PDA

View Full Version : Blade sharpening with dedicated sharpener vs bench grinder.

nobagger
03-05-2011, 11:13 AM
For this who have a dedicated blade sharpener is or was there much difference in the out come vs using a bench grinder? We've just used an 8" Delta bench grinder for the past couple seasons but I can never get the same look as the dealer does, often resulting in burnt and/or rounded ends, uneven angles etc. One thing I'm going to focus on this year is better maintenance now that we have a nice shop to work in. We usually (or try to) sharpen blades every couple weeks in the spring but again, now that I have a roof over or heads we can now do it every 3-5 days which in the spring and early summer is all we can really get away with in the north with wet Fescue everywhere.

Magna-Matic
03-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Hello,

Please take a moment to review our equipment. We are the oldest and most comprehensive rotary lawn mower blade service tool company in the industry. In 1958 we invented the lawn mower blade balancer, and we also make the only sharpeners in the industry that will not burn your blades - and will consistently grind a 30 degree angle.

www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com (online store)

Or feel free to call if you would like to further discuss your specific application.

Thank you,