PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Redmax 2350 trimmer?

AllAmericanlawn
03-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Anyone using this trimmer or any experience with it? Any details about it? Thinking about buying it. It only weighs 9.5lbs. I want a light trimmer but not extremley underpowered. Also wanted to try Redmax, tired of shindaiwa.

jiggz
03-05-2011, 02:04 AM
that trimmer is simply amazing..my friend called me up one day and said there was a new one at a Pawn shop up the street from his house they were asking 100 bucks for it if i wanted to check it out I said no but told him to buy it.. beings it would be great for his house.. I amways made fun of him cause Redmax calles it the "light duty trimmer" telling him to get a real mans tool and such just busting balls.. anyway one day my 26cc died on me and i was around his house so i picked up the little guy to finish up my route.. i fell in love.. il be buying a couple this year..honestly it was soo hard going back to my 2610 even at 11 1/2 lbs if felt like 200 compared to that thing.. plenty of power for mild trimming edging and such .. its got a steal shaft.. I never had to have it even near full throttle

good luck man

Alekfarmer
03-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I just ran one yesterday for 20 minutes. Im used to my echo 265, i love the redmax 2350. I cant wait to buy one within the next week or so. It was a beast and weighs nothing. I was very impressed

Alan0354
03-06-2011, 02:17 PM
You tried Husqvarna 223 or 326 trimmers? Lightest and powerful, reliable and not cold nature.

Landrus2
03-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Anyone using this trimmer or any experience with it? Any details about it? Thinking about buying it. It only weighs 9.5lbs. I want a light trimmer but not extremley underpowered. Also wanted to try Redmax, tired of shindaiwa.

The 2350 in May is a little under powered when grass is at full grow

Alekfarmer
03-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Do i buy a Redmax 2350 for $239 shipped, no tax. Or a Husky 223 for $250 + tax?

genesis215
03-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I own a TR2300S, which is the exact same thing as the TR2350S, just 5 years older. It is very light. Very easy to start, takes 1 pull in 30 degrees if you prime it 10 times. I've had it for two years, and it's never given a problem. It doesn't vibrate much, and it does have a steel shaft. It has enough power for regularly maintained lawns, but it won't have enough power on southern grasses like bermuda. I prefer my Kawasaki KGT27A by far though, as it weighs about the same, but has a 26.3cc engine instead of 21.7cc.

BTW, I'm selling mine, as I want a big 30cc weedeater. Mine is available for $130 plus shipping if you're interested. It has only about 25 hours on it max, and is in great shape.

castlerockmo
03-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Do i buy a Redmax 2350 for $239 shipped, no tax. Or a Husky 223 for $250 + tax?

I used to have a few of the 223l now I have 326/327ls love em best trimmer I have ever used! They will run for ever. I got about 500hrs out of my 223 and the 326 I have one will over 3000hours
Posted via Mobile Device

Southern Pride
03-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Yes yes buy it asap. You will fall in love. I have used every trimmer there is, been trimming since I was 11. Used the husq', stihl (BOO), and ofcourse echo (reliable but too heavy) I bought my 2350 this last year and it's the best trimmer I have EVER used. It has plenty of power unless you're trimming uncut fields made for a bushhog or something rediculous. I hear guys talk about how powerful weedeaters are all the time which is irrelevant. What's important with trimmers is WEIGHT and this sucker is light as a feather and has all the power you'll ever need. What needs alot of power is blowers, not trimmers. I never have to run it wide open, ever. It's great. I could trim 20 houses in a day and my arm wouldn't even be sore the next day.

I can't say enough great things about it. I wanna buy 2 more this season just for the heck of it. Buy it asap.

Also I'd like to say it isn't cold natured at all, runs PERFECT. It sat on my trimmer rack for 5 months. I put some gas in the other day primed and it fired up in 2 pulls and never once bogged at all. Don't listen to anyone that says their shindawai or stihl crap trimmers are as light or reliable as this thing. Trust me, I know my trimmers.

Southern Pride
03-06-2011, 10:24 PM
IT wouldn't let me edit so let me just say buy it and use it on a couple yards, get back on here and thank us for pushing you to get it.

Alekfarmer
03-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Im thinking ima have to get one. Wisesales has them for $239 shipped!

Southern Pride
03-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Yea I paid around 250 for mine at the local dealer including tax. Even though I'm solo I occassionally use help so I'm definitely buying another as soon as I get $250 free once cuttings get going.

Merkava_4
03-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Yes yes buy it asap. You will fall in love. I have used every trimmer there is, been trimming since I was 11. Used the husq', stihl (BOO), and ofcourse echo (reliable but too heavy) I bought my 2350 this last year and it's the best trimmer I have EVER used. It has plenty of power unless you're trimming uncut fields made for a bushhog or something rediculous. I hear guys talk about how powerful weedeaters are all the time which is irrelevant. What's important with trimmers is WEIGHT and this sucker is light as a feather and has all the power you'll ever need. What needs alot of power is blowers, not trimmers. I never have to run it wide open, ever. It's great. I could trim 20 houses in a day and my arm wouldn't even be sore the next day.

I can't say enough great things about it. I wanna buy 2 more this season just for the heck of it. Buy it asap.

Also I'd like to say it isn't cold natured at all, runs PERFECT. It sat on my trimmer rack for 5 months. I put some gas in the other day primed and it fired up in 2 pulls and never once bogged at all. Don't listen to anyone that says their shindawai or stihl crap trimmers are as light or reliable as this thing. Trust me, I know my trimmers.

SOLD!!!!

You sold me!! Not only do I want to buy one, I want to sleep with it when it gets here. Whisper sweet nothings in it's muffler. :D

AllAmericanlawn
03-06-2011, 10:31 PM
The price is really hard to beet, i think i am gonna try one. Really been wanting a superlite style trimmer and i dont see a better option.

Southern Pride
03-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Well good, It nor I will let you down with what I've said thus far. It's such a great trimmer it deserves it's own thread. Be sure to reply back once you use it with how you like it and that goes to the OP too if you end up buying one.

The great thing about these is most guys just don't know about them or LCO's never do any trimming themselves so who cares right? Wrong. I feel like I need to get another before they run out. If everyone was like me and loved the lightest trimmer possible, great brand name, reliability, price, then these things would be on big time back order. I think I subconciously didn't create a thread about these so people wouldn't know but I must admit they are the truth.

All of you buy one and report back in here! AND NO, redmax is not paying me to say this. Well in a way they are, I used to hate weedeating and edging until these came out.

rwaters
03-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Im thinking ima have to get one. Wisesales has them for $239 shipped!

no read the shipping info at wisesales. you have to pay for insurance as well, that will take the price up $15 so the 250 at the dealer after taxes would have saved him money. Plus it is not sales tax it is sales and USE tax. If you look it up your state still says you owe the tax and can FINE you for not paying it.

Alekfarmer
03-06-2011, 11:24 PM
wait what? how will the state know i bought it? Damnit i was happy at $239 your raining on my parade lol

Alekfarmer
03-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Dude louisiana wont give a crap about that. dirty south

Alekfarmer
03-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Are there any differences between the 2301 and 2350? i know the handles different. Any emissions stuff different? I can get both.

rwaters
03-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Are there any differences between the 2301 and 2350? i know the handles different. Any emissions stuff different? I can get both.

well they are getting guys here, just hope you do not get audited I guess... I am just trying to be honest about the tax thing, I own an online store myself and try to warn people. the 2301 has a different tank and I think a different on off switch then the 2350. Other then that I can not think of anything else. I would have to have one of each in front of me or tell you for sure and all I have at the shop is a 2350.

Also another thing of note and the reason I do not sell redmax online is the warranty statement says we have to start the engine before it leaves the shop for the warranty to be valid. I know redmax does not know if that happened or not but the dealership could be a pill if you did not buy it from him, and redmax could run numbers for the same and start to deny waranty claims if you happened to have one. As I said before fair disclosure, in most cases this is not a problem.

jimsbim
03-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Genesis 215, do you still have your redmax 2350 for sale?

genesis215
03-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Genesis 215, do you still have your redmax 2350 for sale?

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy, but yes, I still have it.

Here's the link to the photos of it. And I will sell it for $130 plus shipping.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3563689#post3563689

GrandMaster
03-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Stihl and shindawia are better. Will out last and take more abuse. I do like my redmax but i use it as a weed beater only. The weight helps a trimmer hold steady not jumping as bad. Go to the gym and get off the couch it a 272 is what you call heavy. LOL:weightlifter:

Southern Pride
03-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Stihl and shindawia are better. Will out last and take more abuse.

False. Stihl and shindawai are unncessarily heavy, won't start well unless it's warm, and sure as hell won't last any longer. You can think you're strong because you choose to use a heavier trimmer but it doesn't make you smarter. I have no idea what the heck you're talking about the weight and jumping trimmer?

You want a good chainsaw? Buy a stihl. Not trimmer.

Redmax tr2350s F T W.

GrandMaster
03-26-2011, 04:10 PM
False. Stihl and shindawai are unncessarily heavy, won't start well unless it's warm, and sure as hell won't last any longer. You can think you're strong because you choose to use a heavier trimmer but it doesn't make you smarter. I have no idea what the heck you're talking about the weight and jumping trimmer?

You want a good chainsaw? Buy a stihl. Not trimmer.

Redmax tr2350s F T W.

HMMMMM? Nice strong opinion but your wrong and I know its hard for you to accept that! You've had a rough childhood and you just want to be heard. Get some more experience before you give a opinion! LOL:weightlifter::dizzy:

Southern Pride
03-26-2011, 04:23 PM
HMMMMM? Nice strong opinion but your wrong and I know its hard for you to accept that! You've had a rough childhood and you just want to be heard. Get some more experience before you give a opinion! LOL:weightlifter::dizzy:

haha nice hypothesis there but unfortunately...you're way off. I've ran 3 or 4 different company with stihl and shindawai trimmers along with the husqvarnas, before they bought redmax. Neither i nor the mexicans would touch the stihl trimmers. Why grab an overweight piece of crap that you'll be left trying to start when the other guys husq starts on first pull and he's off. The owner eventually sold them on craigslist and got us all husq trimmers which is essentially what the redmax tr2350s.

I've had a great childhood and life :D I was born with a trimmer in hand and I know you want to seem like the big tough guy, and that's fine, but you're just not that intelligent. You revert to my childhood over a trimmer debate? Ha weak. You are right that I want to be heard. I just don't want someone to see your post and go spend wayy too much money on a wayyy inferior piece of equipment. That is all :walking:

Southern Pride
03-26-2011, 04:26 PM
btw, there is a thread titled "tone of a post" in commercial and residential that you need to go spend ALL day reading.

LawnboyBrother
04-03-2011, 09:45 PM
The 2350 is the best trimmer you will ever use. Enough power for line trimming and incredible 9lb weight.

Southern Pride
04-03-2011, 10:28 PM
The 2350 is the best trimmer you will ever use. Enough power for line trimming and incredible 9lb weight.

You know it brother. Actually I just customized mine a little to make it perfect. Just installed the 375 speed feed head on it, so I can re-line it in under 30 seconds without having to take anything apart. NOW I possess the perfect trimmer.

PM me if you need any info about the speed-feed heads, but basically, aside from the 2350s, their the best thing ever created. Youtube speedfeed trimmer head if you want to see how it works. $30 shipped.

Alekfarmer
04-03-2011, 10:28 PM
I ended up buying the redmax 2450t and love it. Way better than my echo srm-265, which never had any problems, just heavy and not enough power. This torque head has more power than my echo by far, and its way lighter. This redmax burns at least 2 times as much fuel for some weird reason. STRANGE. But great piece of equipment, very satisfied.

Southern Pride
04-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Alekfarmer, check out my post above yours about these speed-feed heads for all types of trimmers. Watch a video of them. After installing my 375 on my 2350s, I LOVE them. I think everyone atleast needs to be made aware of these heads. You can re-line in not even 30 seconds without having to take the head apart at all. Just pull out your line feed it through and it lines itself.

AllAmericanlawn
04-03-2011, 10:50 PM
I ended up buying the redmax 2450t and love it. Way better than my echo srm-265, which never had any problems, just heavy and not enough power. This torque head has more power than my echo by far, and its way lighter. This redmax burns at least 2 times as much fuel for some weird reason. STRANGE. But great piece of equipment, very satisfied.

Maybe gas tank is smaller on redmax? Double the fuel can add up fuel costs quick. I would rather have the performance than the fuel usage though.

Southern Pride
04-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Maybe gas tank is smaller on redmax? Double the fuel can add up fuel costs quick. I would rather have the performance than the fuel usage though.

Damn right. My small Echo will run on a full tank ALL DAY, but my big bada$$ Echo 770ht will run through a full tank in one hour. It is a hoss, and I prefer it that way.

mowcrazy
04-03-2011, 11:29 PM
I own a TR2300S, which is the exact same thing as the TR2350S, just 5 years older. It is very light. Very easy to start, takes 1 pull in 30 degrees if you prime it 10 times. I've had it for two years, and it's never given a problem. It doesn't vibrate much, and it does have a steel shaft. It has enough power for regularly maintained lawns, but it won't have enough power on southern grasses like bermuda. I prefer my Kawasaki KGT27A by far though, as it weighs about the same, but has a 26.3cc engine instead of 21.7cc.

BTW, I'm selling mine, as I want a big 30cc weedeater. Mine is available for $130 plus shipping if you're interested. It has only about 25 hours on it max, and is in great shape.

I sent you a pm also but do you still have the trimmer for sale??? Thank you..

genesis215
04-04-2011, 09:59 AM
It's been sold, thanks.

Alekfarmer
04-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Actually the redmax has a 21 oz tank and the echo had a 16.9 oz. I use a whole tank in probably 1.5 hours. I want a speedfeed head bad, this redmax head is bothering me. It lets out less line per tap than an echo promatic head though, my line seems to be lasting me longer with this redmax head.

Alekfarmer
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
wait im thinking my 1.5 hour yard uses a whole tank. Only half of that is trimming, so a tank last me 45 minutes of straight weed eating.