PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Break-away

MOturkey
03-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Stupid question, I suppose, but what do you use to attach the trailer break-away cable to the tow vehicle? I assume there is some type of clip, etc, that would work, but I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. Thanks.

djagusch
03-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Don't know what is called but the latch I use looks like a rock climbing thing. A oval with a spring loaded side that you push in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oakleaf landscape
03-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Carabiner.

http://www.mrcarabiner.com/gear_shop/Mammut-Bionic-Mytholito-Screwlock-Carabiner.html

TNGrassCutter
03-05-2011, 12:34 PM
I put the loop around the hitch pin then put the cotter pin thru the end. Or a clip and clip it on the loop where you hook your chains.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landrus2
03-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Hope it helps

SouthSide Cutter
03-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Don't know what is called but the latch I use looks like a rock climbing thing. A oval with a spring loaded side that you push in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Same thing I use. Can find them anywhere. Just clip it in the same place as safety chains.

kilgoja
03-05-2011, 02:29 PM
just be sure you have plenty of slack in that thing...lol...those things can be dangerous...if you turn sharp it can pull it out slaming the brakes on the trailer on..this happened to my dad pulling a huge camper...luckily he was only going like 1mph when it happened lol