/ the market the way it is, flames probably aren't too far off. Strobes, ground effects and night lighting kits wouldn't surprise me either. At the rates most are charging, more commercials will be done at night to help compensate for the short falls.

Patriot Services
03-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head, but I doubt they had to spend too much on their market study, when they were considering to whom they were selling. Last year one of my clients mowing service guys pulled up w/ bull balls hanging from the trucks receiver. I'm sure w/ the market the way it is, flames probably aren't too far off. Strobes, ground effects and night lighting kits wouldn't surprise me either. At the rates most are charging, more commercials will be done at night to help compensate for the short falls.

Funny you mention the "nutz" hanging. A Tampa councilwoman tried to get them banned last year. Peoples' priorities are just plain screwed up these days.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
03-01-2011, 10:58 AM
i knew you guys would love the pics.

they dont have much grass inside the park, but park grunds there is stuff on the grounds.

it totallyh shocked me as i turned the corner and saw the display

Patriot Services
03-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Are they putting Shamu graphics on the wings?
Posted via Mobile Device

C4chris70
03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
They are the official mower brand of Busch Gardens also.

1993lx172
03-01-2011, 11:07 AM
They are the official mower brand of Busch Gardens also.

Unless I'm mistaken Busch owns Sea World as well.

Patriot Services
03-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Correct.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lawnut101
03-01-2011, 04:29 PM
We just got a Bad Boy dealer by me. I am gonna check them out.

torotorotoro
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM
bad boy mowers are the greatest mowers in the history of mowers they should be the offical mower of the united states of america.

puppypaws
03-01-2011, 04:57 PM
No matter what one thinks, everyone must admit they are winning the advertising war between mower companies hands down. They are somehow attaching themselves to many things that stays in the public's eye. This is only good business sense on their part, and will help them pull a larger share of the market because of the aggressive advertising. In this "dog eat dog" world we live in today, anything that gives you an advantage goes a long way in keeping you profitable.

goodnewsmaint
03-01-2011, 05:27 PM
I bet you could flip that spoiler upside down and alleviate rutting problems :laugh:

Lugnut
03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
They're decent looking mowers except for the spoiler...I've never seen something so out of place

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Ran one on one of my sub accounts last year and it was by far the "unbaddest" mower on the planet. I had guys ASKING for Toro! Ok power but slow, slow, slow...

grassman177
03-01-2011, 06:03 PM
l think the aos series and compact diesel mowers are nice in their class, against a scag or kubota diesel. for alot cheaper.

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
l think the aos series and compact diesel mowers are nice in their class, against a scag or kubota diesel. for alot cheaper.

Always laughed at their "Baddest Mower" campaigns because they sucked. lol...I'd rather have a Grasshopper than a Bad Boy. MY halfway house boys even knew how unbad the bad girl was. That was the punishment for being late to the job...you got the Bad Girl.

torotorotoro
03-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Always laughed at their "Baddest Mower" campaigns because they sucked. lol...I'd rather have a Grasshopper than a Bad Boy. MY halfway house boys even knew how unbad the bad girl was. That was the punishment for being late to the job...you got the Bad Girl.

i did not think an employee would bash a sponsor

HicksGroundMgt
03-01-2011, 07:39 PM
its hard to take serious a company is thought of trying to out do dixie and was painted in the colors of his kid's elementary school. even stole the mascot. pieces of junk each and every one.

RTR Landscaping
03-01-2011, 08:01 PM
All this really means is that Sea World will get Bad Boy mowers to use in exchange for an advertising campaign. A few years ago Snapper Pro was the "official" mower of The Opryland Hotel. They replaced Gravely and were replaced by John Deere. I'm sure they know the amount of exposure they'll get but will it translate in to sales? I'll stick with my Scags.

grassman177
03-01-2011, 08:14 PM
The way it is

StanWilhite
03-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I bet you could flip that spoiler upside down and alleviate rutting problems :laugh:

Yeah, but then the rear wheels would be spinning all of the time (because of very little weight on them) and tearing the grass up!! You'd be leaving two streaks just like a "funny car"....spinning all the way across the yard! :laugh:

You know, I've got a Lightning (60" deck / 26hp LC Kawi) and obviously I think it's the most mower for the money, or I would have bought something else. But, having said that, I think the "wing" tends to make a serious piece of eqp look like a toy for a big kid. With as many people saying the same thing about the wing, I don't know why (if they HAVE to use something) they don't use a version of what they use on the diesels.... or just leave the engine uncovered period.

I know I've heard people say it's for "protection", but what needs protecting on the Outlaw that doesn't need protecting on the Lightning?

The guys that started that business have made so much effort to make smart decisions on the manufacturing of these mowers that I'm really surprised by the "wing thing". :confused:

Anyway.....that's just my opinion.

soloscaperman
03-01-2011, 09:01 PM
The reason why it has the spoiler is because the guys who buy it use it to commute on the roads. If they add ram air and a cold air intake I will buy one.

modedicebox
03-01-2011, 09:11 PM
bad boy mowers are the greatest mowers in the history of mowers they should be the offical mower of the united states of america.

Bing Bing Bing...:laugh:

Illini_Fan
03-02-2011, 01:52 AM
National Sponsor

Dealers at the rail

Dealers above the chutes

The product in front of the crowd, with the spoiler

Kelly

Illini_Fan
03-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Kelly

Dealers above the chutes

Bad Boy Austin Meier

and of course, the mower

Illini_Fan
03-02-2011, 02:13 AM
90 point ride!

#2 ranked PBR rider in the world!

Dealers on the dirt after the event for some pictures.
This one with PBR rider Ryan McConnel

puppypaws
03-02-2011, 09:06 AM
90 point ride!

#2 ranked PBR rider in the world!

Dealers on the dirt after the event for some pictures.
This one with PBR rider Ryan McConnel

This is really strong advertising, and no matter what one may think it is pulling sales from the top mower manufacturers. This is being done because of one reason.....EXPOSURE EXPOSURE EXPOSURE!!!

Landrus2
03-02-2011, 09:23 AM
kelly is hot :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

MOHUSTLER
03-02-2011, 09:37 AM
One of the first rules in business is that attractive women distract from your actuaual product.

More power to them though, I wouldnt kick her outa bed:clapping:

bahamamills
03-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Heeellllllllllloooooooo Kelly.......

Lurch01
03-02-2011, 11:25 AM
I bet Sea world Got that equipment for free. Good Marketing Strategy.

They have made a hard push in marketing. I am sure they will done a good. Their name "Bulldog" as well will get them a captive audience alone.

StanWilhite
03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Heeellllllllllloooooooo Kelly.......

How YOU doin'............? :rolleyes:

Cutter1
03-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Brittany had me buying stuff at the booth in Louisville this year. :rolleyes: She had me buying three riders before I knew what was going on!! lol She must of been the saleswoman who dealt with seaworld too.

Clark Griswold
03-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Can you imagine if they became the official mower of NASCAR, talk about selling to a redneck spoiler crowd, boy oh boy, priceless!

StanWilhite
03-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Can you imagine if they became the official mower of NASCAR, talk about selling to a redneck spoiler crowd, boy oh boy, priceless!

Then next would come the BIG numbers on the side of the fuel tanks! :waving:

GrassesGuy
03-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Nice rack!! Can you say motorboat!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

MOHUSTLER
03-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Id like to know how much it costs to be the official anything of nascar. Im sure sprint pays them 100million plus. If they would just invest that money into thier phone service they might do better:laugh:

grassman177
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM
great rodeo pics, kelly is the best looking thing there and i would ride her all across the lawn all day! ahhaha

i wonder if FL has many bad boy mowers around.

so far, i have seen standers, hustlers and gravely. oh, and a dixie chopper.

kgserv
03-02-2011, 09:09 PM
last i checked hustler mowers have spoilers on the back

Illini_Fan
03-02-2011, 10:07 PM
can you imagine if they became the official mower of nascar, talk about selling to a redneck spoiler crowd, boy oh boy, priceless!

Victory Lane in 2009

Winning at Kansas, 2009

Flames!!!

scagrider22
03-02-2011, 11:34 PM
last i checked hustler mowers have spoilers on the back

No they dont.

Clark Griswold
03-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Victory Lane in 2009

Winning at Kansas, 2009

Flames!!!

NASCAR not NASTRUCK!

Illini_Fan
03-03-2011, 12:48 AM
nascar not nastruck!

2005 at Talladega

In the pits

On the track

2008 at Phoenix

2008 at Vegas

dtc0207
03-03-2011, 09:58 AM
No they dont.

Yes they do on the super z were the oil cooler is and this year the but the words hyper drive on the side of the wing now you talk about stupid redneck MY. MOWER IS HYPER DRIVE
Posted via Mobile Device

MOHUSTLER
03-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Hey if bad boy gives me 1 million dollars I can tell them that they are wasting thier money on that dumb advertising. Mabey they should focus on getting into scag, exmark, hustler, toro's commercial business.

A LCO is not going to buy a bad boy casue he has seen it at the local rodeo.

When a LCO around here hears bad boys name its followed by a snicker:laugh:

grassman177
03-03-2011, 10:18 AM
i dont like the body panels of them, just take away the im a tough guy look and you have a very solid mower in steel, parts used etc. from what i have seen, a pretty decent deck, but not used one yet so the verdict is out on that one for me.

a few image changes , or even two dif body packages as an option or something.

the aos mowers look like serious business though.

davidcalhoun
03-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Scag, Exmark, Hustler, and Toro have all learned that there is money in going after the residential market. A much bigger pie to try and get a piece of.

Just like Scag, Exmark, Hustler, and Toro; Bad Boy seems to have both markets covered.

scagrider22
03-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Yes they do on the super z were the oil cooler is and this year the but the words hyper drive on the side of the wing now you talk about stupid redneck MY. MOWER IS HYPER DRIVE
Posted via Mobile Device

NO! They dont! It is only for function, if you think this looks like a spoiler your an idiot. http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6072357 Either way I would never use a Hustler or a Badgirl mower.

krackerjack9
03-03-2011, 01:45 PM
What ever works in your area if its scag or exmark or bad boy. Some are going to be better in someplaces due to grass or terrain. I was in Iraq for 3yrs. I drove trucks there. The trucks we has were these Mercedes cab over engine types. Well the US guys hated them because they were not these big long nose trucks that you see in the US. Well after a couple firefights where lots of guys got shot up and killed they finally caved in and started shipping over these International trucks that had 4in glass and some pretty serious steel/armor around them... But guess what????:confused:
They spec them to US Standards meaning 80,000lbs with all that armor on them they could only carry about 34,000lbs Instead of using what worked they opted for what look cool and what looked american.

Now the insurgance had a much eaiser target to hit vs a much smaller more faster truck. We had trucks over there from Jordan that would carry 140,000lbs and litterly walk away from the US trucks only carry 90,000lbs the really sad part was these trucks were made from 1968-1970. yep they were ugly and been thru hell and back and most likely well over a million miles on these trucks but they were perfect for the desert/middle east terrain.
The USA waisted hundreds of millions of $$$$$ sending over trucks that could only be driven on table top smooth surfaces and some morron who wanted to look good going down the road instead of living and driving something that had proven its self over and over.:weightlifter::weightlifter:

If Bad Boy wants to invest their $$$ into NASCAR or TRUCK let them, they might pick up 500 or 10,000 mower sales.It seems like all are run by either Kolher, Kawasaki,Briggs Stratton,or Kubota. They all seem to use the same hydralic drive systems. After all they only cut grass:laugh:

yardguy28
03-03-2011, 03:16 PM
that picture right there is just one of the reasons i will never own a badboy mower.

a mower with a spoiler on it has no place in the professional field.

we are out to do a job and do a quality job at it. that machine looks like something that should be in a tractor pull or tractor race, but not out on clients properteries cutting grass.

and i agree with anyone who has already said it screams redneck hillbilly lco.

Landrus2
03-03-2011, 03:29 PM
No they dont.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

krackerjack9
03-03-2011, 04:40 PM
that picture right there is just one of the reasons i will never own a badboy mower.

a mower with a spoiler on it has no place in the professional field.

we are out to do a job and do a quality job at it. that machine looks like something that should be in a tractor pull or tractor race, but not out on clients properteries cutting grass.

and i agree with anyone who has already said it screams redneck hillbilly lco.

We had hundreds of guys just like you that had the same attitude, "im a professional truckdriver im not driving that"

Guess what those were the The Truckdrivers who got killed, injured,legs blown off, arms missing ect. I got a 750gig harddrive full of photos and videos from over there.

One of the best ones was that the new guys didnt want to wear long sleve shirts. You tell them and tell them by the 2nd week if it was after April it was in the 110 temp. you have them go move a couple of trailers..then call them in on the radio.. once in the AC office they would gulp down water and before you know it they would be getting dizzy and passing out.
Or we show them films of their fellow truckdriver getting killed or blown up all because they would have this attitude of im not driving that or I already know how to drive.
Point is you have that attitude in life you will always be stuck in the same lane so to speak. Pretty soon your paying $55.00 a carton for cigarettes and in Iraq same brand from the same place the Good Ole USA they only pay $3.00 per carton. Taxes people taxes

dtc0207
03-03-2011, 05:33 PM
NO! They dont! It is only for function, if you think this looks like a spoiler your an idiot. http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6072357 Either way I would never use a Hustler or a Badgirl mower.

I never said they did a good job on designing their spoiler, and you can admit it on the older unitsit was even closer to a spoiler design
Posted via Mobile Device

Lurch01
03-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I need to contact them and see if they will be the official MOWER OF www.WeOnlyCutGrass.com maybe I can get a free Zero out of it? LOL

If my company was big enough, I bet it would work.

yardguy28
03-03-2011, 06:40 PM
We had hundreds of guys just like you that had the same attitude, "im a professional truckdriver im not driving that"

Guess what those were the The Truckdrivers who got killed, injured,legs blown off, arms missing ect. I got a 750gig harddrive full of photos and videos from over there.

One of the best ones was that the new guys didnt want to wear long sleve shirts. You tell them and tell them by the 2nd week if it was after April it was in the 110 temp. you have them go move a couple of trailers..then call them in on the radio.. once in the AC office they would gulp down water and before you know it they would be getting dizzy and passing out.
Or we show them films of their fellow truckdriver getting killed or blown up all because they would have this attitude of im not driving that or I already know how to drive.
Point is you have that attitude in life you will always be stuck in the same lane so to speak. Pretty soon your paying $55.00 a carton for cigarettes and in Iraq same brand from the same place the Good Ole USA they only pay $3.00 per carton. Taxes people taxes

you went way over my head with whatever that just was you typed out........

point is i will never purchase a badboy mower. end of story. i'd rather go out of business and work elsewhere than own one of those mowers. or any mower with a spoiler on it.

i currently use toro and exmark. only mowers i'll use. but if they started putting spoilers on there equipment and making them look like they belong at a tractor pull or tractor race i'd start looking for a different brand of equipment in a heart beat.

twcw5804
03-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Wow they are hot

Clark Griswold
03-03-2011, 07:59 PM
I need to contact them and see if they will be the official MOWER OF www.WeOnlyCutGrass.com maybe I can get a free Zero out of it? LOL

If my company was big enough, I bet it would work.

You must be British or something, who says "fortnightly or petrol" in their advertising in the US, nice website Lurch?

grassman177
03-03-2011, 08:00 PM
So if the spoiler was gone, it would be ok right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
03-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Keep the mower.....I will take Kelly though..

Grassman...you still in town? I am PMing you my number

yardguy28
03-04-2011, 10:37 AM
So if the spoiler was gone, it would be ok right?
Posted via Mobile Device

for me no it wouldn't be ok.

i think badboy mowers look to cheap in general. i know some people say they aren't and maybe i'm not looking at the right models.

the one's i see in my neck of the woods look to cheaply made to catch my interest.

also there is no dealer in town for them. the one's i've seen have been sold at the big box store tractor supply.

all the dealers in my neck of the woods deal with exmark, toro and stihl prodcuts. we have one rental shop that is a dealer for walker, wright stander, scag and shindawa.

StanWilhite
03-04-2011, 07:25 PM
for me no it wouldn't be ok.

i think badboy mowers look to cheap in general. i know some people say they aren't and maybe i'm not looking at the right models.

the one's i see in my neck of the woods look to cheaply made to catch my interest.

also there is no dealer in town for them. the one's i've seen have been sold at the big box store tractor supply.

all the dealers in my neck of the woods deal with exmark, toro and stihl prodcuts. we have one rental shop that is a dealer for walker, wright stander, scag and shindawa.

Hey Yardguy, if the only Bad Boy mowers you are looking at are the ones at TSC, you haven't seen the serious Bad Boy eqp.

Even if you are only looking at the bottom of the line (at TSC) you can't compare a mower that sells for 5K to a 13K mower. What does the manufacturer of Toro, Exmark, Wright, Walker, Ferris, (etc) have for 5K that's made so much better than the 5K BB?

I can assure you that if you look at mowers (even half way up the BB line) you won't be able to say "they're cheaply made". Especially if you want to look at an AOS 72" deck with a 35hp 4 cyl Caterpillar diesel in it, SURELY you won't be able to say they aren't VERY SERIOUS eqp.

No offense intended, but I think you hit the nail on the head (when it comes to your opinion) when you said "the ones I've seen have been the ones from Tractor supply". TSC only sells the very bottom of the line.

Look into the rest of the line and THEN let us know what you think.*trucewhiteflag*

puppypaws
03-04-2011, 09:04 PM
you went way over my head with whatever that just was you typed out........

point is i will never purchase a badboy mower. end of story. i'd rather go out of business and work elsewhere than own one of those mowers. or any mower with a spoiler on it.
i currently use toro and exmark. only mowers i'll use. but if they started putting spoilers on there equipment and making them look like they belong at a tractor pull or tractor race i'd start looking for a different brand of equipment in a heart beat.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the people you cut grass for could care less about your mower, your breed, or your creed, they only want the grass cut. The preference of mowers is yours to like or dislike, everyone has their own opinion, and I think you know what they say about opinions. I would say anyone that has read the above post could care less what mowers you like or dislike, or whether you ever or never own a Bad Boy mower......and no, I have never owned a BB mower, but I would never say never, sounds too much like a politician!!! :nono::nono::nono:

retrodog
03-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Hey if bad boy gives me 1 million dollars I can tell them that they are wasting thier money on that dumb advertising. Mabey they should focus on getting into scag, exmark, hustler, toro's commercial business.

A LCO is not going to buy a bad boy casue he has seen it at the local rodeo.

When a LCO around here hears bad boys name its followed by a snicker:laugh:

Thats funny, my hustler dealer says the same thing when every commercial guy that drives by has one on their trailer...... and when our city rolls out with 5 on their trailer, they have a streamline name around here now, just wait you will see it shortly......lol

yardguy28
03-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Hey Yardguy, if the only Bad Boy mowers you are looking at are the ones at TSC, you haven't seen the serious Bad Boy eqp.

Even if you are only looking at the bottom of the line (at TSC) you can't compare a mower that sells for 5K to a 13K mower. What does the manufacturer of Toro, Exmark, Wright, Walker, Ferris, (etc) have for 5K that's made so much better than the 5K BB?

I can assure you that if you look at mowers (even half way up the BB line) you won't be able to say "they're cheaply made". Especially if you want to look at an AOS 72" deck with a 35hp 4 cyl Caterpillar diesel in it, SURELY you won't be able to say they aren't VERY SERIOUS eqp.

No offense intended, but I think you hit the nail on the head (when it comes to your opinion) when you said "the ones I've seen have been the ones from Tractor supply". TSC only sells the very bottom of the line.

Look into the rest of the line and THEN let us know what you think.*trucewhiteflag*

i'd still never own a mower with a spoiler on the back

flatlander42
03-05-2011, 01:22 PM
then take it off! The "airfoil wing" is an option!

yardguy28
03-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, but the people you cut grass for could care less about your mower, your breed, or your creed, they only want the grass cut. The preference of mowers is yours to like or dislike, everyone has their own opinion, and I think you know what they say about opinions. I would say anyone that has read the above post could care less what mowers you like or dislike, or whether you ever or never own a Bad Boy mower......and no, I have never owned a BB mower, but I would never say never, sounds too much like a politician!!! :nono::nono::nono:

your point?

i'd still rather close up shop than own a BB mower. no matter what the clients care about.

this business is more about my happiness than the profit i make. if i'm not happy it's not worth doing.

not to mention there isn't a dealer near me that carries BB. i figure there's a reason for that.

StanWilhite
03-06-2011, 04:19 PM
i'd still never own a mower with a spoiler on the back

:) I understand. As I said, I'm not a fan of the spoiler either.
Stan

yardguy28
03-07-2011, 10:41 AM
:) I understand. As I said, I'm not a fan of the spoiler either.
Stan

and not only is the fact that it has a spoiler cuz as someone else pointed out i could remove it.

i'm not sure i trust a company to be quality when the focus on things such as putting spoilers on the equipment.

i want an equipment company that focuses solely on equipment quality, how well does it fuction and how long will it hold up structurally. there is no room for considering a spoiler, flames on the side, or bling hub caps in those 2 areas.

ron mexico75
03-07-2011, 10:47 AM

Redneck and maybe something else......spoiler on a Honda Civic rings any bells????

Glenn Lawn Care
03-07-2011, 02:31 PM
man thats hilarious.....