PDA

View Full Version : Stand on mowers?

countryscaper
09-16-2002, 10:45 AM
Does anybody have the shortcut??......if so ...what do you think of it.......and any comments on the standers..??..I currently have a off brand z...from black rock...and a 36 Kubota w/b.....just looking for some info...want to get something different maybe....Thanks

lawnkid
09-16-2002, 05:55 PM
i betya if you get a Wright or a Great Dane, you wouldn't even need 2 mowers. These things are amazing. I personally don't own one but many guys here do. Also do a Search under " Wright Stander" and " Great Dane Surfer"

Flex-Deck
09-16-2002, 09:57 PM
Talk to floridalandcare - I believe he runs a wright stander and likes what it does for him

Thanks, Brad

K9LWT
09-16-2002, 10:09 PM
I bought a 52" Stander last year and I love it. The thing has doubled my productivity. If I had to do it all over again, I might go for a Z with a collection system, though. There are some big lawns that grow fast that can be a pain with a walk behind, stand-on. I mow in MA, and there are a lot of leaves-a collection system would be sweet.

The Stander is great for medium size lawns that you can stay on top of. In my opinion, there is nothing better for small and medium lawns. It's the real big ones that I wish I had a Z for.

KLMlawn
09-16-2002, 10:42 PM
K9LWT hit it on the head .... for medium or smaller lawns, a Wright Stander is the best. Saves trailer space, cuts and stripes well, good feel to the lever controls and nice visibility of your mowing area. Can also trim real close on the trim side leaving little to no weed whacking. If you are mowing larger areas, I would definately look at a Lazer HP or possibly the Wright Sentar.

GarPA
09-17-2002, 10:08 AM
my dealer says the wright stander is very good on steep slopes??? anyone have experience with it on places you cant take a z?

scott's turf
09-17-2002, 10:13 AM
I demoed a stander and a lazer hp and I will tell you hands down that the Z was much better on hills than the stander and much more comfortable too.

KLMlawn
09-17-2002, 05:08 PM
I haven't tried a Laser on any steep slopes, but I have taken my Standers on a few and they handled well ... JMHO

Flex-Deck
09-17-2002, 10:05 PM
scotts turf - If you really have slopes, then a tractor or WB are the only recourse. - - - - - - especially if you have a Flex-Deckl

morturf
09-18-2002, 12:08 AM
I have a W/S 52 and I have used it on slopes that are almost impossible to stand on. It is the most stable mower I have ever used. I have used a Dixie a little on hills, felt a whole lot more in control on a hill with the Stander. The ability to use body weight makes a difference. I really liked my stander!!!
mike