PDA

View Full Version : I Pad who has them and what apps are you using?

sfddelta1
03-03-2011, 09:58 AM
I am getting ready to buy a ipad i want to hear some reviews

as well as what apps you are runing

E

stevenf
03-03-2011, 04:30 PM
I have seen several tablet pc's in action. I would suggest you buy the less expensive droid 2.2 tablets with the droid market. Get the app called phone my pc and you can control your home computer from anywhere while tethering internet from your phone.

M&B LAWN CARE
03-03-2011, 07:05 PM

E

i just bought the nextbook 150.00 its an e-reader and internet but love all the apps you can get for it

Mow Man
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I have seen several tablet pc's in action. I would suggest you buy the less expensive droid 2.2 tablets with the droid market. Get the app called phone my pc and you can control your home computer from anywhere while tethering internet from your phone.

Can I use a template on the tablet in the same manner I use my paper daily work logs?

When you mention "tethering internet from my phone" does that imply a cable running from my smart phone and being able to send my daily work log to my computer or my bookkeepers computer via email?

Is anyone aware of any apps that can streamline the day to day work logs with a "start job-finish job" travel time "start job-finish job" etc..... so that my crew leaders will not be able to minipulate the log times

GreenI.A.
03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
thats exactly what tethering is. I have the original droid, so I can use my unlimited data plan and phone use my phone as a modum. I simply plug my into the computers USB port and open an app on the phone and connect to the network on my computer. With the Android I use the app PDA Net, it was free and I have absolutley no complaints.

Most newer smart phones have a built in WI-FI hot spot so you don't need to connect via wia or use apps. You simply turn on the hot-spot on the phone and conect to the wi-fi network on the computer

bustin88
03-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Get the TECHO BLOC APP.. Multi tool app with a built in gyroscope to measure out just about anything... Just got one myself and already used it in the field.. awesome!

lbmd1
03-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Go to app world and get Landscapers Companion. Basically like a portable Horticopia with plant pics, descriptions, etc... I got it for my blackberry but it started as an apple app.

Mike

nlminc
03-08-2011, 12:46 AM
I might buy one of those Moto Xooms. It's getting nice reviews.

Mow Man
03-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Go to app world and get Landscapers Companion. Basically like a portable Horticopia with plant pics, descriptions, etc... I got it for my blackberry but it started as an apple app.

Mike

are you aware of any apps for the blackberry for daily route logs? ie start job/finish job, cust. #, notes for extra work to be charged for etc....

ron mexico75
03-08-2011, 08:40 AM

E

Anytime you want info on electronic devices, go here, its the "go to" site.

cnet.com

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/motorola-xoom/4505-3126_7-34468548.html?tag=mncolBtm;rnav

http://reviews.cnet.com/ipad-16gb-review?tag=mncol;lst;1

http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/apple-ipad-2-16gb/4505-3126_7-34529777.html?tag=mncol;lst;1

lbmd1
03-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Mowman,
go to blackberry app world and get "activity log", or "activity log pro". I think it does what you're looking for.

Mike

BLC1
03-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I was just starting to look at the moto xooms and droid tablets. Any of you guys have one of those yet?

Mow Man
03-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Mowman,
go to blackberry app world and get "activity log", or "activity log pro". I think it does what you're looking for.

Mike

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Actually, I didn't get the blackberry yet but from what I have been reading I think that is the one I'll be getting. Just like I forced myself to learn computers ten years ago, I am forcing myself to finally get a smart phone in my quest to become more efficiant this year!

I think I will be upgrading in a few days. Any last minute input from you techie/lawn guys would be appreciated!

Thanks
Rick

H2 Lawn
03-25-2011, 10:07 PM

E

Purchased mine 2 months ago. If you are someone who is interested in technology and what it can do. Stick with the Ipad for user friendliness, Syncing capabilities, function, and especially if you have a mac computer. Don't just have your equipment up to date stay ahead of the times on technology its seems to be a flow that is not stopping at the moment.

The money and time this device is saving me is much more than expected. I have outfitted my crew with smart phones and pretty soon hopefully ipads and iphones. The networking ability has been great. Here are some ways i use it. Last year i corresponded with all my customers and asked them if switching to paperless invoices and newsletters would be something they would be interested in(EMAIL). The majority of them agreed. ( Making it convenient and simple for customers to contact you has been key in the growth of my business)

Create custom spreadsheet on numbers which can be run from your ipad. I create professional proposals from pages from my ipad. I record all daily work and it automatically syncs to my main computer at home. it has built in maps for finding new jobs. I do presentations on it to new customers and it blows them away. we end up talking about it for 5 minutes afterwards( most of them go buy one, Mac owes me big! :) It receives and syncs all my emails along with my contacts and calendars. it does this between my Imac, Ipad, and soon enough Iphone. I never am stuck searching for a customer contact or address as well as being able to email them from the field and receive emails from them in the field which allows me to fulfill their request while Im still out. I never have to punch in data twice it is already done for me. there are so many more pluses to this machine let me know if you have any questions I know i said a lot but it think you will enjoy it after you get it broken in and used to the software. Hope this helps