PDA

View Full Version : Mibar Products anyone use their Dethatch rake?

HenryB
03-02-2011, 04:14 PM
This rake looks much better than the JRCO anyone use them?

ashgrove landscaping
03-02-2011, 05:43 PM
They do look nice. But the jrco unit works great and I've used and abused mine for a while now with no problems. A nice paint job makes the same product look better. Seems like that's what they have done with a better attachment system probably. I guess that's why they charge double the price of a jrco unit. Not worth it in my opinion. Very nice looking though and I'm sure they are great and wonderful.

mjschue
03-02-2011, 09:47 PM
tried on of their plows on my ztr. I must say it is very impressive! I'm waiting for the 72" dethactcher

mowerbrad
03-02-2011, 10:33 PM
I don't particularly like that one, just from the looks of it at least. It sticks way too far out when mounted...when you bag at the same time (like I do) you won't be able to collect a full swath (or at least nearly full) when you make a turn and can make getting close to some objects more challenging. Having it stick out that far ahead of the mower also is not good when you use the machine on residential properties where turning around in certain areas can be tight. Also, it doesn't look like the unit can fold up 90 degrees for storage...that dethatcher looks like it adds three feet to the mower. Taking up an extra 3' on a trailer can make for less space for debris or may prevent you from bringing all your equipment with. I can tell you that I would not want be taking that dethatcher on and off all the time just to go from job to job and save on trailer space. Also, the electric or hydraulic lift it uses looks slow and is just another thing to break.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the JRCO units, but they are very well built. Personally, I think the JRCO is better.

Jason Rose
03-02-2011, 11:32 PM
I also have a Mibar plow, 60" on my midmount grasshopper, they build a NICE and heavy built plow. As for the spring tine thatcher, well I agree with the others, the JRCO is half the price and mine always did quite well. Not sure what really makes the Mibar one so expensive...

grass-smoker
03-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Im not real sure how every one thinks the Mibar dethatcher cost more than a JRCO when they are both about $650.00 http://mibarproducts.com/shop5/product_info.php?products_id=37

I dont even know where to start with the comparisons between Mibar and JRCO because to me its like comparing a residential mower to a commercial mower.

Also, it doesn't look like the unit can fold up 90 degrees for storage...that dethatcher looks like it adds three feet to the mower. Taking up an extra 3' on a trailer can make for less space for debris or may prevent you from bringing all your equipment with. I can tell you that I would not want be taking that dethatcher on and off all the time just to go from job to job and save on trailer space.

My Mibar Dethatcher lifts about 60 degrees with the electric cylinder and can go 90 degrees by pulling one pin and if I recall correctly you have to pull a few pins to get the JRCO unit to do the same so trailer space isnt an issue.

Im sure the length of both dethatchers is the same up and down.

I like that my plow and dethatcher use the same mount and electric lift cylinder.