PDA

View Full Version : 21" Lawn Solutions Aerator Demo

Yerkz
03-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Demoed the 21" lawn solution aerator today. It had a 5.5hp Honda engine with single hydro selling for $3,499.00. This machine is new to the place I demoed it at so they didn't know much about it and didn't have an owner's manual. I was hoping someone on here could answer a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to adjust the depth of the plugs pulled. We didn't see anyway to adjust it and it was pulling about 2" plugs.
2. They are selling with only 1 weight and the two additional weights are options. Anybody know how much they run.

As for the demo, the engine ran good once we got it going. The ease of operation of this aerator is amazing. There is no comparing it to the rental units around here (bluebird). It will cut the time to aerate in half and not leave you beat at the end of the day. The only draw back I saw was in the transport mode. This part was not the best. I think having the hydro on the rear wheels would eliminate that problem. I will definitely be purchasing an aerator, but not sure about the price. Turfco's got identical machine except bigger 24" and are running a 10% discount through April $2,995.00. The problem with that is nobody around here sells them and they are factory direct. Maybe going with the dual hydro 24" for around $4,200.00 might make more sense in the long run. Anybody have any thoughts on that or answers to the above questions.

LawnSolutionsCP
03-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Manuals are on our website. www.lawnsolutionscp.com

Website is currently under construction but there basics are there.

Your questions:

Yes you can adjust the height....there are depth brackets on both sides of the machine.
There is an extra 100 lbs of weights you can add....2 on the back and 1 on the front.

I personally like the Briggs engine and is easier to start and smoother...but you won't really understand what I mean until you try it....it is also $250 less cost. We sell about 95% of them with this setup. The Briggs engine suprised me when we first tried it!

Yerkz
03-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am thinkin about going with the Briggs engine. The dealer doesn't have any, but said you could ship in a couple of days. I hope so cause I will need it in 2 weeks. As I posted earlier I was blown away by the ease of operation. Glad there is an alternative to the bluebird rentals in my area. If there wansn't then I would not offer aeration at all cause they are not worth the strain.

turfcobob
03-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Demoed the 21" lawn solution aerator today. It had a 5.5hp Honda engine with single hydro selling for $3,499.00. This machine is new to the place I demoed it at so they didn't know much about it and didn't have an owner's manual. I was hoping someone on here could answer a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to adjust the depth of the plugs pulled. We didn't see anyway to adjust it and it was pulling about 2" plugs.
2. They are selling with only 1 weight and the two additional weights are options. Anybody know how much they run.

As for the demo, the engine ran good once we got it going. The ease of operation of this aerator is amazing. There is no comparing it to the rental units around here (bluebird). It will cut the time to aerate in half and not leave you beat at the end of the day. The only draw back I saw was in the transport mode. This part was not the best. I think having the hydro on the rear wheels would eliminate that problem. I will definitely be purchasing an aerator, but not sure about the price. Turfco's got identical machine except bigger 24" and are running a 10% discount through April $2,995.00. The problem with that is nobody around here sells them and they are factory direct. Maybe going with the dual hydro 24" for around $4,200.00 might make more sense in the long run. Anybody have any thoughts on that or answers to the above questions.

Do not let the Direct Sales keep you from making your decision. Turfco has servicing dealers all over the US & Canada. If you have a problem you do not want to deal with the Turfco Service department can direct you to a dealer. Also we have parts (if needed) to you overnight. Service on the Turfco is very easy as the entire rear panel lifts off so you can clean / service the tine real area sitting in a chair. The chains are on the outside of the unit and covered up for longer life and less service. You can even adjust them without removing the covers. After 61 years of servicing the industry Turfco takes care of their customers.

sildoc
03-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Do not let the Direct Sales keep you from making your decision. Turfco has servicing dealers all over the US & Canada. If you have a problem you do not want to deal with the Turfco Service department can direct you to a dealer. Also we have parts (if needed) to you overnight. Service on the Turfco is very easy as the entire rear panel lifts off so you can clean / service the tine real area sitting in a chair. The chains are on the outside of the unit and covered up for longer life and less service. You can even adjust them without removing the covers. After 61 years of servicing the industry Turfco takes care of their customers.

The very reason I didn't buy one. You are not delivering till May! How can I make money when you all are out of stock.

jay12
03-08-2011, 08:29 PM
No complaints with my ls aerator. I wouldnt use it when it was bone dry, but we used it today, soil was damp and it was pulling steady 2 1/2 to 3 in plugs. The ls is a good machine, as are the xt5 from what Ive seen

lawncuttinfoo
03-23-2011, 05:24 PM
I used a LS aerator for the first time last fall and took some notes about possible improvements. Dual hydros and moving the drive wheels to the back, wow before I can even suggest it they are releasing a new machine with exactly that, can't wait to try it.

One question, on the 21" I noticed that the hydro was very stiff, almost to the point where putting it in reverse was as hard as dropping the tines on one of those old back breaker style aerators.

Was there possibly something not set correctly or are the hydro controls supposed to be that stiff?

LawnSolutionsCP
03-23-2011, 06:10 PM
I used a LS aerator for the first time last fall and took some notes about possible improvements. Dual hydros and moving the drive wheels to the back, wow before I can even suggest it they are releasing a new machine with exactly that, can't wait to try it.

One question, on the 21" I noticed that the hydro was very stiff, almost to the point where putting it in reverse was as hard as dropping the tines on one of those old back breaker style aerators.

Was there possibly something not set correctly or are the hydro controls supposed to be that stiff?

We limit the reverse out of the factory....you can make an easy adustment and speed it up by moving the reverse stop bracket on the handle.

We don't know if they are gong commerical or rental so we make them all slow in reverse but it can be easily changed in 2-3 minutes.

LawnSolutionsCP
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
The little bracket in the middle with the oblong holes.....we install it all the way up as shown to limit revers....just move it down some.

fatboynormmie
03-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Sweet thanks David will be adjusting that tomorrow.Hey you might want to consider putting wheel scraper's on the back wheels as they cake up with mud or damp soil and it makes a mess on hard surfaces while rolling over them.My classen has them and works rather well .

Yerkz
03-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Is there an adjustment to make the 21" faster going forward? I have done 9 yards thus far and am averaging 90 minutes on 1/2 acre lots. It is advertised to do .89/an hour. Mine has the Honda engine.

fatboynormmie
03-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Adjusted the reverse stop on my unit and it made a huge difference.Now we need to tweak the forward speed.

Exact Rototilling
03-27-2011, 08:01 PM
BlueBird 530 vs. Lawn Solutions 21" WB in 1/2" thatch

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3959703#post3959703

fatboynormmie
03-28-2011, 01:34 AM
BlueBird 530 vs. Lawn Solutions 21" WB in 1/2" thatch

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=3959703#post3959703

blue bird vs Lawnsolution vs plugr best review so far with picture proof!!!!!

sildoc
04-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Is there an adjustment to make the 21" faster going forward? I have done 9 yards thus far and am averaging 90 minutes on 1/2 acre lots. It is advertised to do .89/an hour. Mine has the Honda engine.

I agree, I have had this machine for a week now and have done well over 100 aerations and I am ready for the rabbit speed to work. I could have done well over 200 by now if it were faster. I think their speed is off since I have mowers that mow at 4mph and I walk comfortably and this is so sloooooowwwwww! Tell me what I need to do to make it faster. It is in no means what is advertised!

LawnSolutionsCP
04-29-2011, 06:15 AM
I agree, I have had this machine for a week now and have done well over 100 aerations and I am ready for the rabbit speed to work. I could have done well over 200 by now if it were faster. I think their speed is off since I have mowers that mow at 4mph and I walk comfortably and this is so sloooooowwwwww! Tell me what I need to do to make it faster. It is in no means what is advertised!

Adjust the cable that goes to the transmission so when you press the handle you get full stroke on the hydro.

You don't want to be stretching the cable where is it always bottoming out but just to the point of full stroke.

It will be obvious once you take close look how it works.

David

sildoc
04-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Adjust the cable that goes to the transmission so when you press the handle you get full stroke on the hydro.

You don't want to be stretching the cable where is it always bottoming out but just to the point of full stroke.

It will be obvious once you take close look how it works.

David

Thanks David, I realize you sell these to rental companies also, however maybe you could include a paper that tells how to adjust the forward and backward speed so us commercial guys can get more out of the machine.
Thanks

Service 1st Lawn Care
04-29-2011, 09:05 PM

Doesn't seem this machine is as advertised, seems everyone complaining of the speed. What kind of plugs you guys pulling?

sildoc
04-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Doesn't seem this machine is as advertised, seems everyone complaining of the speed. What kind of plugs you guys pulling?

it is pulling good plugs, right around 3" from factory with a good inch adjustment. I did adjust my speed today and was way better. did right around 3 acres today and took 5 hours. thats 15 properties for a total of 3 acres. would have taken me 8-9 hours other wise.

RABBITMAN11
04-29-2011, 09:24 PM

Why did you high jack a thread that was clearly about lawn solutions?

LawnSolutionsCP
04-29-2011, 09:36 PM
it is pulling good plugs, right around 3" from factory with a good inch adjustment. I did adjust my speed today and was way better. did right around 3 acres today and took 5 hours. thats 15 properties for a total of 3 acres. would have taken me 8-9 hours other wise.

So would it be easy to say it is the best aerator you have ever use?

Easiest Aerator you have ever used?

Best plugs you have ever pulled?

Most productive?

Best money maker?

Any regrets?

We are always looking for ways to make them better....and yes we are always working to make them better!

djagusch
04-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Why did you high jack a thread that was clearly about lawn solutions?

He was replying to a statement about no dealers around. Stating that there is and how it all works. I see no problem given ls members this info if they don't know.
Posted via Mobile Device

sildoc
04-29-2011, 09:48 PM

Most productive?

Best money maker?

Any regrets?

We are always looking for ways to make them better....and yes we are always working to make them better!

Send me your direct email and I will give you my input. I have some minor dislikes and some disappointments but over all It is a good machine.

Money Maker yes but all aerators are.

Best plugs? a close second could be first but will address that with you in my email.

Most productive. Getting there, and after talking to your tech this morning I think it could be.

Easiest to use. tied the plugr is right in there

Any Regrets. no and hope there will be none.

I am for giving my opinion and input for every commercial machine I have used, and will give it for free, in hopes that I can get the best equipment for the price. In turn each and every one of us will profit! :)

sildoc
05-08-2011, 11:05 PM

Most productive?

Best money maker?

Any regrets?

Sent you an email. I am still concerned on the forward speed. It is not any where close to what your advertising. I had a 1/2 acre square area with nothing in the way. Did circles till I met in the middle. It took me 1.25 hours. Even at 80% efficiency it isn't even close to what you say it is suppose to do. Don't get me wrong this is a great aerator but I am looking for speed! This aerator can be faster by far, How can I make it that way???? At least what you advertise it at!

LawnSolutionsCP
05-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Send me a PM with your contact info so I can ask you some questions.

fatboynormmie
05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey sildoc keep us posted on your findings .I would like to see this kept out in the open forum instead of behind closed doors. I'm interested in speeding my unit up as well.Good Luck

HISnHERS
05-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Ditto what he said ^^^^^^^^

fatboynormmie
05-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Hey sildoc you and David come to any conclusions to making your unit faster?Was there something you had to adjust?Did David offer to build you special ratio pulleys to make your machine faster?Inquiring minds want to know.

sildoc
05-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Hey sildoc you and David come to any conclusions to making your unit faster?Was there something you had to adjust?Did David offer to build you special ratio pulleys to make your machine faster?Inquiring minds want to know.

Out come so far is I need to tighten the belt, David swears it will make it faster. I will do that today. Hit with a flourish of spring growth this week so no time to test till friday where I have 18 lawns lined up and hopefully can do 25! I haven't inquired yet on the upgrades I want to get this one running the way it should and then in the summer, when we don't have a ton of aerations to do, I will get more serious on gearing and more tines.
I will keep every one posted.
Like I keep saying this is a fantastic machine, just not meeting my speed requirements and I know it can do it!

sildoc
05-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Out come so far is I need to tighten the belt, David swears it will make it faster. I will do that today. Hit with a flourish of spring growth this week so no time to test till friday where I have 18 lawns lined up and hopefully can do 25! I haven't inquired yet on the upgrades I want to get this one running the way it should and then in the summer, when we don't have a ton of aerations to do, I will get more serious on gearing and more tines.
I will keep every one posted.
Like I keep saying this is a fantastic machine, just not meeting my speed requirements and I know it can do it!

Alright, figured it out. see pics. I thought this nut was loose. boy once I tightened it the aerator came alive. super fast and what I was looking for. Only disappointment was that the fact it came that way from the factory. David did give good support just couldn't put his finger on this bolt.

sildoc
05-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Alright every one I give my seal of approval. Of course if your within 200 miles of me this aerator sucks!!!!!!

Yerkz
05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Alright, figured it out. see pics. I thought this nut was loose. boy once I tightened it the aerator came alive. super fast and what I was looking for. Only disappointment was that the fact it came that way from the factory. David did give good support just couldn't put his finger on this bolt.

More detail needed. What do you mean by tightened it up? Mine is tight and slow as hell. Is the adjustment made underneath?

LawnSolutionsCP
05-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Give us a call at the office...his bolt that was loose is a 1 in a million...never heard or seen it before.

sildoc
05-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Give us a call at the office...his bolt that was loose is a 1 in a million...never heard or seen it before.

I have replaced the nut and it still keeps coming undone. Is there something that would be vibrating it loose? I am going to try another and a lock washer. It only takes a second to tighten but it is somewhat annoying when it starts to get slow to stop and tighten.

sildoc
05-24-2011, 03:07 PM
More detail needed. What do you mean by tightened it up? Mine is tight and slow as hell. Is the adjustment made underneath?

follow the bolt through the frame and you will see where you need a hex and then a 1/2 inch wrench. hold the bolt with the hex and tighten with the wrench. Then adjust cables as needed.
If the bolt is tight then it just needs cable adjustments.

Service 1st Lawn Care
05-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Should not have to be making all these adjustments for a brand new machine right out of the factory. Sucks you have to work this much on a new machine. jmo

LawnSolutionsCP
05-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Should not have to be making all these adjustments for a brand new machine right out of the factory. Sucks you have to work this much on a new machine. jmo

Very true but still the most reliabile aerator in the industry based on direct feed back from some of our largest customers who own hundreds of them. More productive, safer from workers comp injuries, designed for zero maintenance because anything other than chainging the oil probably won't happen.

We have only been doing aerators for 2+ years now....as we continue to grown and expand constantly hiring new people you will see things like a nut loose. It just happens but very rarely.

As for speed, we do intensionally make them a little slower than could be because they sell into rental as well. Anyone can speed them up in 2 minutes if desired without the use of tools.

Maybe we should make a run behind version....or is one in the works for this fall? Hmm....can' say but have we ever just said good enough on any of our products. There is a lot more coming that is even better yet....much better.

Service 1st Lawn Care
05-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Maybe we should make a run behind version....or is one in the works for this fall? Hmm....can' say but have we ever just said good enough on any of our products. There is a lot more coming that is even better yet....much better.

That is great you keep inventing the wheel but if you continue to say the next product is even better then the last. Folks that own your product now might be saying crap I should have waited, mean while their having to make adjustments on a machine right out of the factory. I know no machine is perfect but you should not have to be working on them right from the get-go. Not here bashing your product just giving my opinion.

LawnSolutionsCP
05-25-2011, 09:48 AM
All valid points...

We have been successful because we evolve our products with the technology as it continues to develop in the industry instead of keep a design for 20-30 years.

Similarly to the auto industry. If you don't improve product, you don't give people the reason to invest in something that can make them more money and the results is they don't buy.

All of our products are designed to improve your bottom line and they will continue to improve. Changes are mostly subtle but every ~4 years there will be a big investment and platform change that will make huge improvements in all areas.

I can't imaging doing it any other way.