PDA

View Full Version : Sedge?

lawnsurfer
07-17-2000, 11:09 PM
On one of my accounts here in Orlando,Florida I have a lawn with a terrible Sedge problem. The customer is one of those who likes to take care of the chemical side of maintaining the yard. I just do the basic cut, edge, trim , and blow. He has tried various treatments and none worked or the directions were very difficult to adhere to( i.e. treat after grass has not been mowed after two weeks of summer growth,bag after)The chems were bought at Lesco and were pro use.(one was called T-ban I think) I was wondering what you all would suggest to combat the problem, it is, nutsedge.Would bagging help? It is like cutting hay. Help, Thanks.

ant
07-18-2000, 08:49 PM
up north on cool season grasses i use manage from montsanto co. at the rate of .9 grams per gal of H2O per 1000 sf. WITH 1/4 oz of spreader sticker

Evan528
07-19-2000, 02:20 PM
2.5 ounces of trimec plus to a gallon of water takes care of nutsedge! You wont even see any effect for about 3 weeks then all the sudden it stops growing and in another week its brown and dead. Slow but very effective.

Stinger
07-19-2000, 09:23 PM
Use Manage & be sure to apply a surfactant or some liquid soap to make sure it stays put.

lawnsurfer
07-20-2000, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. I was wondering one more thing. Does bagging the lawn with Sedge help with the process? Is it possible to spread the Sedge with it being on the equiptment. Thanks again.<p><p><p><br>

Stinger
07-20-2000, 10:18 AM
No, bagging doesen't matter and it can't spread by contact with your equipment like spores from a fungus.

TurfMan
07-20-2000, 09:05 PM
Try Basagran t/o. it works very well also and is not as expensive as Manage. MSMA also works.

NeilG
07-22-2000, 05:43 PM
Ditto on the Manage and Trimec. I have used both, and the Manage will be effective on two types of sedge. I have also used Image, and it seems to do a good job also. Just one more product to add to the arsenal. Be sure to add some sort of sticker/spreader....