PDA

View Full Version : A Seat ZTR vs Standup ZTR mower

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-02-2011, 09:19 PM
I dont understand them been mowing riding type ZTR since 1985 Standing mowers came out and I lol at them still do Why buy something you have to stand on after few years ur knees will be killing you from the beating you get O yes you can put a seat on them with no back i like to be relax as i mow thats my rest time before trimming

What are the pros about the Stand up mower

Showpropserv
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
speed speed speed isnt that what all industries are about

BINKY1902
03-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Standers are known to be very good on hills. It's also quicker to hop off of it and pick up sticks, trash, etc. Alot of people like them. I don't see any around here, but there isn't many hills and stuff around here either.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
speed speed speed isnt that what all industries are about

Stand up mowers are slow compare to my choppers

pugs
03-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Compact size. You can fit more Wright standers on a trailer in the same space than ZTRs or walkbehinds.

Ease of getting on/off to pickup debris or for whatever.

Visibility of the cutter deck. You can see the entire deck without moving your head. This leads to better trimming ability and also more agility around obstacles.

I have cut the same area with a 61" ZTR and a 52" Stander. Lots of obstacles. I can do the exact same place in about 50 minutes with either machine.

mowerbrad
03-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Standers have gained popularity over the last few years. A couple benefits that really are advertised about these mowers are the compact size (more on a trailer or easier to use on small properties), great hillside stability and increased visibility.

When you also start looking at price, the standers are cheaper than a comparable ztr. A 52" stander can be $1000-$2000 cheaper than a 52" ztr.

Most of the time we don't mow lawns at full speed on mowers, so the fact that ztr's can go 13+ mph doesn't really mean much. So the speeds when cutting are going to be pretty much the same with a stander and a ztr. But with a stander (since it is lighter weight) you can turn around quicker without doing and turf damage.

You would really be amazed at how efficient you can be with a stand-on type mower.

Showpropserv
03-02-2011, 11:45 PM
Most of the time we don't mow lawns at full speed on mowers, so the fact that ztr's can go 13+ mph doesn't really mean much. So the speeds when cutting are going to be pretty much the same with a stander and a ztr. But with a stander (since it is lighter weight) you can turn around quicker without doing and turf damage. You would really be amazed at how efficient you can be with a stand-on type mower.

the faster you can get out of the corner the quicker you will get done havent any of you seen nascar.:hammerhead:

turftracerhp
03-02-2011, 11:45 PM
one more time please im not quite getting it.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Compact size. You can fit more Wright standers on a trailer in the same space than ZTRs or walkbehinds.

Ease of getting on/off to pickup debris or for whatever.

Visibility of the cutter deck. You can see the entire deck without moving your head. This leads to better trimming ability and also more agility around obstacles.

I have cut the same area with a 61" ZTR and a 52" Stander. Lots of obstacles. I can do the exact same place in about 50 minutes with either machine.

How big is ur 50 min job
You say fit more on the trailer that means have hire more help to run all them
The local guy here hauls 4 stand up on his trailer and I timed him on a job I use to do and takes him same amount time as i did it with 2 ZTR riding ones Funny part is he didn t want the job again so i got it back this yr

Showpropserv
03-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Mods please close this thread the op has no use in seeing the true advantages of stand on mowers and is being a troll TO HIMSELF

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Mods please close this thread the op has no use in seeing the true advantages of stand on mowers and is being a troll TO HIMSELFNo one has told me anything thats make a stand on better then a ZTR there no true advantages over a ZTR well over my Dixie Chopper might be advantages over other ZTR on the market

touhey33
03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
No one has told me anything thats make a stand on better then a ZTR there no true advantages over a ZTR well over my Dixie Chopper might be advantages over other ZTR on the market

There also lighter, and better for your back then sitting and absorbing all the shock through your lower back. A stander allows you to absorb shock through your legs. They also don't make you lazy and fat.

Showpropserv
03-03-2011, 02:08 PM
There also lighter, and better for your back then sitting and absorbing all the shock through your lower back. A stander allows you to absorb shock through your legs. They also don't make you lazy and fat.

but you still havent told me any advantages dang nabit:laugh::laugh:

ncknaklawns
03-03-2011, 02:29 PM
I started my business with a 36RH because I wanted to have the niche of fitting into the small back yards- not turn away any customers because I was just starting out.
I had 40 customers that first season. Worked well at the end of the season I bought a z-turn on credit and had another twenty customers year 2. So paid that one off. Kept the stander and the small lawns. I only use it one day a week but it gets me my highest profits.

ncknaklawns
03-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Two z-turns wouldn't fit on my trailer and I have a backup mower.

pugs
03-03-2011, 03:03 PM
No one has told me anything thats make a stand on better then a ZTR there no true advantages over a ZTR well over my Dixie Chopper might be advantages over other ZTR on the market

I can think of one advantage most standers have over a Dixie Chopper. They dont look like they were built in the back of someones garage.

Also, can you see every inch of the outline of your deck from your seat? On a stander you can.

StanWilhite
03-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I can think of one advantage most standers have over a Dixie Chopper. They dont look like they were built in the back of someones garage.

Also, can you see every inch of the outline of your deck from your seat? On a stander you can.

:laugh::laugh: Now........ Now........

kilgoja
03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
i personally would never cut with a stander or a walkbehind mower...i used to work for a guy when i was in my 20s and i would trim most of the time and cut some of the yards with a scag walkbehind...by the end of the day i was completely worn out almost...i stand up plenty while trimming, edging, and blowing...i'm gonna sit while i mow lol...with the occasional small pushmowing part of a backyard every now and then...i agree with the original poster...it's more of a fatigue thing...i guess if you have workers it's not a big deal but i work alone...i worked at a factory standing on my feet all day...i never wanna do that again...but i don't wanna sit all day either...either one is bad for you...so a good balance is the way to go

Baytownlawncare
03-03-2011, 06:28 PM
I absolutely love the visibility of being on my V ride. Can see hazards before they find you.

ncknaklawns
03-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Honestly I don't notice any more fatigue on the stander. I cut 18-22 lawns with it on Tuesdays ~10hrs and I do all the trimming. Its just not the same as walking. Believe me I would know, Im getting up there. You know how it is after lunch to get back working, well thats how it is wed-fri after I get up off the Z-turn Seat and get ready to trim. Those are the more fatigued days. I think I saw the new standers have a suspension deck- gotta trade for one of those.

fatboynormmie
03-04-2011, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=pugs;3921099]I can think of one advantage most standers have over a Dixie Chopper. They dont look like they were built in the back of someones garage.

That's some funny git there.