PDA

View Full Version : Where can I dump grass clipping in Edmond, OK?

BaldwinLawnCare
03-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey guys I have a small lawn care business in Edmond, OK. I have been able to dump all my grass clippings on a farmers land for his cattle until this year, so now I'm needing a place to dump my grass. Is there a landfill of dump site of some kind that I should know about? Thanks

ALC-GregH
03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
How long have you been living there? One would think you'd know where a landfill is in your area. Might not be anyone that lives in that area on here. Did you try the yellow pages?

BaldwinLawnCare
03-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I've lived here for a few years since I started college, just haven't needed one until now. The only one I know of is the Solid Waste Services which is where the city trash tricks go, but I don't believe they accept businesses, and if they do they are very expensive. I was just hoping someone might know of another place.

BaldwinLawnCare
03-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I take back what I said, I talked with them and they do accept businesses but it would be a $35 minimum charge.

fireman gus
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Contact Ewing Chemical and ask them if they can help with finding someone. They deal with LCO's all day and they might be able to put you in contact with someone. Fortunately in Enid our landfill lets us dump grass clippings for free. They then compost them and give away to people.

BaldwinLawnCare
03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Awesome thanks. I'm from Covington, just SE of Enid. I didn't realize they did that for free there. Heck of a setup.