PDA

View Full Version : Just Got the Turf Tiger Cleaned up.

Mike Blevins
03-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Just finished with the spring cleaning on the Turf Tiger. O7 Turf Tiger with 675 hours on the meter.:usflag:

djagusch
03-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Looks new to me. Do you just act like you cut grass?

GMLC
03-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Nice looking machine. I can tell you take good care of her!

aarons lawn
03-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Looks new to me. Do you just act like you cut grass?

agree when i got 675 hours on my mowers the decks look alt ore beat up than that

Mike Blevins
03-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes I really use it.I like to take care of my equipment. This will be my 4th season with it. It has been an awsome machine. Going to clean the trailer and handhelds tomorrow. Then its new plugs,oils,filters,and grease for everything. :)

lotsagrass
03-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Yum.....springtime :-) Can't wait. I figure I'll do my first mow in 2 - 3 weeks. Even if the grass isn't long enough, it'll be good to top it all off/even it out and chop up the remaining leaves.

Clark Griswold
03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
What you got under the hood?

kilgoja
03-02-2011, 08:26 PM
nice mower i just don't like the tiger stripes on it lol...just kindof ups the cheese factor...if it were mine i would take them off somehow lol

Landrus2
03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
do you take your mower to the car wash

Mike Blevins
03-02-2011, 08:29 PM
What you got under the hood?

Kawasaki 29 dfi on the Scag. Cummins Turbo diesel on the truck. Honda on the new 2011 hrx 21" ,and a bunch of Redmax engines.

MOW ED
03-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Looks good, you guys in warmer areas are killin me. We still have 3 feet of snow in some drifts, 15 feet in the big piles. I like the thought of Spring though.

williams lcm
03-02-2011, 09:04 PM
What do you use to clean your machine? How often do you wash it? Do you wax it? This looks like it has never been used. I clean mine once a week and it still does not as good as yours. I wash it then blow it off with the blower.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
03-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Its amazing how nice you can keep one looking when you keep employees off a machine. :dizzy:

Mike Blevins
03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
What do you use to clean your machine? How often do you wash it? Do you wax it? This looks like it has never been used. I clean mine once a week and it still does not as good as yours. I wash it then blow it off with the blower.

Today is the first time it was washed since around August of last year. I try to put a few coats of wax on my Scag before each mowing season. Some people say that its stupid to wax a mower. I care what my equipment looks like so I try to keep it as clean as possible. By taking 30 -45 minutes and putting on a coat of wax you are putting a barrier between the mowers paint and everything else it comes in contact with. Also if it has a good coat of wax it will clean up a WHOLE lot quicker and easier. As far as washing it I just use a wash mit with Mothers or Mequires car wash. Oh yeah and a tooth brush for the hard to reach places like the front rims.

StanWilhite
03-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Just finished with the spring cleaning on the Turf Tiger. O7 Turf Tiger with 675 hours on the meter.:usflag:

Hard to believe that mower has any time at all on it. Looks good! I'm like you, I like to keep my stuff up, but I don't do as well as you (at least cosmetically).
Maybe you could come by and clean mine up (like yours) so you can show me how it's done! :laugh:
Stan

lifetree
03-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Today is the first time it was washed since around August of last year. I try to put a few coats of wax on my Scag before each mowing season. ... Oh yeah and a tooth brush for the hard to reach places like the front rims.

This is what I call dedicated !!

kilgoja
03-02-2011, 11:17 PM
i never wash my mower because soon as i cut one yard it's all dusty/dirty again :(...i just keep grass and leaves and such off of the top of the deck with a blower...that's about it

wahlturfcare
03-03-2011, 10:28 AM
i am the same as you mike, i always hand scrub and wax moy mowers. A couple of the 72' walkbehinds are early 90's and i still wax them to keep em clean and try to fight the corrosion on them.

Lugnut
03-03-2011, 10:39 AM
07? Don't you mean 2011...its ok, we all make typos :waving:

Looks good, you cleaned that up real well. I did the same with my mowers but even with some touch up paint on the sides of the decks they dont look nearly that good.

Jason Rose
03-03-2011, 11:05 AM
i never wash my mower because soon as i cut one yard it's all dusty/dirty again :(...i just keep grass and leaves and such off of the top of the deck with a blower...that's about it

Same here. I use the air hose to do 99% of my "cleaning".

I've done the wash and scrub thing with mowers that I use daily, and I can piss away most of a sunday washing all of my equipment, then monday morning the grass is soaking wet with dew and they are nasty dirty again within mere hours. Sooooo not worth it! I keep them in mechanically top shape but they aren't show queens!

93Chevy
03-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Man, that looks good. I wax my mower with Fluid Film a couple times a year. It sure shows when you take care of equipment.