PDA

View Full Version : church news letter advertising

Jasputan
03-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Anybody have any experience with this form of advertising? For 13 weeks I can run an ad for $190 (total) in a weekly church newsletter for a large church in my town. I think I am going to do it but I wanted to see what kind of results people have had with these news letters before I commit.

Puddle of Oil
03-02-2011, 12:23 PM
It seems like churches now a days are more like businesses without the religious part of it. It fires me up that you can put ads in a church for your business. It's the lords church dang it!

Jasputan
03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I mean, they make the newsletter pretty much for free through the advertisements in it. Dont see the problem. No thread hi-jacking please!

Keegan
03-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I did it once several years ago. I had it in two local churches. I got one call.

flatlander42
03-02-2011, 02:36 PM
It seems like churches now a days are more like businesses without the religious part of it. It fires me up that you can put ads in a church for your business. It's the lords church dang it!

yup.:angel::angel:

fireman gus
03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
A few years back the church I attend printed a booklet of all the names and addresses of businesses and what each business did. This went over well because the church people liked to deal with other church people.

flatlander42
03-02-2011, 06:48 PM
A few years back the church I attend printed a booklet of all the names and addresses of businesses and what each business did. This went over well because the church people liked to deal with other church people.

That sounds OK. But this situation seems different than that.

gasracer
03-02-2011, 06:59 PM

Our church does this too. They also have a table in the lobby for member business cards and flyers.

As far as the bulletin itself I think it is a bad idea.