PDA

View Full Version : optimum spray configuration

crew
07-23-2000, 03:38 PM
This is my first year spraying. I am Licensed and certified and insured but have never done any spraying before. This season i only have a few customers for this service but am looking to expand this part of the biz.I am currently using an old JD tow behind spray rig cobbled onto a walk behind mower. OK for a few jobs, but...<br>I see the Big Guys with dedicated trucks and miles of hose on electric reels and hand held, low pressure (I assume)sprayers.<br>Any how my question is- what is a good spray rig for a guy looking to service less than 100 customers that wont break the bank? Is low pressure always better? Can a tow behind be used as effectivley as a truck mounted rig withn hand gun? I am primarily talking about weed control applications.<br>Any replies are greatly appreciated.

MOW ED
07-26-2000, 07:46 AM
Sorry I can't help but I am basically in the same boat as you and I am looking for someone to reply. <br>I do granular fert aps but have some lawns that are bad with weeds but right now I can't justify a tank. I've been using a backpack sprayer with some success but its slow. <br>Just my opinion but I believe that low pressure is better for herbicides because it should result in less drift.<br>BTW gonna be in the Mall by you in August. Stayin in Inver Grove Heights.

GroundKprs
07-26-2000, 11:57 AM
crew & MOW ED, you are missing a lot if you don't use search function above. Just click on blue &quot;search&quot; and enter SPRAY as what to search for. You will get 19 discussions with 50-60 comments. Many of these comments are answers to your questions, and the posters know they answered in detail recently, so they are inclined to ignore a question already answered.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: GroundKprs

Evan528
07-26-2000, 03:13 PM
i use a back back and its not slow at all. I put a tip on it that alows me to cover about 7 feet in one pass. So i just go back and forth. a lawn that takes me 20 minutes to mow takes 5 to appy weed killer and i charge 40 bucks for these lawns... Make about 37 profit!

MOW ED
07-26-2000, 03:42 PM
Its easy to forget about Search - I should kick myself as I tell others in the Lawn Forum to do the same THANKS.

ant
07-26-2000, 09:07 PM
i came across a unit from perm-a-green that you bolt a liquid tank (few gal) to a lesco spreader that i herd works well. i have the ride on that sprays liquid and it works well. <br>anthony n.j.

crew
07-27-2000, 09:42 PM
Jim, I too forget about the search option. Thanks for the nudge