PDA

View Full Version : Which should I get?

Green Industry Pro
03-05-2011, 02:05 AM
I am probably going to purchase another backpack blower next week. It will either be a Redmax ebz7100, or Shindaiwa eb802. I am aware these machines arent in the same class as far as power/ performance are concerned, but I would like your opinions and thoughts as to which one is a better machine. I want to buy the best machine, period. I am open to all advice and any opinions, so even if you have a suggestion that leads me toward another brand, I would still like your thoughts. Currently, I am leaning toward the Shindy 802.

God Bless America:usflag::usflag::usflag:

ashgrove landscaping
03-05-2011, 09:16 AM
My 7001 red max has lasted me 8 yrs. and counting. Still runs like a champ. Light, comfortable and plenty of power. I tried the stihl br 600 and did not like it. The red max did a better job side by side. Just to give you a comparison. I'm sure the shindy is very capable and comparable, I just don't have any experience with them.

whosedog
03-05-2011, 11:31 AM
We have both but the shindy is way more comfortable to use.Powerwise both pretty much the same IMO.

Landrus2
03-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I am probably going to purchase another backpack blower next week. It will either be a Redmax ebz7100, or Shindaiwa eb802. I am aware these machines arent in the same class as far as power/ performance are concerned, but I would like your opinions and thoughts as to which one is a better machine. I want to buy the best machine, period. I am open to all advice and any opinions, so even if you have a suggestion that leads me toward another brand, I would still like your thoughts. Currently, I am leaning toward the Shindy 802.

God Bless America:usflag::usflag::usflag:

have you seen the redmax 8050

trooper8870
03-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Stay away from Stihl. All of my Stihl equipment has been absolute GARBAGE. I will probably try out the Redmax handhelds next!! I've heard some pretty good things about them. I believe it is made by Husqvarna. Anyone know for sure?

Landrus2
03-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Stay away from Stihl. All of my Stihl equipment has been absolute GARBAGE. I will probably try out the Redmax handhelds next!! I've heard some pretty good things about them. I believe it is made by Husqvarna. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks I was about to try one they seem very light

oldclawn
03-05-2011, 12:07 PM
This subject has been horribly beat to death in thousands of threads!!

dishboy
03-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I have the redmax 7001 and the S.802. They are both very good units, the RM has excellent velocity out the nozzle but the S. puts out more CFM, moves more leaves, is quieter, has less vibration from the blower and is more comfortable. I would buy the Shindiawa.

Green Industry Pro
03-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to buy the Shindaiwa 802. Which throttle do you guys suggest--hip mount or tube mount?

Sammy
03-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Stay away from Stihl. All of my Stihl equipment has been absolute GARBAGE. ............

I would go with Stihl. All of my Stihl equipment has been absolutely GREAT !

rob7233
03-07-2011, 12:38 AM
The RM 7001 is the sister to the older but stone reliable Shindaiwa EB630 (it was/is bulletproof).

The Shin EB802 is even more powerful than either and should be as reliable and trouble free as their earlier models. I haven't heard any bad on the EB802and it's still a 2 stroker. I have several Shindaiwa EB630 and EB8510 and don't have issues or problems with any of them.

whosedog
03-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to buy the Shindaiwa 802. Which throttle do you guys suggest--hip mount or tube mount?

We have the hip mount,but if I had to choose again, would go w/ tube mount cause lots of times when wearing a sweatshirt etc. I have difficulty trying to find where that throttle is when I first strap it on ,it's hiding from me lol

mictrik
03-07-2011, 11:46 AM
I expect they are about the same in terms of reliability with the newer EB802 being a little more powerful & more comfortable. I just used my eb802 it was 30º & it started second pull as always. I let it warm up 45 sec & it was good to go.

Green Industry Pro
03-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Well guys, I went to go get my Shindaiwa 802 today, but my Shindaiwa dealer moved to another location and no longer carries the brand. Most of the other dealers in my area arent carrying Shindaiwa anymore due to Redmax being more popular here ( I'd say 70% of our market) and having better availability and just being an easier product to carry. Therefore this provides better and more stable service. Well, I bit the bullet and bought a Redmax EBZ8001. I was deeply concerned that the machine would end up being too heavy and I wanted it to be perfect since it costs so freakin much and my budget leaves no room for error. Me and my brother got to use it a bit this afternoon and all of my doubts were put to rest. This machine is a pure beast. I could probably put my other blowers on the ground and blow them down the street, literally blowing the competition away. It started on the 2nd pull and ran like a champ. After it was hot, it was starting on the first pull. It had been raining on and off all day long and this machine was clearing paved services completely, and I even used it on a small leaf/ pine straw ( also wet) cleanup and it handled that effortlessly. I can't imagine how efficiently we can work in dryer conditions. I know this is a heavy machine compared to others, but I am a fairly stout guy and so far, the weight doesnt seem to be a problem at all. I had been contemplating buying the EBZ7100, but after trying this machine, this is probably the only machine I will use. I cant complement it enough at this point. If you have any questions about this beast, feel free to ask me :) I'm very satisfied.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Southern Pride
03-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I want to buy the best machine, period.

Then you want the echo pb770. Not only does it blow harder but it circulates cool air on your back for those 1000 degree days.

I own the echo and have used the redmax and shindy you are reffering to, wasn't impressed.

Edit: I see you bought the bigger redmax, which is comparably same power as my echo, except the A/C factor :D I have used redmax ALOT throughout the years. You made a good choice.

Grass Shark
03-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Never used the shindy, but we run redmaxs and I will never stray from that brand!

Green Industry Pro
03-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Then you want the echo pb770. Not only does it blow harder but it circulates cool air on your back for those 1000 degree days.

I own the echo and have used the redmax and shindy you are reffering to, wasn't impressed.

Edit: I see you bought the bigger redmax, which is comparably same power as my echo, except the A/C factor :D I have used redmax ALOT throughout the years. You made a good choice.

Thanks man, however the particular blower I bought also circulates air from the housing onto your back. I guess me and you both will be chilling during those hot summer days :D I can't wait until fall cleanups start again to see how this baby performs :P

Green Industry Pro
03-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Never used the shindy, but we run redmaxs and I will never stray from that brand!

This is my first Redmax and so far I'm extremely impressed. I'll just have to see if I'm saying the same thing next year. I'm pretty sure I will.

Southern Pride
03-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks man, however the particular blower I bought also circulates air from the housing onto your back. I guess me and you both will be chilling during those hot summer days :D I can't wait until fall cleanups start again to see how this baby performs :P

What, the redmax 8002 (or whatever, the big one) you got also circulates air and has the holes in the backrest? That's crazy. They sure don't seem to advertise that at all.

I love redmax and echo just about the same. Redmax makes the best lightest weight trimmer I have ever used. Haven't heard or used one better yet. Their blowers are obviously proven and Echo products have always been extremely reliable to me (decades + of service blower/trimmer) If it weren't for the new PB770 that is a BEAST, I would not have bought Echo at all.

Would have bought redmax all the way. I swore by those blowers most of the years up until now until they made the 770. I do want one later on maybe.

Grass Shark
03-09-2011, 09:59 AM
What, the redmax 8002 (or whatever, the big one) you got also circulates air and has the holes in the backrest? That's crazy. They sure don't seem to advertise that at all.

Yes it most certainly does. Kind of sucks on the colder fall & spring mornings. Its like a block of ice on your back. But it is well worth it when it is 100 degrees out! Come to think of it they don't market it at all.

turftracerhp
03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
i have a brand new shindy c4 back pack hat i never use that i will sell u if you want to save some money.its up to you.