PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice for leaf removal

majic_6
03-04-2011, 09:08 AM
hi, i run a lawn spraying business and do a few landscape jobs and i usually sub out my leaf removal and mowing out....my leaf removal guy hasn't contacted a customer i sent to him in 2 weeks, so i got a 2nd call from customer, contacted my guy and told him to get in contact with customer asap...that was 2 days ago, i take pride in my customer service so i called the customer yesterday to make sure he was contacted and sure enough he wasn't....i apologized to the customer and i assured him that if my guy hasnt contacted him by monday then i will get it taken care of for him...

heres the question, the lawn is 2 acres and the back of property is lined with woods, what i have is mower, blowers and hand tools and trailers, and manpower..when i talk with him again i will ask if leaves can be transported to the wooded area, so giving this info whats my best/efficiant plan of attack on this size of property? i have 2 buds that are self employed and work in construction and are horses that will help, so how long (ball park it) should this take us?....leaves are heavy around wooded area but not too bad in the rest......thanks in advance

Pressedun
03-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Depending on your setup you could use backpack blowers to blow them towards the woods, tarp the leaves up and drag em to the woods once in a while to get rid of the bulk. Keep doing it over and over until the leaves are gone. It's hard to say if that will work not knowing if it's a wooded lot or one with a few trees on it.

Good luck!

Smallaxe
03-04-2011, 11:53 AM
I have been able to clear 2 acres of fairly heavily wooded areas by myself in a few hours, with just a backpack blower and tarps... then again sometimes, if there is a lot of tall grass, bushy shrubs and trees, garden type areas, and/or thick, wet, heavy leaves it could take 2 days b4 it is all hauled away...

Landrus2
03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I have been able to clear 2 acres of fairly heavily wooded areas by myself in a few hours, with just a backpack blower and tarps... then again sometimes, if there is a lot of tall grass, bushy shrubs and trees, garden type areas, and/or thick, wet, heavy leaves it could take 2 days b4 it is all hauled away...

You are one dam work horse that t is fast by your self