PDA

View Full Version : Organics Workshop/Class in OH?

Victor
03-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Does anyone know of any organic workshops, or classes that are held in OH? The closer to Columbus, the better. Thanks for any help!
Posted via Mobile Device

starry night
03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know of any organic workshops, or classes that are held in OH? The closer to Columbus, the better. Thanks for any help!
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't we wish, Victor. I don't know of any and I don't expect any. I am afraid we are in the vast wasteland for organics.

Victor
03-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Aw crap! Now that's not what I want to hear. Hopefully there will be an offering out this way before long. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

starry night
03-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Chip Osborne in New Jersey for an all-day workshop only $150.

I'd be willing to pay more than that if it were in Ohio.

phasthound
03-03-2011, 08:45 PM
If you want good training in organic lawn care, you have to travel & spend some money. I did for years. Or you can take the initiative and contact people with good reputations and see what you can do to get them to your area to hold classes. If you wait for them to appear, you will continue waiting.

starry night
03-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey Victor, how much change you got in your pants pocket? I think we're gonna have to pool our money.

Compostwerks LLC
03-04-2011, 08:39 PM
If there's enough interest, I'm there. Where in Ohio would you guys thing the best turnout could be expected?

Compostwerks LLC
03-04-2011, 08:40 PM
If there's enough interest, I'm there to teach. Where in Ohio would you guys thing the best turnout could be expected? What about the best time of year?

Victor
03-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Well... For the best turnout, I think you'd have to hold the class in Cincinnati, Columbus, or Cleveland. If you offered a workshop/class in one of the 3 major cities in Ohio, I have no doubt you'd fill those classes with attendees. There are a lot of people around these major metropolitan areas. We have close to 2 million people in the Columbus metropolitan area and I'm sure Cincinnati and Cleveland can make the same claim. I think spring, or summer would be the best time. That's just my opinion though.
I can hear dirt and Hoops rubbing his hands together; just thinking about the possibilities of there being a class here. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Victor
03-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Well... For the best turnout, I think you'd have to hold the class in Cincinnati, Columbus, or Cleveland. If you offered a workshop/class in one of the 3 major cities in Ohio, I have no doubt you'd fill those classes with attendees. There are a lot of people around these major metropolitan areas. We have close to 2 million people in the Columbus metropolitan area and I'm sure Cincinnati and Cleveland can make the same claim. I think spring, or summer would be the best time. That's just my opinion though.
I can hear dirt and Hoops rubbing his hands together; just thinking about the possibilities of there being a class here. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Kiril
03-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Holy double post batman!

http://www.healingdaily.com/healing-from-batman_robin.jpg

phasthound
03-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Chip Osborne in New Jersey for an all-day workshop only $150.

I'd be willing to pay more than that if it were in Ohio.

For some reason I am unable to reply to your PM.

Chip will provide a very clear, science based presentation on natural turf care systems, especially for athletic fields. He can back up everything he says because he has first hand experience of doing this successfully.

His fee for a one day course is lower than the price range you mentioned. He is not a radical environmentalist, but he will call it as he sees it.
I cannot recommend him higher. http://osborneorganics.com/ Let him know I told you to contact him.

starry night
03-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks Barry. I'm not sure why the trouble with the PM. I'll keep you posted.

phasthound
03-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Recieved yours & sent reply, but got the same error message.
Anyone else having problems with PMs today?

starry night
03-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Barry, I just replied to your PM which I did, in fact, receive ....x3.
Something is screwed up on the LS server. I haven't received any email notifications all morning.

Kiril
03-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Barry, I just replied to your PM which I did, in fact, receive ....x3.
Something is screwed up on the LS server. I haven't received any email notifications all morning.

The user data table update is busted on several different scripts. Until they fix it, your profile won't get updated with regard to posts.

Kiril
03-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Post count +1

Kiril
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
post count +1

Kiril
03-05-2011, 01:34 PM
post count +1

post count +1

Kiril
03-05-2011, 01:36 PM
As you can see .... sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. When I posted my reply to your post, my data didn't get updated and triggered a DB error .... but the following three posts processes correctly.

Kiril
03-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Damn .... I just added 6 posts to my total in a matter of minutes ..... I must spend my entire life on this site cause my post count is high. :laugh:

Kiril
03-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Holy high post count batman!

http://www.healingdaily.com/healing-from-batman_robin.jpg

Bentwood Lawn
03-09-2011, 06:31 PM
I am interested as well. Cincinnati or Columbus would work for me. I think there will be a lot of intrest.

2 clowns mowing
03-10-2011, 07:56 AM
yes count me in i'm in ohio

Compostwerks LLC
03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Would July or August work out, or late in the season?

kilman
03-10-2011, 10:47 AM
i would say Columbus some where people don't have to drive far like people from Cleavland going to Cincinnati

Victor
03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Another vote here for holding the class somewhere centrally located in Ohio like Columbus. July, August, or fall sounds good to me!

2 clowns mowing
03-11-2011, 07:29 AM
columbus would be great

Victor
03-12-2011, 07:25 PM
From the responses you've gotten here Peter; I'm sure you can see that you wouldn't have any problems filling a Columbus workshop/class. I hope you can put on together sometime this year. If you build it, they will come!