PDA

View Full Version : Best way to dispose of debris, trailer, dumpster, other??

MFNA
03-04-2011, 06:20 PM
So lately i have been running into having large amounts of debris to dispose of landscape waste, hardscape waste etc.. I have 2 options 1 truck and trailer including multiple trips to the dump or option 2: dumpster container.
1. I have to pay tipping fees at the dump as im sure you all are aware of and customer often balk and that and I see no profit as I make multiple trips to the dump on large jobs
2. Customers balk at paying high prices for the roll-off dumpster

What do you guys find most effective and pleasing to the customer? Is there some option im missing?

FLAhaulboy
03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
" and customer often balk and that and I see no profit as I make multiple trips to the dump on large jobs"

Let them balk! Hauling away debris is a big $ loss if you do not charge for it, loading it, dumping it, gas, tipping fees etc. I think your trying to "please" the client way to much here. I always charge extra for hauling debris unless they want me to pile it at the curb instead.

MarkintheGarden
03-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Waste management is big business. If the customer does not want to pay for the service, they can always keep their trash to themselves. But I would not say that to them.

Transportation is expensive these days regardless of the cargo. Do not haul waste for cheap.

JFGauvreau
03-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Seriously with the price of gas going way up, definitely need to charge for gas, your time + usage on truck.

Agape
03-04-2011, 09:27 PM
So lately i have been running into having large amounts of debris to dispose of landscape waste, hardscape waste etc.. I have 2 options 1 truck and trailer including multiple trips to the dump or option 2: dumpster container.
1. I have to pay tipping fees at the dump as im sure you all are aware of and customer often balk and that and I see no profit as I make multiple trips to the dump on large jobs
2. Customers balk at paying high prices for the roll-off dumpster

What do you guys find most effective and pleasing to the customer? Is there some option im missing?

Is this a serious post?! ....charge more..... what's wrong with you?

Florida Gardener
03-04-2011, 11:04 PM
man, i think you should just do the property for free too.....

You have to charge man. Round here, the town picks up debris at least once/week, sometimes 2x/week depending on what town you live in. There are some high end hoods where you have to take debris with you. You have to build that into the price if you have to haul off. Don't let customers dictate what you will do.

knox gsl
03-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Check and see if your local roll off services will provide you a 40 yard dumpster at your shop and then have them dump it when its loaded and you save alot of time an fuel by having a dump at your shop. I would still charge the customer a tip or dump fee though.