PDA

View Full Version : Service renewal letters (price increase)

LawnGuy35
03-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Sent out my service renewal letters this week, which included adjusted rates due to increases in fuel prices and other operating expenses (insurance, etc). I included a postage-paid reply device that they can simply check 'yes' or 'no' whether they want to renew at the adjusted rate, then drop it in the mail. Gave them until March 15, so I should start seeing them trickle in next week.

My question for those of you who are increasing your prices this year is, have you already contacted your customers about your adjusted rates? If so, have you lost any customers? Have they raised any objections? Have they agreed without any hesitation?

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care
03-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Sent out my service renewal letters this week, which included adjusted rates due to increases in fuel prices and other operating expenses (insurance, etc). I included a postage-paid reply device that they can simply check 'yes' or 'no' whether they want to renew at the adjusted rate, then drop it in the mail. Gave them until March 15, so I should start seeing them trickle in next week.

My question for those of you who are increasing your prices this year is, have you already contacted your customers about your adjusted rates? If so, have you lost any customers? Have they raised any objections? Have they agreed without any hesitation?

I just sent my RSVP and price increase letter a few days ago and got 5 calls of the 30. I gave them till March 21. I raised only some of their prices by $5 and one by $10. The 5 that called were some of the price increase and they didn't even mention it, just told me to sign them up for this season! What I did was just told them in the letter to call me because I feel its much quicker that way and then I can kind of catch up with them over the phone before the season starts. I don't imagine that I will lose anyone because of a $5 increase, but hey you never know.
Good luck this season!