PDA

View Full Version : Grandstand 26HP air filter

chariot
03-03-2011, 09:26 AM
I am interested in purchasing a 60" 26HP grandstand but the only concern that I currently have is the air filter. I know this is somewhat a kawasaki question since it's their engine but is this kawasaki engine capable to be upgraded to the canister type filter that I've grown to love on other mowers, if so do you have an approximate cost? My local dealer only stated that he wasn't sure and would have to check...but he never did. Thanks

The Toro Company
03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Chariot,
The cannister air filter is not available for this model.
Thanks,
The Toro Company

pugs
03-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Was just at a Kawasaki update recently and they didnt mention any upgrades for the FR/FS series to get the FX air cleaner. I doubt they will.

Before the FH was available with or without the HD air filter. Same series of engine with 2 different air filters.

Now there are 3 different series of engines. FX gets the canister air filter. The others dont. The FR is the same as the FS except they leave out the pre filter.

chariot
03-08-2011, 10:37 PM
That stinks! Thanks for the info though

fobaum
09-22-2011, 10:49 PM
I would also like to get a canister air filter for my 2011 60'' Grandstand... The one on there now sucks compared to canister type..

(TORO company) any info? Thanks:Forrest

HenryB
09-23-2011, 07:57 AM
I would also like to get a canister air filter for my 2011 60'' Grandstand... The one on there now sucks compared to canister type..

How do you like the 60 in Grandstand I'm going to get one or a 60 in VRide Scag. I can't get a demo of either in 60 inches so It's tough.

sjessen
09-23-2011, 08:37 AM
My dealer seems to think the FS engines can be upgraded to the canister filter system.

The Toro Company
09-23-2011, 11:11 AM

Unfortunately the engine on the 60” unit you have has does not allow for the addition of the canister style air cleaner. Appreciate the concern and we will look for options to add the canister air cleaner while also maintaining operator visibility and mitigating against air cleaner damage from hanging it out too far in front.
The Toro Company

chariot
09-27-2011, 11:06 PM
I think the benefits would greatly outweigh the mentioned concerns. I could be wrong but it would be nice to atleast have the option! The standard types just take to much attention for my liking!!

Canadian13
09-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Will the FX FR FS all interchange. I have to replace my motor and would like to upgrade to the canister type filter. I have a FR651v right now
Thanks