PDA

View Full Version : Biding On a Property

MICHPLOWER
03-04-2011, 09:52 PM
When biding on a potential new customer do you measure the entire property?
For the guys who use a measuring wheel to bid a property. Do you just measure (Length X Width) total property including the house, garage, etc... or do you just measure the green area?

Thanks in advance for any input or help.

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
03-04-2011, 10:14 PM
We have never measured a property. I always go look at it and I can tell how long it will take for everything. After I know how long it will take i just figure in my hourly rate.

kilgoja
03-05-2011, 01:14 AM
yeah I never measured before...every yard is gonna be a slightly different size for the most part.....the more yards you cut you will figure out how long a yard will take to cut...the ones that are hard to figure out are the really big yards and you can't go by what the owners say..i've had people tell me their yard was an acre and it was only a half acre lol...on a really big yard i just give them an estimate saying between $ and $...if i'm unsure of the time it will take...then after i do it i know how long it takes so i can give an accurate bid

Johnny test
03-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I look at the property via Google earth then compare it's size and difficulty with other contracts. When I say say compare I mean I compare with a time vs size vs difficulty equation. If I have a property that I know takes 3 hrs and I know my property in question is three times the size wit the same difficulty then I charge three times the price. This is just for the mowing portion of the bid. Pruning and what not are different.