PDA

View Full Version : Blade Sharpener

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-03-2011, 09:20 PM
looking to buy one never had one Always used a hand grinder I can t always be around making sure the blade get the right edge on them So thought see What other people have and there likes and dislikes about a Sharpener
The biggest blades goes on a 72'' they have a cutting edge of 10''

Magna-Matic
03-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Hello,

Please take a moment to review our equipment, we are the oldest manufacturer of lawn mower blade service tools in the industry.

Also if you are looking for more information on this subject please review our forum here at lawnsite.com many people have asked questions about dedicated sharpeners and other related topics to sharpening.

http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Thank you for your consideration.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-22-2011, 08:20 PM
thanks but bought a different brand tried both out and like the other brand better

Elite Lawn Service
03-22-2011, 08:24 PM
What did you think worked better than the magna matic? I think my magna matic works great! Well other than the price anyway....kinda steep.

grassman177
03-22-2011, 08:29 PM
i am not sure what you would find better? we have had every other style and our magna matic is by far superior, but is a heafty price for any single use tool.

Magna-Matic
03-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Hello,

I would be also curious to know what model of ours you tried, and what you decided to purchase. I looked in our records and I could not find you has having taken advantage of our 30 day trial.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic
03-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Hello All,

Just some added info - food for thought.

Regarding comments about our prices - if you actually look at the other brands out there Magna-Matic is far from the most expensive. The other item to remember is if you would buy an RBG, Oregon, etc there are several accessories you have to purchase that we include with our sharpeners. Often the $300 - $400 models need a "approximate" $100 dresser, $70 grit guard, etc to first equal what we make included. Don't forget that many of the other brands are made in China or have motors from China. Another pitfall in choosing a sharpener is the wheel cost - our competitors generally have much more expensive wheels. I like to use the example of an inkjet printer - the printer is cheap but you'll pay the price of the printer again with your first ink replacement.

One more point on cost to take note of - lawn care professionals spend anywhere from $5,000 to over $20,000 on a commercial mower - now even with a $5,000 mower the MAG-9000 is only 12% of the cost of the mower.

Thank you,