PDA

View Full Version : What is the rule of thumb for charging for planting trees?

Barrett Landscaping
03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Asked to give an estimate to plant 10 white pine trees that are 5-6'. To charge for these do most just double the cost to purchase the trees? any advise would be appreciated.

land_scaper70
03-02-2011, 09:24 AM
I use a backhoe to plant trees. I don't know what you are using, are you digging by hand, have a machine, have to rent? Small jobs I usually charge double to 1 1/2X the cost of the tree, and bigger jobs by the hour and minimum two hour charge to get the machine to their property and home again.

Landrus2
03-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Asked to give an estimate to plant 10 white pine trees that are 5-6'. To charge for these do most just double the cost to purchase the trees? any advise would be appreciated.

Are you giving any warranty time?

land_scaper70
03-02-2011, 10:13 AM

I should have mentioned that price of 1 1/2X is if you pick up and deliver the tree.

Barrett Landscaping
03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
i will be delivering the trees and will offer a 1 year warrenty as well. thanks land scaper for saying what i was thinking as far as pricing is concerned. i plan on renting a dingo with an auger