PDA

View Full Version : Acountant

HHlandscaping
03-04-2011, 04:01 PM
How Much do you guys Pay for Acountant Service at the end of the year ? I have a guy who is customer of mine who I cut his grass for about 2 properties, so I let him do my taxes. last year he Charged me 800 to do them and when I called him on the phone about something a little while after he sent me a bill for $100 for the phone call. Also this year we did some work for another one of his commercial Properties where his office is and my guy ripped out some ivy that they planted to grow up a wall. and they sent me a email after that saying they dont need my services anymore. but I still do his property and rental house. .........so I feel like Im not sure if I am paying to much and to stay with this guy or not?

any insight would help ..........my friends are like he found another landscaper for the commercial Property (no Grass just bed maintenance) so you should find another acountant

JB1
03-04-2011, 04:08 PM
hard to say, don't know what kind of business your running or how big or the amount of dollars your running.

HHlandscaping
03-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I am small just under 100k revenue 1 worker not to big

JFGLN
03-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I had an accountant that was charging $1500 to do taxes. Last year I shopped around and found someone that I felt comfortable with that only charged $750. This is for the business only, set up as an S corp. I have never had an accountant charge me for a phone call.

M & L
03-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Shop around... I pay 500 but he bring me a Huge check at return time..were before i was only getting half for 750$

gasracer
03-05-2011, 04:10 PM
You should Marry one like I did. The cost of the degree is the downside.

WheatBookkeeping
05-02-2011, 09:31 PM
If you have been at one employee and $100k for the year and not knowing anything else about your business, Iíd say you are paying too much. I can say that the biggest number one factor to increasing accounting/bookkeeping/tax preparation costs is inadequate/disorganized record keeping.

Dr.NewEarth
05-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Accountants around here are CGA-Certified General Accountants
I wish I could do the income taxes myself, but it's a complicated mess
of paperwork.
I've tried a few accountants over the years. They're right up there with
Lawyers.
Don't even call them to wish Merry Christmas, they will probably bill you for that too.
THey won't itemize charges here. You just get a wopping bill at tax time.

I pay about 450 for the book-keeping and 2500 for accounting services, plus 12% tax!
That is average. I've checked with other companies that are members of the
BC Landscape and Nursery Association that are my size. They pay about the same.

We just had a Federal Election here. Welcome back to the 1930's IMO

PerfectEarth
05-03-2011, 10:10 AM
My father (an ex-corporate accountant) and I do the books every month. We prep everything! He figures everything (job costing, direct/indirect costs, balances me out, P&L, tax....etc) to about 98% completion. We then give it to a firm to basically prepare- they are no "mom and pop" either, and I think last year we paid 350.00 to have them put our info to the forms. I'm sure it would be MUCH more if we were unorganized and just dropped off a shoebox of invoices and receipts. We give them a couple small binders and they do the rest.

vencops
09-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Resurrected this.

I got quoted $1,800.00, today.....for business and personal (mine and my wife's). He's a fert/squirt account I just picked up (totally slipped my mind he was an accountant that wasn't corporate).

Oddly enough, his fert/squirt program is $1,735/yr.. I have NO IDEA how his price lines up with others. Based on where he lives, he's either really good/successful....or, he's really expensive!

cle.lawn
10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I have a similar sized business, I pay $600 for the year. Never get charged for a phone call. The price should be set, with exception to payroll maybe. If needed. But there should not be additional charges during the year if the business stays about the same size.