Gas price going up

What would your bid be?

It ended up going for $65 a cut. wow

ALC-GregH
03-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Did you get it? Sounds cheap to me.

MOturkey
03-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Don't know the actual size of the property. I'm guessing 2+ acres? If there is no edging, or something not apparent in the photo, $65 might not be all that unreasonable for just mowing and trimming.

punt66
03-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Don't know the actual size of the property. I'm guessing 2+ acres? If there is no edging, or something not apparent in the photo, $65 might not be all that unreasonable for just mowing and trimming.

i agree. Looks like an hour or less for mowing there. But its hard tell by that pic.

Richard Martin
03-01-2011, 09:43 AM
I can't tell how big it is by looking at your picture. There's a road right down the middle of the picture. Can you outline the target area or get a picture that only shows the target area? How many square feet is it?

punt66
03-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I can't tell how big it is by looking at your picture. There's a road right down the middle of the picture. Can you outline the target area or get a picture that only shows the target area? How many square feet is it?

from his description its from the edge of the field to the road.

CLservice
03-01-2011, 01:48 PM
From top to bottom itís about 776feet, from side to side itís 437feet. 14 trees to trim around and a curb on the left side along the road side stretches from road to road.

gdguth
03-01-2011, 02:13 PM
If my math is correct that is like 7 to 8 acres. That is very cheap, but only half looks like it is mowed. Either way, probably to cheap.

Richard Martin
03-01-2011, 03:23 PM
7.78 acres. Even if you only cut half of that the price is way low for me. It's probably 4 acres and the cheapest guys around here get $25 an acre.

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
03-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Picture below

I had bided on this property mowing and trimming
Property lines road to road, road to field
A big ditch at the top
Gas price going up

What would your bid be?

It ended up going for $65 a cut. wow

$65/CUT...you can make a little on it. Hope you can bundle it with other surrounding properties some way to make it worthwhile or others in the vicinity will come calling. You figure a 72" can take down 4 ac in about an hour's time easy while trimmer guy I use cam knock down that trimming in same time frame. Doesn't look like owner is too particular about quality so you go as fast as humanly possible. $10 hard expense tops plus $10 labor...nobody's getting rich but they can fill the truck's tank for a couple days. Lowballing at it's very tightest, leanest...thanks for that example. People on this board need to see specifics. Good job providing the map...I'm putting up a video pretty soon of a cemetery job that will knock your socks off what that bid came to. I'm personally going to take you on a lowball tour as the guest host. It'll make this lowball effort seem like 1990's pricing!