PDA

View Full Version : emailing statements from Quickbooks through outlook?

nlminc
03-04-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm using QB's 2008. In order to send out a statemen via email, my qbs sends the statement to my outlook and then off it goes. My outlook seems to always jam up and cause all kinds of problems and it takes forever to send the emails once they are purged there from QB's.

Is there a way to bypass outlook all together and just send the emails out from my aol email or other email account?

Thanks...

bmc1025
03-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Not that I know of but you could call intuit for a better answer. I use a mac and send all my emails through the Mail application that comes standard on the machine. It has worked flawless so far.

dougaustreim
03-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Depends on your version of QB I suppose but in my 2010 Premier. I save the Invoice, or statement or estimate as a PDF and then attach it to an e-mail. Works great.

Maco Services
03-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I do the same as Doug, but I have to admit, I don't take advantage of all the features of QB. I also have 2010 premier, and have just assumed any "email invoice" or statement feature, is another opportunity for QB to charge me for their service, so I typically spend time trying to find the free, manual, workaround.

To me, the simplest solution is to save as a pdf and send. If anyone knows of a free alternative, I'll certainly give it a try!

Big C
03-05-2011, 02:11 AM
If I am not mistaken QB looks for the main mail cliet on your computer. So if you go into your settings to make aol your main client it should send them via aol.....not 100% sure though.

AI Inc
03-05-2011, 06:57 AM
If I am not mistaken QB looks for the main mail cliet on your computer. So if you go into your settings to make aol your main client it should send them via aol.....not 100% sure though.

correct , tell it to use your ISP mail. not outlook.

nlminc
03-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the advice so far. I remember when I upgraded to 2008 it was because QB's was no longer going to let me send the emails straight thru AOL...they now had to go to Outlook. My Outlook is really the issue, I always freezes up.

I'm just looking for a way around using Outlook. I'll try to save the invoice to a pdf and attach it when I open my aol email. I've have not tried that yet.

So....Are the steps to tell QB's to use my ISP mail complicated?

Thanks..