PDA

View Full Version : echo bed redefiner price

highlander316
03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
i've been thinking about picking one of these up for smaller jobs and tree rings (since pulling my Brown edger around for little stuff is cumbersome). I can get one new for $550 in the box at my dealer. Worth it for the price or should I just use an edging shovel for the little stuff instead?

Green Feet Lawn
03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
The price is what it is. You have to look at how much work you have and how much labor it can save you. A few jobs here and there wouldn't justify the cost for me. But if you do a lot of mulching where you redefine the edges, then it might be worth it.

nobagger
03-02-2011, 08:43 PM
i've been thinking about picking one of these up for smaller jobs and tree rings (since pulling my Brown edger around for little stuff is cumbersome). I can get one new for $550 in the box at my dealer. Worth it for the price or should I just use an edging shovel for the little stuff instead?

They definitely save time, ours is on its 3 rd season and I bet we have 4hrs on it. It wont go very deep or leave a clean edge but it saves a TON of time! Its nice to go back through beds in late June/July and keep them looking that much better than the competition and in a fraction of the time. You have to use it in dry to drier soil or it bogs down then it becomes a real pita.